They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

River Smithy Rumble Turn 3

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:44 am

Darius' Treasure Hunters

On the southern bank of the river, Darius' archers recover from their cowering. Notching arrow to string, they let loose a deadly salvo that slays one of the Barbarian Raiders! Fearing retribution, they skirt further west...

The Dragon Mage recovers from his tumble out of the sky...and gets an idea. Launching himself he gathers momentum...

And sets a course straight for Ravenbane! BLAMMO!

The collision leaves the Dragon Mage landing lightly on the Smith Workshop and Ravenbane in a heap 2" away. Yet, a classy armor roll (double crit) saves the Drakhirri Hero from any damage.

Behind the Smithy, the treasure-bearers gang up on the Drakhirri Lancer. They succeed in slaying his horse while Lancer fails to deal any damage (whiffed the attack).

The death of a steed is too much for any noble knight to bear. "May others know the turmoil in my heart!" he screams as he lines up a toss of his lance...

...and impales one of the nearby Scarabs! The force of the blow topple one chariot and cause the other to be sent into the River where Scarab #2 begins to sink under the current!

These exploits finished, Darius teams up with his remaining Slayer to decimate the standing Drakhirri Lancer (Dreska was removed from the photo so I could take the shot :))

Ravenbane's Highwaymen

"Ach, Vat Hurt!" Ravenbane is none-too-please at having been twacked out of his roof-top perch. Reclaiming his feet, he tip-toes up behind the nearby Slayer...

Headshot sneak attack! The Slayer has no chance.

Combat ensues behind the Smithy where a Lancer has lanced one of the treasure-bearers. His comrade attempts to make attacks back, but the Lancer's armor is too much.

In front of the Smithy, the remaining Longswordsman recognizes the sheer effort it would take to climb up after the Dragonmage. As a result, he picks up a short sword and chucks it at the mage's direction...Alas that the shot is deflected.

The Smiths

On the Smith's home front, Old Grandpa still tinkers in a corner by himself. Rather than continue his golem production, he decides to create yet another magick hammer! He is successful at crafting the hammer part, but magick hammers just don't appear out of thin air...

Sensing enemies, the defense golem approaches and engages with the Barbarian raider who is still standing.

But a crit fail not only causes the golem to miss; in addition, the magick hammer it had be wielding shatters!!! The Paladin Maiden will not be pleased...

And in retaliation, the Barbarian Hoplomachus completely obliterates his opponent :shock:

Meanwhile, Junior and Mr. Smith continue up their arms production...again...

Dreska of Leoncor

On the wings of the Gryphon, Dreska arrives at the other side of the river. Wading through the blood and gore to approach the Smith's, she notices a piece of broken armament lying on the battlefield :evil:

Not too overcome with passions, she coolly approaches Mr. Smith.

"Excuse me, artisan. But I have come to collect what's mine. Have you my...magick hammer?" Smith looks kinda nervous.

"Hey grandpa! What did you do with the nice lady's hammer she paid for a month or two ago?" After a jumbled conference, Smith turns again to Dreska. "A, you see, there appears to have been some sort of smelting accident; your hammer is right over there." Smith points to the heap of trash Dreska had just inspected.

"You can't expect met to leave here with that rubbish? I commissioned a magnificent hammer! I expect you will provide a second with all Haste!"

"Ah, yeah, you see, smithing costs have gone up. You can either take what you bought, or for a nominal fee, we can have another one made next month" Dreska gives him a cold stare.

"A nominal fee?"

"Yeah, probably about double."

"This is outrageous! I'm a paying customer! Here's a NEW deal! I'll be repossessing your ENTIRE SMITHY and indenturing your family in servitude until such time as you finish my HAMMER!"

...The Smith is silent for a moment...

..."Junior, Gramps! Arm yaselfs...the homestead is unner attack!"

At the call, the Smith family congeals into a battle formation, Mr. Smith taking time to throw on a suit of armor (will be out of combat this turn).

A series of poor attacks leave Grandpa, Dreska, and Junior without inflicting any damage. The Gryphon, however, makes a meal out of Grandpa!

Across the river, the halberdiers attempt to rush the downed Scarab, but are just out of reach (even with an angry inch)

Hiimboredagain Raiders

Conrad and a Bestiarius take a moment to unhitch the Scarab from his harness. Bestiarius #2 is quickly sinking into the river...he leaps to the other side of the river.

Bestiarius #1 mounts his Scarab and charges into the Halberds. The soldiers of Leoncor (since their pikes are longer) get to attack first, but both crit fail! The Scarab snacks on one while the javelins of the Bestiarius are ineffective.

Conrad Barber rushes on the scene and takes a little off the top. Second Halberdier eliminated.

Bestiarius #2 rejoins his friend; nevertheless, the javelins he throws fall short of their mark.

AAANNDD, a Scarab has clawed his way onto the bank at the mouth of the river. Of course, without his "trainer", he will be quite frenzied :twisted:

Overwatch

Kill Chart

Darius - 6
RavenBane - 4
The Smiths - 0 (+2 gold)
Barbarians - 3
Dreska - 1
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:48 am

Now cordially accepting orders for Turn 4 from all players.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:30 am

This just got a whole lot more interesting. 8)

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:10 am

Ladies and gents, bow down to DARIUS 8)
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:11 pm

Man, those peasants need some discipline.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:57 pm

SOMEONE GET ME SOME MAGIC!!!!!! Nice turn though
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*