Town Plan... For destruction!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Carrnevil9
Officer

Town Plan... For destruction!

Post by Carrnevil9 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:22 pm

On the off chance you guys haven't seen this yet, http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.as ... =245&d=100
Perhaps it's just me, but this seems to have amazing brikwar potential. I can't help but be a little disappointed that most of it is a facade, but it has a gas station. Y'know, as in... kaboom!
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:33 pm

actually, yes. the cinema is what really made it for me. that vertical sign is just BEGGING to be used as a massive sword. you could also combine this with a few other building sets to make a decent sized town to tear apart.

Carrnevil9
Officer

Post by Carrnevil9 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:48 pm

So it would look something like... this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZiHer4MD5Oo
just with a cinema sign instead of a sword? "I am the cinema sign that smites evil?"
Brawl Friend Code: 14MN0-TY0URF-R13ND

"Have I lied to you? I mean, in this room? Trust me, leave that thing alone." GLaDOS

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:01 pm

the cars would also be fairly usefull because they are mostly flat they offer good cover and it would be easy to mount guns on them.

Moronstudios
Mega Blok

Post by Moronstudios » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Carrnevil9 wrote:So it would look something like... this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZiHer4MD5Oo
just with a cinema sign instead of a sword? "I am the cinema sign that smites evil?"
more like "I am the cinema sign that smites Dimmys."
This set would make an amazing battle field.
Looking for Vancouver Island players: http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1194

__Nero__
Nice
Location: In a dank dark cave plotting ways to kill peach colored figs and dimmies

Post by __Nero__ » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:36 pm

was just thinking about buying that set so as to get the cars. the cars are pretty good for mounting guns and there is a gas station. That baby is begging for C4!!!

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:06 pm

alright, breakdown by-building of this set:

GAS STATION: my friends, this is a gas station. i shouldn't need to say more. however as a strategy tip for the player controlling the gas station as an HQ: get those tanks out ASAP. use em as weapons, drain em out to make a ring of fire, i don't care. also, the car wash on the gas station makes a good repair depot/mechanik base.

TOWN HALL: provides excelent cover from all directions and high ground. it looks like you might need baseplates though to construct an indoor second story. sure it's a facade, but you can always go with "invisible walls" rules, or the "bombed out remains" effect (basically just say that a previous struggle blew off the back wall).

CINEMA: the box office makes a nice machinegun nest, and while the roof is lower than the town hall's, it offers more cover. fewer windows though means less offensive capability. and of course, that sign could be *ahem* useful.

FOUNTAIN + CARS: cars are easily modified to have weapons and a driver, but i'd personally just flip em over for cover. combined with park benches and you've got a makeshift fortress. the fountain is also just the right height for a minifig to stand behind for a bit of cover.

The Lizard King
Hero

Post by The Lizard King » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:52 pm

That looks like a great set!
"I Am The Lizard King, I can do Anything"

Bonn-o-Tron
Mega Blok

Post by Bonn-o-Tron » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:29 pm

Gee, IVhorseman, when you put it into that perspective, it really does make the set look worth it =P
:rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei: :rei:

__Nero__
Nice
Location: In a dank dark cave plotting ways to kill peach colored figs and dimmies

Post by __Nero__ » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:31 pm

now just imagine this with every other lego city set. A large city just begging for destruction!
THIS! IS! BRIKWARS!

Captainhusky
Champion
Champion

Post by Captainhusky » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:36 am

anytim I build a city It alwas ends up looking like tennate slums , I have no clue why .