Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

jorgevorg
Champion
Champion

Some Rules for Star Wars Battles

Post by jorgevorg » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Salutwtions!

Recently, I have been wrapping my mind arou d writing up some Star Wars based rules for the game, as the game rules system is very modular and supports that sort of thing. So far, I have finished the basic Army Lists for the C.I.S, and Republic armies as well as a min expansion for the currently release Bounty Hunters and am nearly done with the writer on The Jedi.

If there is enough interest, I will gladly post the Star Wars conversions somewhere where people could grab it from. Additionally, I would greatly appreciate any and all advice or help in troubleshooting the rules and balancing the stats out, so if you like to help -- don't hesitate to let me know!

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Re: Some Rules for Star Wars Battles

Post by Ben-Jammin » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:11 pm

I would be more than happy to help and would love to see some star wars rules. I would also help in troubleshooting, as a lot of my brikwars involve SW units.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:28 pm

I guess I'm mod, and I like to imagine that I've got a good enough eye to notice when a rule's complicated and hard enough to remember vs. ones that are fun to play. My biggest suggestion is to stay as broad and general as possible, as well as avoiding as many "well this guy's like this guy except with +1"'s as possible.

smksensei
God of BrikWars

Post by smksensei » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:31 am

IVhorseman wrote:I guess I'm mod, and I like to imagine that I've got a good enough eye to notice when a rule's complicated and hard enough to remember vs. ones that are fun to play. My biggest suggestion is to stay as broad and general as possible, as well as avoiding as many "well this guy's like this guy except with +1"'s as possible.
I'd also love to see some basic/general stats for Lego SW Battles. We've come up with some of our own. (all just jots on index cards at present) I'd love to see what others have done!

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:15 pm

I'm with horseman on this one, probably. Do what you will if you think it's cool and will enhance game play. But at the end of the day, don't bog yourself down with SW specific "changes" just to say you have them. Brikwars is modular for a reason: so that you don't have to whole rulebooks full of individual stats for ALL your units (I'm looking at you GW). Now, whether I'm playing sci-fi or medieval or modern, I tend to use as many basic stats as possible. Reduces confusion, is less time-consuming, and less taxing on memory just to remember that one guy has one more inch of move than another guy.
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:09 pm

smksensei wrote:I'd also love to see some basic/general stats for Lego SW Battles. We've come up with some of our own. (all just jots on index cards at present) I'd love to see what others have done!
Lemme see em

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:11 am

IVhorseman wrote:Lemme see em

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:25 am

Ben-Jammin wrote:
IVhorseman wrote:Lemme see em
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

telkontar
BrikWars Legend

Post by telkontar » Mon May 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Hi all.
As far as I understand from Your old mails, there are somewhere in the net (still I can't find it) some stats and rules created by jorgevorg . I'd also love to see some basic/general stats for Lego SW Battles, and I'm also interested to expand BrikWars rules for the vehicles/spaceships fights in a mini scale. (A mini-scale of the machines in comparison to the classic sizes in BrikWars battles).

I know there is alternative "BoW" brick battle system, devoted to SW Universe, but BrikWars seems more accurate as a battle system to me.

Can anyone here help me to find these version of the rules and stats ?

TIA,
Telkontar
===
Telkontar

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue May 14, 2013 12:18 pm

jeorgevorge went MIA a while ago.

telkontar
BrikWars Legend

Post by telkontar » Tue May 14, 2013 6:09 pm

jeorgevorge went MIA a while ago.
I see, pity, THX for the answer.
But did anyone of You got his copy of the SW rules or stats in files (if so, may I get them on PW?) or is it impossible to find these files anywhere?
===
Telkontar

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed May 15, 2013 1:40 am

smksensei wrote:(all just jots on index cards at present)
means there's probably no files. Sorry dude, but as consolation, regular brikwars stats do convert pretty nicely. You could make lightsabers function as heroic weapons and give jedi/sith a d6 or two as supernatural dice representing force powers.

Vason
Hero

Post by Vason » Wed May 15, 2013 2:08 pm

I've been using vanilla Brikwars rules for the Star Wars stuff that I have, with the exception of making Lightsabers slightly better(able to Armored Parry against ranged attacks) and more expensive than Heavy weapons. Supernatural Dice work very well for Force powers, specialized training, and equipment enhancements. Was there something you were wanting to do that isn't in the rules?