Nations of the Kilo, Rho and Zulu Nebula Systems *DEAD*

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Re: Nations of the Kilo, Rho and Zulu Nebula Systems

Post by Kastrenzo » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:46 pm

My family went off to visit a relative who lives in America about a week ago, and I didn't know until the other day that they took the only good Camera in the house with them. So I can't post any more pictures for a day or two until they get back. But here's an update as to what's changed and what's coming up.

Caspians *White*
- Infantry almost completley revamped, Soldiers are for the most part streamlined and the color schemes match.
- The Infantry forces also grew in size substantially, about 20 to 30 more infantry, Mainly stock Star wars Snowtroopers, Would have preferred Stormtroopers, but whatever.
- Armadillo has been revamped, Much more sleek now.
- New APC

Kamazians *Red*
- A lot of work went into making the Infantry much more streamlined, The army matches a lot more now, but It may have actually shrunk by 3 or 4 Minifigs
- Two new APCs, the Civilian Fjord Trucks were converted into Kamazian fighting vehicles. there's little need for civilian vehicles anyway
- Rozonov was given to the Protoxans, No need for it anymore and it's practically a useless vehicle anyway, only 4 studs wide, it can't even fit any minifigs in it, and the driver needs his arms and legs removed just so theres the appearance that someone is inside

Volkans *Black*
- Again, Infantry have been worked on, Volkans Grew a bit when the Kamazians shrunk, I took a lot of the black peices off the Kamaz and made them into Volk Soldiers.
- Kanguru is no more, Upgraded it beyond all recognition, is now a fully functioning APC modelled in a similar style to the New Kamazian APCs

Protoxans *Blue*
- Nothing major for infantry, May have gained or lost a fig or two
- Recieved Rozonov IFV from Kamazians, Color scheme changed
- Recieved the "Tank droid" and "Spider Droid" from my old "Battle of Kashyyyk" Set, Was going to incorporate them into the Lingshan but they have a few vehicles already.

Lingshan *Tan/Brown*
- Made a few more minifig Infantry, didn't have any helmets for them though so gave them those silly adventurer hats with the folded sides, managed to make a few more battle droids from parts I found, nothing else major

Larrians *Green* - Haven't shown these guys yet
- Nothing really big, I haven't shown these guys yet anyway, Their vehicles consist mainly of captured Negablok equipment, I did manage to find some of the parts for one of them though, it was a jeep that originally had no hood or roof, and looked awful, now it looks somewhat decent

Future Plans in general / Other
- I'm going to make a horde of ramshackle minifigs from all the leftover parts, and give them random weaponry, I've been playing warhammer videogames too much and it's made me want to have a faction that at least behave like the orks,

- Many of my civilians were cannibalized to make soldiers for the armies, I had about 50 civilians but that's way too many to be using up limited minifig parts, like the vehicles, they are only ever used as bystanders anyway, or rioters/rebels

I'm undertaking a revamp of several vehicles, making them match their armies color scheme. Currentley the biggest projects are the Jaguar and Vorschlaghammer tanks for the white and black armies respectivley,

Also considering a complete revamp of the Kodiak, but I'm fresh out of ideas, so I don't want to tear it apart until I have a plan

I really wish the Lego company still sold individual sets of tracks/treads, because the three tanks I have are the -only- tracks/Treads I have, I have some of those interlinking plastic tracks off the tank droid but I don't have enough to make two full treads for a bigger tank, and if I did have a bigger tank, it's the question of who to give to? I'm thinking if I did, I'd dismantle the Jaguar, build another Vorschlaghammer, and give the big one to the Caspians.

anyway, next post will have pictures, Kinda had bad timing, /TL;DR
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:37 pm

THese have to be myh new favorit fations, wonderful job witheach of them! i simply cannot wait for your Battles.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:57 pm

I'm thinking I may just delete/close this thread and start new ones for individual armies, I Dunno, it's easier to organize but I don't want to spam the forum with 6-7 threads

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:34 pm

do what ever feels right, but i'd make this thread a Topthread for all your others and have all the links to each faction here, aswell as explanitory pics

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:43 am

eh I just thought about it because I feel this thread is a mess,

anyway I've got the camera back, be posting some pictures later, Just got home from work a few hours ago and Im too tired. I'll get it all in 1 go

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Here are the new pictures

Caspian Infantry after their massive overhaul

Caspian Armadillo V2

New Caspian APC, Haven't bothered to give it a name yet. Can hold 3-4 troops

New Kamazian APCs, Haven't named them either. Can hold 4-6 troops each

Upgraded Volkan Kanguru, was going to give it a new name since it doesn't even resemble the Kanguru Image

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Those APC carrying capacities are just plain pathetic.

:protip: Make your APCs tanks too!
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7923
My landraider can hold 10-12 minifigs.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:Those APC carrying capacities are just plain pathetic.

:protip: Make your APCs tanks too!
http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7923
My landraider can hold 10-12 minifigs.

I build my Medium/Light APCs to be able to hold about 6 Minifigs because that's typcially the size of my squads/fireteams.

the Volkan Mastodon *see earlier posts* carries about a dozen or more. it all depends on what kind of soldiers I'm putting in them.

I can only fit 3 Snowtroopers in the small APC because of their backpacks, but other troops I can fit double that sometimes.

I should also reiterate that I don't have the luxury of having all the parts that I would like to have at my disposal As I've said earlier I don't have any tracks, and My Lego and Megablocks parts have been in storage for nearly 5 years

Most of these new APCs are really about the size of scout vehicles or general purpose jeeps, but until I have the means to make bigger ones, they are troop carriers.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:18 pm

I love the look of those small vehicles. They look like you can actually field them without them filling up the entire battlefield.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Paco
Dimmy

Post by Paco » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:48 am

4-6 is usually what a light ATV carries. The vehicles do look better now the second time around.
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.
Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:14 am

Hell, none of my dropships carry more than 6 or 8 dudes anyways. Love the new Caspians!

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:My landraider can hold 10-12 minifigs.
Are you obsessed with that thing? Not everyone wants to make a Landraider, and yours certainly isn't solid enough to compare every vehicle to it. Some people want to come up with their own vehicles, so please stop telling everyone to make a WH40k vehicle just because you did.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kastrenzo wrote:New Caspian APC, Haven't bothered to give it a name yet. Can hold 3-4 troops
This. I really like this.
Spoiler
Show
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:48 pm

Although I admire the sleekness of these vehicles, the guns look tacked on.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:59 pm

They Practically are, I've been doing it a lot latley, the whole *remote controlled roof mounted gun* thing.

It's a bit lazy, but it's all I've been able to find the parts for, tommorow I'm going to be setting up the fold up table and all my baseplates, I'll probably work on some stuff too if I get the time.

Also, the weapons on the White and Black APCs, I -never- use those for anything, so I've started sticking them on the rooftops of vehicles, the ones that look like little laser guns that have a sight off to the side. So thats part of the reason, I just wanted to get rid of them.
Last edited by Kastrenzo on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:07 pm

aoffan23 wrote:
Robot Monkey wrote:My landraider can hold 10-12 minifigs.
Are you obsessed with that thing? Not everyone wants to make a Landraider, and yours certainly isn't solid enough to compare every vehicle to it. Some people want to come up with their own vehicles, so please stop telling everyone to make a WH40k vehicle just because you did.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kastrenzo wrote:New Caspian APC, Haven't bothered to give it a name yet. Can hold 3-4 troops
This. I really like this.

I like it too, it's not exactly original because if you look in earlier posts, it's just a modified ambulance, but it just goes to show that you can still make something half decent with some modifications to a stock set.

Who needs ambulances? they're all gonna die anyway