They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

River Smithy Rumble Turn 2

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:57 pm

Darius' Treasure Hunters

The Horselord Darius swaps his warhammer for his lance, eying the squad of swordsmen opposite him on the bridge...

Spurring his charger, the two dash forward onto the bridge...

And leaving destruction his his wake. Two Drakhirri lay slain; their corpses begin to smolder. Two lay disrupted not far away. Darius, however, looks down and notices crimson staining his horses leg (mount -1 hp).

Needless to say, from his vantage in the bushes, the Fuhrer is not pleased. Noticing that Darius' archers are beginning to notch their bows (and having an unused Feat from last turn) he begins a series of cult-calls...

..."Pansy archers, zat's all ze two of you are; nein, more zan pansies who could not heet the broad side of ze Blacksmis Huval! Why doncha run avay now before I keel bos of you!" Well...cower they did!

Darius' slayers remain undeterred. With the aid of a quickening spell from the Dragon Mage, they each have enough movement to assault a downed enemy. One's head is severed; the other Drakhirri's armor is much more resilient.

In the midst of the hubbub, the treasure bearers procure arms for themselves (from The Smiths), and set up a defensive stance behind the shop.

Ravenbane's Highwaymen

Seeing the slaughter of their comrades, the disrupted Drakhirri move to action; the outrider successfully shoves his adversary with his shield, and takes the space to arm himself with a lance. The lone longswordsman also gets to his feet and confronts the slayer who so undecorously severed his friends nape.

Ravenbane turns and fires...

Succeeding in both hitting and slaying Darius' mount! :cry: Ravenbane then flies onto the roof of the Blacksmith shop.

On a critical hit that was unsuccessfully parried, the Drakhirri Longswordsman exacts vengeance on a Slayer.

And the un-engaged Drakhirri outrider stands up, remounts, and locks himself in combat with a treasure-bearer. He whiffs his own attacks, while the treasure-bearer skewers the horse since his sword cannot reach the outrider (-1 hp).

The Smith Family

"Well tha cotrapshion was sussessful; less make mor!"

Grandpa Smith sets his defense golem on...defense mode...and tries to begin construction on another golem buddy. Tries being the key word.

Happy with their sales, Smith and Jr. continue to produce more weaponry at the forge.

Hiimboredagain Raiders

On the other side of the river, the Beetle Chariots blaze forward, making it far enough to tramble over the corpses of Drakhirri fallen. The rush of wind and dust douses the flames. As the Hoplomachii disembark, Conrad the Barber remains in the chariot, letting out a fearsome, blood-piercing war cry! :twisted: But given his far proximity from any foes, the scream only causes the nearby dragonmage to tumble out of the sky.

Meanwhile, the Hoplomachii have used their actions to sprint and leap across the river :shock:. The defense golem creekily turns to meet them; it will be noted that Smith swapped the halberd in his arm for an Enchanted Hammer...

Faction Revealed! - Dreska of Leoncor

Winging noiselessly on the wind, Paladin Dreska of the Order of the Sacred Lion descends upon the en-meleed mesa.

Of noble blood (Daughter to the King of Leoncor) and holy disdain, she sneers at the chaos which greets her! "Peasants one and all! Fisticuffs on a day like this when I NEED to get my SHOPPING DONE? Never in all the 7 kingdoms..."

With her on his back, the Gryphon proceeds toward the Blacksmith Hovel, attempting to skirt the embroilments. Her halberdier guardsmen follow on foot as swiftly as is possible...

Overwatch

Kill Chart

Darius - 3
RavenBane - 2
The Smiths - 0 (+2 gold)
Barbarians - 0
Dreska - 0
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:04 pm

Orders may now be submitted for Turn 3. Still trying to make do with just a phone, so thanks for the patience.

~Rev.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:37 am

*cough* Disrupted units use their action to get up *cough*

Everything else was awesome though, especially Darius 8) Those flames around his body are just genius.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:21 am

Bragallot wrote:*cough* Disrupted units use their action to get up *cough*
They do?!? I could have sworn that getting up from disruption only cost 2" and not an action...sincere apologies if I'm doing that wrong...

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Rev. Sylvanus wrote:
Bragallot wrote:*cough* Disrupted units use their action to get up *cough*
They do?!? I could have sworn that getting up from disruption only cost 2" and not an action...sincere apologies if I'm doing that wrong...
Its basically your choice I play that when disrupted the units just have lower armor and can't parry
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former- Albert Einstien.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:08 pm

Hmm. Apparently you're right. I interpreted being disrupted by an external source as costing the fig an action because bailing costs an action you don't 'pay' when you're disrupted by another fig because the guide puts bailing and being knocked back on the same level, but it's all a matter of interpretation I guess.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Currently waiting for orders from AlphaLurker. If I hear nothing in the next two days, his spot (The Hiimboredagain Raiders) will be up for grabs.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:04 pm

AlphaLurker has failed to contact me; the position of Barbarian Raiders is now open to the general public.

As soon as they are claimed, we will proceed with the round (or I may treat them as NPCs if no one steps forward).

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:18 pm

I'll take the barbarians
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former- Albert Einstien.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:30 pm

They are yours!

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:52 pm

Just when Silverdream isn't posting so much, SURPRISE SURPRISE.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?