Another vehicle weapons question

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Re: Another vehicle weapons question

Post by Pwnerade » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:19 pm

Keldoclock wrote:
Scarapis wrote: Grapeshot
They're called "Canister shells" now, dude. They haven't been referred to as Grapeshot for 200 years.
HEAT is also being slowly phased out of use now, what with kinetic penetrating rounds and some fancy new shaped charge thing.
HEAT is a shaped charge, and armor-piercing rounds that rely on kinetic energy predate them.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:24 am

Keldoclock wrote:
Scarapis wrote: Grapeshot
They're called "Canister shells" now, dude. They haven't been referred to as Grapeshot for 200 years.
HEAT is also being slowly phased out of use now, what with kinetic penetrating rounds and some fancy new shaped charge thing.
Canister shells were something different and dating back to the 1700s or 1800's or so. Don't quote me on this, but I think grapeshot is about the size of someone's fist, and typically loaded into a bag or something in sets of a dozen or so. Canister shot was a mass of pistol shot loaded into a metal canister.

What they use in that role today are fragmentation shells.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:43 am

You are right, my bad.
Illness hurts my vocabulary.

Edit: actually, I am right. From Wikipedia:

The typical tank gun is a smoothbore weapon capable of firing armor-piercing kinetic energy penetrators (KEP), also known as armour-piercing discarding sabot (APDS), and/or armour piercing fin stabilised discarding sabot (APFSDS) and high explosive anti-tank (HEAT) shells, and/or high explosive squash head (HESH) and/or anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM) to destroy armoured targets, as well as high explosive (HE) shells for engaging soft targets or fortifications. Canister shot may be used in close or urban combat situations where the risk of hitting friendly forces with shrapnel from HE rounds is unacceptably high.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:38 am

Indeed you were. But I was MOSTLY right.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:09 am

:sbr:

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:26 pm

friendly forces lol