Desert Strike [HH]

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

sjosten
Minifig

Desert Strike [HH]

Post by sjosten » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:41 pm

My first (posted) battle. Pics below text because I forget which one people like. Also, check http://brikwars.wikispaces.com/Warhead under "Why is Warhead in all forum battles?" for why I have Warhead here. Oh, and the in-game reason for blurry pics is that there's a sandstorm nearby.
Deep in the noob system, a powerful spacecraft is veering out of control. It is heading directly towards the small planet Kight. There is very little chance of it surviving the trip. Miraculously, the shuttle crashes in the middle of the desert. Clearly, it is meant to land there.
A few days later, a team of soldiers were sent out to locate the disturbance.
Suddenly, a crazed skeleton jumps out of the cockpit.
He lands with a thud. When the dust settles, the soldiers get there first good look at their opponent.
He rushes towards Huntsley, but misses his attack.
Will swings his sword and hits! Unfortunately, it has no effect on this strange being.
Huntsley jumps on top of one of the cars.
Yellow opens the trunk of the second car, and Ron hops into the driver's seat.
Realizing that he cannot hit Huntsley, the stranger turns his attention to the sword-wielding fool.
Unfortunately for the skeleton, Yellow grabs a machete out of the car.
Ron makes a U-turn, heading right for the creature.
The murderous beast jumps onto Ron's hood with Yellow and Will following close behind.
The creature stabs Ron, earning the first kill of the fight.
Will and Yellow attack Warhead, but hit each other's swords.
The flame-headed monster breaks Yellow's ribcage with the back of his weapon.
Then, in the middle of the day, with the sun in the sky, Huntsley turns into a werewolf.
Unfortunately (for Huntsley) Will's windpipe has been severed by the killer's weapon.
Huntsley jumps on to the car and the skeleton hits him with Will's body. It's uneffective.
So, Huntsley chooses to degrade his dead teammate more, by whacking the creature with Will's body. Again, pointless.
The skeleton warrior turns toward Huntsley.
"Suck it Wolfie."
The victor climbs to the top of the car in glory.

Winner: Warhead shard, obviously.
Deaths: Four for Four.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Swordsalmon
Nice TRIPS

Post by Swordsalmon » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Let's get onto reviewing "Desert Strike". I'll be honest, I was a bit dissapointed with this report, but let's get to the review.

Gameplay: The match itself was pretty boring. It was pretty much a curbstomp in favor of Warhead. 2
Photography: Pictures were really blurry. The "sandstorm" kind of makes up for it, but I had difficulty discerning events in the picture. 2
Violence: MSPaint Warhead laser makes up for everything! Violence was pretty average otherwise; a decent level of destruction for the amount of combatants. 3
Writing: A tie in with Warhead and the Immortal War is always nice. It looks likes this battle could be a decent prelude to greater consequences in the noob system! 3
Overall Appeal: This was your first report, and it certainly wasn't the best. Things can only get better from here, though! You just gotta take some better shots and be a little more engaging in the battle. I know the next reports will just get cooler and cooler! ^_^

Overall Score: 2/5 (Average of all scores, rounded)
Keldoclock wrote:Swordsalmon: Argues about the price of bits of plastic, yet happily forks over $1 for a quarter-sized bit of plastic that does nothing but look cool.

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Thanks. I knew I would get docked in the Gameplay because it was Me vs Me and I wanted to show Warhead was a force to be reckoned with. I'll be getting a new camera, so pics should improve. This was mostly to get feedback, and you've been great. Thanks again.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Gameplay: 2. As the good Reverend just said this was mainly about Warhead kicking ass. This can be fun, but next time I would add a few minifigs.
Photography: 3. Your photography isn't grainy and shitty but it is a little blurry.
Violence: 2. There wasn't much gore or explosions in this battle. The laser eyes did make me laugh though.
Writing: 4. The writing is passable, and there's a tie in with the immortal war.
Overall Appeal: This honestly wasn't a bad battle report. If you get a better camera, some blood and fire you could make people very happy. :warhead:
Overall Score: 2.5
Last edited by Silverdream on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Gameplay: bored me. 2.

Photography: some where pretty blured..2.

Violence: also slightly below average. 2.

Writing: cliche'd. 1.

Overall Appeal: might as well also be a two. 2.

Overall Score: 2/5

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:45 pm

Total score- 7. Thanks for the entry!

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Re: Desert Strike [HH]

Post by Natalya » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:48 pm

You can put this image in OP because it was featured on the BrikWars news feed.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."