They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

River Smithy Rumble Epilogue

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:39 am

Recap of Dreska and Darius' Dialogue

Dreska: ""Halt! Don't Move! Put MY chest down!" She turns to Darius: "Sir knight, I am willing to negotiate with you, particularly regarding the smithy I have recently acquired through conquest; a choice selection of weapons and equipment may be yours, but I do insist that your men DEsist from moving that chest at this present time!..."

Darius: ""What?! These are our lands, as I recall it*, and we bear no responsibility for the injustices these smiths have done to you, deeds for which we would have put them to the sword ourself and arranged a just recompense for you had you brought this issue to our courts, but us dragon knights shall not be threatened or bought with what's already ours. Thus, put down your claim on our gold and lands, or prepare to die! I have my honour and my duty to my King to live up to."

Dreska: ""Very well Darius. You may have your petty riches now; but this argument is not over yet. We shall settle it on an even footing, with equal armies by our sides. Be prepared dragon."

Dreska, Paladin of Leoncor stands on the bridge, surveying the carnage of the field with pangs of regret for her men (dead), and for the merchandise she was never able to procure. Certainly Leoncor--or at least more of my loyal men--would be willing to follow to to the field for this affront, she thinks.

As Dreska is lost in thought and prepares to leave for her kingdom on foot, Darius gives a quick nod to his archers bearing the treasure chest. They set down the burden and swiftly draw their bows...

...Death is swift. Dreska will not leave the field of battle, two arrows notched in her back.

As the archers approach, they look quizzically to their captain. "My lord, is this not a disgrace? Will we not be spelling war for Lucien and the subjects of Wyvar?" In answer to their questions, Darius leaps from his horse and procures one of the Barbarian javelins lying on the ground...

"There; the princess' death is none of our doing. When Leoncor comes to collect their dead, evidence will speak on behalf of the Hii'mboredagain. And here, leave your bows in the hands of the dead Drakhirri..."

Sometime later....

"Well done my good friend Darius! You have recovered the treasure! But I see your fellowship is somewhat thinned? You did not encounter resistance did you?"

"Alas my lord Lucien! As we attempted to cross the river, highwaymen from Ravenbane's ilk. Soon after, we were also accosted by Barbarians from the South...and it is with great sadness that we must report that the princess of Leoncor has also been slain."

"Dreska? Oh dear! What was she doing in this part of Wyvar?"

"Employing the Smith's from what I can tell; the Barbarians were merciful neither to her nor the craftsmen..."

"I see...well we will have to dispatch envoys to Leoncor to bear the news and employ a new family of smiths to take up residence here. But of that, later; let us return home..."

Photo of the Surviving Faction:

Final Kill Chart

Darius - 11 (2 heroes; 1 hovel; 10 gold) victorious
RavenBane - 4
The Smiths - 0
Barbarians - 5
Dreska - 6 (1 hero)
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Post by Lord Mercat » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:07 pm

Well, Darius certainly solved that problem :boss:

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:10 pm

I sorta did see this coming... well, there goes my plan for escalating the conflict and forcing Rev to make a bigger battle in the future :lol:

GG guys.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Ah-HAHAHAHA :twisted: Well that was quite honourless.
well, there goes my plan for escalating the conflict and forcing Rev to make a bigger battle in the future
Don't worry, now the Dragon Knights can invade Leoncor while their armies are out fighting the barbarians ;)

This was a great fight Rev., one of the best I've played yet.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Good, I'm glad :D. I hope most everyone else enjoyed it too!

No worries, Zahru, the death of the princess most certainly ensures another forum battle that should "hopefully" be bigger. Though the next next one I do might be sci-fi...

Comments and suggestions on how the battle progressed are always welcome.

~ Rev.

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:59 pm

My comment/suggestion: It went awesome :boss: :666: :ftw: .
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.

Zahru II

Post by Zahru II » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:10 pm

Also, I'll have to make a Dreska for myself, she was an awesome character to play as. How you did the shoulders Rev? Custom, or 3rd party pieces?
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:14 pm

The Undead Horde approves. It's from a custom pieces shop. I forgot which one... which sucks because I needed some of those armours for the Falx, lol.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:36 pm

Zahru II wrote:Also, I'll have to make a Dreska for myself, she was an awesome character to play as. How you did the shoulders Rev? Custom, or 3rd party pieces?
The shoulder pieces are indeed third-party. I use the for Dragon Knights, Dreska just borrowed them :D

The website is www.brickforge.com and the item is "round pauldron"

enders_shadow
Mega Blok

Post by enders_shadow » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:25 pm

And make sure you also get a neck brace, otherwise you won't be able to use them :wink:

Anyway, this was a splendid ending to a great game. Looking forward to much more in the future!