Immortal Characters (Brikwars web series?)

The wide crazy world of art and also stuff

Moderators: Arkbrik, Hoboman

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder
Location: Checking back in between animations for Warhead's follow up to ZZD

Immortal Characters (Brikwars web series?)

Post by ForlornCreature » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:18 am

So we've been discussing a stop motion web series set in the brikwars universe during the Immortal war era, animated by me and scripted by Oloth if he's still up to it (also minitures for ships...I'll do a tutorial if you're unsure what to do for that, but we need some cool models for a start)

We need a team to crew our ship

-Pilot
-Captain (perhaps pilot?)
-Second in Charge
-Engineer
-Weapon Guy
-One or two fighter pilots
-Other?

Protagonist - I'm thinking one of the fighter pilots, a rookie to the ship who was hired not much before the events of the series. He's an average pilot but he's much better as a natural leader (brave, lucky etc.) and towards the end becomes the leader of the crew.
Perhaps some backstory involving him in charge of another crew?

What are your thoughts on the other characters? Should we include a minimalist or equal amount of women?
Also what are some other staple characters we need? I will update the post with info as we develop the characters.
Last edited by ForlornCreature on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:47 am

I suppose you're talking about a stop motion, right?

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder

Post by ForlornCreature » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:09 am

BFenix wrote:I suppose you're talking about a stop motion, right?
Post says so now

Candlejack
Hero

Post by Candlejack » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:25 am

Keep in mind, Immortals are the master-race of Warhead's empire, but most of the grunt work is done by normal minifigs, with all the powers that comes with.
"Nietzsche is dead. Nietzsche remains dead. No amount of philosophy or existentialism will fix this." -Anonymous

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder

Post by ForlornCreature » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:24 am

:roll:

Porphyrogenitus
Officer
Location: Aurora, Indiana, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Post by Porphyrogenitus » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:28 pm

Make the fighter pilots the women. Smaller average body mass and slightly better average ability to handle Gs should make them somewhat superior as combat pilots on small strike craft, and it avoids several cliches (female engineer, female weapons expert, etc.).

I recommend a tech geek as well, though that could be one of the other characters who doubles in the tech role as well; perhaps the Captain, which would be a bit of a change of pace from most sci-fi character lists, where the Captain is the rugged and manly type or the smooth ladies' man type or whatever. Avoid a Han Solo/Captain Kirk/Captain Piccard and you'll pretty much automatically get points for originality.

Consider also a synthetic or non-human character, and of course you need a token peach on the crew.
0 Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine Inheritance. To our Rulers grant victories over the barbarians, and by Thy Cross protect Thine own Estate.

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder

Post by ForlornCreature » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:22 am

I like the idea of a tech geek, but perhaps not as the captain. This also sort of falls into the engineer category.

We were already going to have an AI character that is insane that inhabits the ship the crew has found.

I'll find the plot and post it later, but all information is buried in the Darker Shades of Grey thread

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:37 am

Porphyrogenitus wrote:...and of course you need a token peach on the crew.
:son:
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.