Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Re: Battle of Beigetown

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:50 pm

pesgores wrote:My eyes burn
...Bwah?
Theblackdog wrote:Friggin' awesome droid. What about attaching something sharp to the end of the chain, like a knife? Or just turning the flails into morningstars.
Dude, we just discuss this, I tried different things and it just didn't look right...

Azshuran Empire
Champion
Champion
Location: preparing for dimensional incursion of dimension layer title-27459277

Post by Azshuran Empire » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:44 am

i was really REalLY into it at first :twss: . the whole of it was amazing up until the point of the battle. thats when things went *caplooy* for me. i was hoping for a more carnage infested battle rather than a one sided slaughter :why: . but meh, that's just me. overall though? :ftw: !!! the set up and everything you used and etc is given a 20 out of 10 stars. first rate job! :godwin:
the empire is hidden, but it is not hiding. it is waiting. and like a sleeping giant will wake with consequences as of yet unseen in the brikverse. unimaginable destruction will ensue leaving ruins in its trail.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Thanks. I was hoping to give the CIS and Republic equal fighting grounds, but most of the time the Republic just annihilates the droids. My last battle was a bit better though; even though the Republic still won, their only survivors were an AT-TE and about 15 troops out of an army of seven vehicles and 50+ men.

Azshuran Empire
Champion
Champion
Location: preparing for dimensional incursion of dimension layer title-27459277

Post by Azshuran Empire » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:44 pm

*constructive criticism alert* ( :trap: ) i find the ninjas ability to spawn a dragon out of his ass for free very game wrecking. normally this is the type of comment that asks for some one to say :sbr: , but being that you're actually trying to make this balanced, you may want to add the dragons cost to the minifigs or give the sith a similar and equally powerful tool :rtfm:. other wise it completely defeats the point of having an army :godwin: . give me death. give me carnage. give me stalingrad! :belushi: style! :man:

Edit: besides, it just makes the republic look like a bunch of anorakish pussies otherwise
the empire is hidden, but it is not hiding. it is waiting. and like a sleeping giant will wake with consequences as of yet unseen in the brikverse. unimaginable destruction will ensue leaving ruins in its trail.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:25 pm

Maybe give sith the ability to do force lightning which can cause dragons to despawn, and the ninjas will have to re-summon them.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:56 pm

But- but- but- DRAGONS!

To reply in a manner that better suits your post style, :sbr:, :sparta:
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

heavyfishcannon
Minifig

Post by heavyfishcannon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:But- but- but- DRAGONS!

To reply in a manner that better suits your post style, :sbr:, :sparta: :bitch:
Fix'd
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:10 am

This is why I now need to build a lego sith rancor or tarentatek (or however you say it). My sith ranks do need more diversity and bolstering. The dragons were a big disadvantage, but I figured that since there would be only one this time it would be a bit more balanced. Not to mention the fact that it lost 2 out of 6 structure points to a single round of combined fire from a ragtag band of mercs and their droid.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:46 pm

The lives of vehicles are hard and fast. The Sith not only need a rancor (which would be TOTALLY awesome), but the death of a dragon should definitely be permanent (or at least until the end of the game). I'm not sure how you want to balance summoning, but "whenever the fuck I want" takes a lot of the challenge out of the game.

heavyfishcannon
Minifig

Post by heavyfishcannon » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:26 pm

What about a rival team of ninjas (Cobra Kai?) or those snake guys, and they can call in heavy support too? Or maybe the sith get an airstrike or something capable of equal damage to a dragon to play with whenever a dragon is summoned?
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:35 pm

The lives of vehicles are hard and fast. The Sith not only need a rancor (which would be TOTALLY awesome), but the death of a dragon should definitely be permanent (or at least until the end of the game). I'm not sure how you want to balance summoning, but "whenever the fuck I want" takes a lot of the challenge out of the game.
Once the dragon dies, its gone for good. The ninjas only get one dragon summon per game, and they can only summon a dragon if they have their DX outfit (the one with the dragon on it). I would like to build a rancor (and have tried in the past), but I have had trouble trying to get a good design. I looked at ACPin's version on MOC pages but that was far too difficult for me and I don't have the pieces. As for the vehicles, I love vehicular combat, and like seeing large columns of tanks blowing the crap out of each other, thus I load my tanks with powerful weaponry and although most of them have pretty decent armor they have a tendency to get utterly destroyed in an average time frame of about 2-4 rounds.
What about a rival team of ninjas (Cobra Kai?) or those snake guys, and they can call in heavy support too? Or maybe the sith get an airstrike or something capable of equal damage to a dragon to play with whenever a dragon is summoned?
That is a good idea. I don't have any of the new snake people yet though so I've just used my skullkin as skeleton ninjas, and their vehicles (the turbo shredder and that helicopter that came with my lightning dragon) are the only skelly vehicles I have. Since they have almost no weapons, I just give them supernatural dice and say that they can shoot dark energy balls from their mouths or whatever.