Final Battle of City 17

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Moronstudios, Zupponn, Killer Karetsu

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Final Battle of City 17

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Before I begin, I have to mention that this battle is A - entirley a single player battle, and Most importantly B - This does not follow Brikwars rules

I still haven't become familiar enough with the core rules to be able to follow everything to a T. Years ago friends and I played a Wargame with these same armies but it was leagues apart from Brikwars, This battle however is much more similar to brikwars than the older game. Nevertheless you probably wont even notice much of a difference anyway, I was actually -playing- I wasnt just posing figs and dropping dice on the table to make it look like a game. Although you will have to excuse some of the shots that had massive piles of dice in the middle of the road, I got tired of them falling off the edge of the table. If something seems odd or out of place, don't mention it, because it's not worth wasting your time, I've already warned you that this is not a pure brikwars game.

*Yes, Har har I stole the name from Half life, But City 17 was the name of the city I had 5 of 6 years ago, it's long gone now but when I put my plates down and such this evening, a few buildings and partial buildings still remain, so I figured I'd have one last battle before tearing it apart and starting anew*

City 17 is situated on a Planet next to Brikrigton, the former home of the now defunct Brikrigton Empire. It has seen nearly 10 years of civil war, and foreign invasion. Now it is at a breaking point. Caspian f0rces have deployed to the region in an attempt at gaining the populace's support, the Volkan Democratic Republic sent a strike force to the planet as well, in pursuit of a Larrian Alliance Commander whom they have labeled a "War Criminal" for defacing the Volkan's new Flagship by replacing several Volkan Black briks with Larrian Green briks while it was still under construction.

I elected to make this a primarily Infantry battle and kept the number of vehicles down. I rolled some dice to determine the turn order

Larrians > Caspians > Volkans

Calm before the Storm *Overwatch*

The band of Larrian Alliance Fighters, who have set up camp in a destroyed trainyard, and have been trying to manufacture fighting vehicles with no success.

The Caspian Pacification Force, Who have deployed near the trainyard, next to the valley

The Volkan Strike Force, Who have deployed on the beach

TURN 1

A group of Larrian fighters wastes no time in welcoming the Caspian army, Taking down a pair of Caspian Marines immediatley

A Caspian Mechanized Infantry fireteam responds with a volley of fire onto the Larrian fighters, Killing three of them

The Volkan APC Pulls ahead and fires on the masses of Caspian Army soldiers, Amazingly hitting -nothing-

TURN 2

Larrian fighters rush into the second story of a run-down apartment building and set up a machinegun in the window

The Larrian Machine gun rains down on the Caspian Mechanized troops, Killing half the squad, and sending one particular poor soul a few feet from his legs

The Caspian Marine Squad fires on the window and massacres the Machinegunner, and also managed to hit a second Larrian who was hiding behind the wall, just from the sheer amount of suppressive fire

During their trigger happy moment on the late machine gunner, the Marines failed to notice a group of Larrians right in front of them The Larrians kill 3 more marines

Caspians are hit on a second flank as they encounter Volkan troops Coming from the beach

The Caspian Troopers fire back, killing a single Volk Soldier

Turn 3
More Larrians emerge from the trainyard firing at the Marines, hitting nothing but the Caspian APC

The Armadillo fires a burst at the group, Killing some and scattering the others

Caspian Army troopers move up to the barricade left by the locals, along with a Jaguar Tank, The Jaguar fires on the Volk's APC

The Jaguar scores a direct hit, knocking the APC out of commission, making the Volkan pilot wish he had capitalized earlier when firing on those masses of troops, Now he burns to death in the smouldering wreck

Volkan soldiers push the flank and take down more Caspian Army Troops,

Meanwhile a Volkan Tank killer team fires down the road from the APC wreck

The tank is hit multiple times, bursts into flames killing all inside and the turret crushes a Caspian Soldier unfortunate enough to be next to it

Caspian Soldiers still alive from the missile attack fire back on the Tank Killers, Killing two of them as well as a Volkan Infantryman

Turn 4
A Larrian fighter clambers on top of the hill and plants a charge at the base of the sign

Unfortunatley he failed his roll to jump off the hill in time and is blown away by the explosion

All is not lost however, the City 17 Sign falls and crushes the remaining Marines

The Armadillo fires another burst at a group of Larrian fighters out in the open

Meanwhile at the skirmish behind the ugly blue house, A Volkan Soldier pops a Caspian Sergeant's head with his Heavy rifle

Another Squad of Caspian Army Troops advance on the Volk with the intent to finish the "little stalemate"

A Volkan Infantryman is killed from a Caspian Machinegun burst

Turn 5
After taking Heavy Casualties. The remaining Larrians flock to the Apartment building in an attempt at setting a defensive hardpoint

The surviors of the First Mechanized Infantry Team pile in the Lynx and bowl through a few flimbsy walls, attempting to flank the Volk

More Volkan Troops are gunned down from Caspian fire down the road

Volkans return fire and kill a Caspian Sergeant and an Infantryman

Larrians fire on the Troops in the back of the Lynx but miss completley

Caspian Troops turn up the heat and take down 4 Volk troops in a massive firefight behind the ugly blue house

Volkan Vorschlaghammer fires at the Lynx...

...And misses, but succeeds in blowing a sizeable hole in the Larrian's Safehouse, No one is killed that wasn't already dead

The Mechanized Troops bail out of the Lynx, fearing they won't get lucky like that again...

Turn 6
... And are both shot dead by Larrians in the damaged building

The Armadillo Opens up again on the building, Wrecking part of the wall, killing one Fighter and sending the other running

Volk troops make a push down the main Road

Volkans Kill a group of Caspian Troops at the Barricade

And Suffer a Casualty as the Caspians return Fire

KILL COUNTS
Larrian Systems Alliance 10
Caspian Federation 23
Volkan Democratic Republic 11

That's all for now, Battery needs to be recharged, Going to be making a trip to the toy store for shits, need to get a new set for something to do, and keep my mind off things, just got a call that one of my pets needs to be put to sleep, so I don't really feel like continuing right now, as I said Battery's dead anyway.

Anyway, To be continued
Last edited by Kastrenzo on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Re: Final Battle of City 17

Post by RunsWithLegos » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:59 pm

Oh man! this is an amazing fight! you are my new favorite battle reporter. but the volkan's intro pic is not right,, it shows the caspians again.

and that sucks about your dog man :c

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:10 pm

This is epic. I would have loved to partake in this glorious conflict. :guinness:

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:27 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:Oh man! this is an amazing fight! you are my new favorite battle reporter. but the volkan's intro pic is not right,, it shows the caspians again.

and that sucks about your dog man :c
I'll fix that

And it was my grandmother's cult, I'd jump off a cliff if something happened to my mutt.

Anyway got two new sets for shits and giggles, the Star Wars Republic Swamp Speeder and a Creator House,

tymon555
Officer

Post by tymon555 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:49 pm

:sparta:
Oh, He's here.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Post by RagnarokRose » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:24 pm

This is the quintessential essence of a Brikwar, mate. Welcome to the forums.
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:09 pm

Anyway got two new sets for shits and giggles, the Star Wars Republic Swamp Speeder and a Creator House
Nice haul.

Xenoman
Nice Dubs

Post by Xenoman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:32 pm

This... this is awesome. Good job, mate, I love the color schemes you've used for each faction. Will definitely be watching for more of this.

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 pm

TURN 7

What Remains of the Larrians try to head toward the Volk deployment zone in hopes of finding a good ambush site

The Massive Firefight on the Street continues, Caspian Infantry are pushed forward into the fray, Taking down a few Volkan Troopers

... And losing a few in the process

The Volkans begin moving more Reserve Fireteams and Squads forward, Many are headed to the primary engagement on the street ahead

A Volkan Squad succeds in hammering a Caspian Infantry squad, few Caspians from this particular squad survived the firefight

However Remnants of a different squad were still in the area, killing two Volkan Soldiers in the ensuing Counterattack

TURN 8
The Larrians continued moving toward the beach until they stumbled upon the Caspian Lynx Truck still operational, the driver saw the enemies in his mirrors, and recklessly throws his vehicle in reverse and guns it, Two Larrians are Unable to get out of the way in time and are crushed

The Lynx slams into the wall Pinning a third Larrian and killing him, the impact disabled the vehicle and the Driver is killed by the remaining Larrians, he is awarded An hero prize.

More Volkan Reinforcements flood into the meat grinder, this squad lays suppressive fire on a Caspian squad in cover near the ugly blue house

... And what is left of the squad loses the firefight entirley, all 3 are killed

A Lone Caspian pops a Volkan Soldier's head with his Heavy rifle, while a fallen comrade of his dies while holding his innards in his hands

KILL COUNTS
Larrian Systems Alliance 10 *No New Kills*
Caspian Federation 31 *+8 Since last update*
Volkan Democratic Republic 18 *+7 Since last update*

That's it for tonight, I didn't realize until now that i've been awake for like 26 straight hours, Tommorow this battle should be resolved. I may have a second tommorow, featuring the Protoxans and Kamazians beating on each other. Also incase you werent aware, My thread in the Armory Introduced my 6 Factions, although the Larrians *Green guys* were not yet introduced.

Until Next time...

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:34 am

The Larrians Continue their Retreat

Caspians mobilize more infantry and push them toward the front lines...

...And send a Squad to hit the Volkan Flank

The Flank Attack is successful, Caspian soldiers kill 3 Volk Soldiers on the frontline

...Until a Volkan Missile is fired at them, Demolishing the building and killing 2 Caspians

Now the Volkans push their forces into the frontline, the Vorschlaghammer Tank fires at the Caspian APC downrange...

The Round goes clean through the windscreen of the APC, Killing the pilot and blowing out the back hatch, amazingly doing minimal structural damage, but knocking it out, the back end of the APC crushes an Unsuspecting Mechanized Trooper

Caspian Soldiers fire back at Volkans on the line in response to the Tank Attack

Kill Counts *Total Kills is in Bold*
Larrian Systems Alliance No New Kills *This Faction is practically Screwed, It never had a chance in conventional Warfare anyway* 10
Caspian Federation + 5 = 36
Volkan Democratic Republic + 4 = 22

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:00 am

this is one of the best city fights I have ever seen :D

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:19 pm

Considering the City looks like Ass,

After this battle is done, Im going to be tearing the buildings out, rearranging the ones that are still intact, possibly changing the road structure. And building a new City. It will take some time though because I've decided to make each building a single color, or at least matching colors. None of this random brick building like the 2 story apartment

Theres been a bit of a delay because I took some time off to build the Caspian Predator tank. The first version I built on the table and I had to cannibalize a few walls from the battlefield, mostly just in the train station, the Larrians are out of there anyway. I also had to take apart the Lynx, but it was destroyed aswell. And it looked dumb anyway.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:51 pm

the ass-looking benefited a war torn city IMO

Kastrenzo

Post by Kastrenzo » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:49 am

A mysterious "Hand of God" Came down and swept the world Clean of all fig life. Some beileve it was actually a Series of Underground Nuclear Reactors that had been Installed by the Caspians, but Poorly Maintained by the Larrians for the last 8 years, they simultaenously exploded and City 17 is nothing but a Crater now

*Actually I just got tired of this town, I had been stocking up on buildings and I wanted to get the construction underway, the next map will be basically the same terrain, just more Urban. It will be a Kamazian world*

Basically every time I make a map, I think of the Warhammer Dawn of War games, they all had some planet or group of planets that for one reason or another, every faction in the galaxy was fighting over. It won't look much different from the last, other than a Kamazian Military base and some Structures around the city, it will also be less war torn. And All buildings will have detatchable rooftops

This battle is effectivley over, Sorry for the abrupt ending! keep checking this forum for more engagements in the Brikrigton Crisis

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:32 am

aww! darn...

I can't wait for the next one :twisted: