Bipods

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Postby dilanski » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Instead of the weapon being treated as SL2, how about a skill bonus to targeting a mini-figs head, and treating the target as SL1/4 with armor 2 (or countering armor bonus from helmets and going with 4).

The normal roll needed to hit a figures head is 5+, this could be reduced to 4+ with a +1 bonus to skill and any attack roll over a critical failure would result in a cloud of gory plastic innards.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Why just a skill boost to headshots?
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby dilanski » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:46 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Why just a skill boost to headshots?

Could be applied to anything really, but I picked headshots for simplicity. A bipod helps with aim but only to a certain degree, that's why I thought applying it in that certain aspect of bonuses was better than giving just a blanket bonus to everything.
ImageImageImage
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain & Subjugated Ireland

Postby Porphyrogenitus » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Would not the simplest implementation be simply to double the accuracy bonus for not moving (which is essentially an aim action)? Bipods essentially just stabilize a weapon, making it easier to aim with, so it ought to enhance the bonus you get when aiming, no?
0 Lord, save Thy people and bless Thine Inheritance. To our Rulers grant victories over the barbarians, and by Thy Cross protect Thine own Estate.
Porphyrogenitus
Officer

Location: Aurora, Indiana, United States, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Re:

Postby aoffan23 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:02 pm

IVhorseman wrote:
Hoboman wrote:This was a good post.
I would also conjecture that since it's only a skill boost, deployment should take place IMMEDIATELY, then cost a turn to retract the weapon back into a carryable form. Thoughts?

I can't say I've ever used a bipod before (or a gun for that matter), but it makes sense that having to adjust for a good firing position would take longer than just folding up the bipod and getting up.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
Pooplord

Re:

Postby IVhorseman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:27 pm

Porphyrogenitus wrote:Would not the simplest implementation be simply to double the accuracy bonus for not moving (which is essentially an aim action)? Bipods essentially just stabilize a weapon, making it easier to aim with, so it ought to enhance the bonus you get when aiming, no?

Yes, but I figure only minifigs with the gunnery training have the brains to actually use the bipods anyways.

I'm also putting together a short list of weapon mods and attachments to try and make some diversity. Finally got myself a shipment of Brikarms, and had we've been playtesting a few cool mods to the 2010 weapons for a little diversity. Gonna plop a modified version of these rules in there, so expect that soonish!
IVhorseman

Re: Bipods

Postby mgb519 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Might make it take 2" instead of a turn. Thing's that take a whole turn can disrupt game flow, to my experience-this is a penalty which should not often be incurred.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Previous

Return to The Rulebook