This is epic

Since the dawn of time, one genre of music has dominated and ruled with an iron fist

Moderators: Apollyon, BFenix

Postby Apollyon » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:45 am

How could they put Grunge in there? Blasphemy! ...oh wait, that's a band, too.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!
Apollyon
Playmobil

Postby Bragallot » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Zupponn wrote:I can agree with this. There are probably albums to look at that say that Priest is power metal and others to look at that say that Priest is something else. Just take a look at Priest's Wikipedia page and there are four different categorizations for them: heavy metal, speed metal, hard rock, and power metal.

Yeah, that's what happens with bands that have their own sound and are difficult to categorize. Nevermore, for example, have been called almost every type of metal.

Zupponn wrote:I just looked at this closely and thought about it. Manowar was before Helloween and Manowar is power metal. Avenged Sevenfold is not power metal, no matter how you look at them. I'm not even sure if Avenged Sevenfold is metal at all.

Hehe, I'm not too sure either (and am not interested in finding out) about Avenged Sevenfold being metal or not, I just remember reading a guy once called them power metal and I needed some names, lol. A lot of people have the tendency of calling bands power metal very easily though, I've even seen U.D.O. being described as power metal (probably simply because of his voice) while it's definitely just classic heavy metal.

As for Manowar, they fit into power metal because of their bombastic sound and fantasy themes (something Rainbow may have started out) so they have had their influence, however compare most power metal band's sound of today to Helloween and Manowar, it's definitely the Helloween sound that has been copied / has inspired other bands more. Few bands sound like Manowar, as the bassist himself said.

"these days, there's a real lack of big, epic metal that is drenched with crushing guitars and choirs and orchestras... so it's nice to be one of the few bands that's actually doing that."

It's why Kai Hansen is regarded as 'the grandfather of power metal'.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Location: Trying to find something else to put here now that I have a new custom rank.

Postby Alex » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:43 am

I feel like this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=req-oDf2ZRc should be the theme song for any Germanic army. I think it's got a very Brikwarsy feel to it.
Alex
Dimmy

Postby Bragallot » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Heh, I should've known which song you meant before you even clicked the link, it's an epic song indeed and I often look to such things for inspiration when I need names for stuff.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Zupponn wrote:I hope to offend everyone.
Bragallot
Blockguy

Location: Trying to find something else to put here now that I have a new custom rank.

Re:

Postby GeneralOfDeath » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:16 pm

BFenix wrote:I now leave you this exquisite cover piece of Gamma Ray's To The Metal! album, thx for the link Brag! IN METAL WE TRUST! HAIL!

Rayhawk should make autoedits of "trust" to the first thing ti pop into my mind, "thrust".

Then again, "In God we thrust" could be described as begging for a thunderbolt.
Let's Play X-Com: UFO Defense

The New Guy's Guide to the Brikwars Forums

Threads Won: 1 2

Times Banned: 6

Time Banned: 4 Days 2 Hours
TROLOLO
GeneralOfDeath
Jaw-Jaw

Re: This is epic

Postby Keldoclock » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:28 pm

In Deo autem expelli.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything