HOLY SHI- HE'S ALIVE!

Pay attention

Moderator: Bonn-o-Tron

Postby Tzan » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Oh fuck, a month in the hospital.

My quad bypass was only a week, and kidney cancer was 3.5 days.

We need pics.
I posted mine already.

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... 73&start=0
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:48 pm

don't got no pics on my computer, my parents have everything documented at the home computer since they're the ones taking most of the pictures.

I guess I could sign up for a medical marijuana card, but the license to get one and the pain in the ass of going to the weed doctor sure is a lot more inconvenient than my dealer.
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby OneEye589 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Pretty kick ass story. I don't have any of those. Glad you're doing good though.

Over the summer, a couple of my friends got injured legs, too. The guy was at a party, the girl came in and saw him. She ran up to him, jumped on him, and they proceeded to fall backwards out of a second story window and land in the asphalt driveway. Lucky for her, he broke her fall.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby Brikboyz » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Rayhawk wrote:
Moronstudios wrote:
Matt wrote:I'll bet Rayhawk can fix that.......

And I will bet he doesn't want to do anything about it.

I could put effort into doing something about it, but that would almost be like saying having more posts is actually worth something. Instead I'd rather spend my energy on things that truly matter, like giving people funny rank titles.

That is why I am no longer brikwars god :lol:
Kill the Peach, Burn the Heretic, Purge the Nega!
Spoiler: show
TROLOLO
Brikboyz
Officer

Postby stubby » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:55 pm

Man, if I got laid up for a month in a hospital... I would have totally beaten Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup by now. You lucky bastard.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:31 am

My roommate beat it twice unfortunately so :asterios:
IVhorseman

Postby Tzan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:43 am

I'll bet the wall had no reinforcing bars in it.

In days of yore I worked at a structural engineering company and was told a story about a guy who was running a project we did drawings for.

Years before he was running a project and decided to save money by installing no rebars in a 20 foot high conc block wall for a warehouse. During construction the wall was up, but no roof was on it, which would have stabilized it. Then a strong gust of wind hit, the wall was a sail and collapsed... on a guy. He died.

So... do your friends parents want you to pay for breaking their wall. :)
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Natalya » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:44 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Gonna necromance the shit out of this thread due to the appropriate title. TL;DR: I rolled a 1 while climbing a wall and broke both my legs and now I'm in a wheelchair!

I totally almost died this summer! This is the story! I was hanging out at my friend's house that he just moved into that week. We're walking around the house and we went to the back yard, and start talking about the wall separating the front and back yards. It's a cinder block wall, about 6-7 feet tall, and I decided to climb up and jump over it. because why not.

So I'm running at this wall, and I jump up against the house wall, kick off, and land on top of the cinder blocks. Hey, I did it! I started pushing myself up and over, and then I hear a horrifying crack, followed by several cries of "ohhhh shiiiit!" I look to my side and see that the wall was falling backwards on top of me, and I got the solemn realization that I was about to break a lot of bones, very fast. All I had time to do was jump as far away from the wall as I could muster, and doing so assuredly saved my life.

I land first and the wall comes crashing down on top of my legs, instantly crushing my right femur and snapping it in half. That's the big-ass thigh bone and is the hardest bone in your body to break. My left tibia (shin-bone) was also cracked radially. I also ALSO tore my femoral artery, which means that I had about 20 minutes before I bled to death. Thankfully, all my bleeding was internal and I didn't find out about it until the next day, when I woke up in a hospital with a huge metal technic-looking assembly jutting out of my leg and attached to my bones.

However I totally remained conscious after the fall. I picked up my right leg and saw it fall over like a wet noodle, and fortunately enough for me the ambulance showed up in about a minute. They took a bunch of X-rays and shoved me in an MRI machine, then put me under and started operating. I ended up in the hospital for a month and two days, and am still in a wheelchair 4 months later (this happened June 28th).

Fortunately, I will most likely end up making a full recovery. All in all I only broke two bones (they just happened to be the two biggest ones in both of my legs), and didn't mess up my hip or my knee so I'll definitely be walking again in like a month or two. I'm already using crutches around the house. And of course, I have to thank the fact that I jumped away from the wall, or else I would have broken several more bones at the very least, and punctured/flattened several major organs at the worst.

So, ask me about my horrifying injury!

Is that why you AFK'd forever?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya
Tremble in awe, for I am become Admin, Banner of Noobs.

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:28 pm

I think that was the pot.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby IVhorseman » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:48 pm

Tzan wrote:I'll bet the wall had no reinforcing bars in it.

So... do your friends parents want you to pay for breaking their wall. :)

As a matter of fact, it did not! Moreover, there wasn't any mortar within the wall. Instead? rolled up newspapers from the sixties.

This was the place my buddy just moved into and he's renting the place from a landlord who has also neglected to update quite a few dilapidated things that are in this house. There be mighty legal storms in my future.

Although I AFK'd forever waaaay before this happened to me. over a year, actually! it was combination pot/school/work/crawl/brikwars that distracted me from here, and every time I logged on I attempted to read all the posts so I would be back in the loop on wtf was going on before I posted anything, which was clearly not worth the effort.
IVhorseman

Postby *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:56 am

crawl?
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.
*CRAZYHORSE*
My Little Pony

Postby Tzan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:37 am

IVhorseman wrote:As a matter of fact, it did not! Moreover, there wasn't any mortar within the wall. Instead? rolled up newspapers from the sixties.

People have used newspaper for insulation, but that wall was outside, makes no sense.

I'll be sure to let my engineer know that 60's newspapers are not a good replacement for steel bars in filled cores.
:busted:

crawl == dungeon crawl
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Natalya » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:49 am

IVhorseman wrote:... I attempted to read all the posts so I would be back in the loop on wtf was going on before I posted anything, which was clearly not worth the effort.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Each night alone I dream, that I'm a rebel Roller Queen‼
I'll be a star that shines, I can make the whole world mine‼"

Natalya

Postby Tzan » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Oh and one other thing.

Stay off my lawn you damn kids!
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby stubby » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:36 pm

Tzan wrote:I'll be sure to let my engineer know that 60's newspapers are not a good replacement for steel bars in filled cores.
:busted:

Now hold on just a second. A single example of structural failure is exciting and everything but it hardly represents a thorough survey. I'm going to need to see newspaper-stuffed cinderblock walls in a much wider variety of environments and conditions, and IV jump-testing each of them one by one.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements