Atomic Highway!

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

mgb519
My Little Pony

Re: Atomic Highway!

Post by mgb519 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:12 am

Realizing that arguing would get me nowhere, I pick up the minigun and follow. Sam sure as hell better open the door for me.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:40 am

You've been typing in English, so I presumed you were speaking English. I am more or less fluent in Spanish, but I figure this bar sees enough travelers (especially with the waves of immigrants into Cuba lately) that the people who work there have at least rudimentary English skills.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:50 pm

I recognize Spanish when I hear/read it, but that's it. But I picture Sam's native language to be Spanish, so that is something we have to work around. In the bartertowns he picked up enough English to negotiate his way.
We could use seperate colors for different languages, if it should become important.

+++++

Of course Sam holds the door open. "So, what did it look like? The boat. Was he rich? The merchant?"
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:20 pm

"It wasn't too shabby. Long due for some maintenance, perhaps, but still a nice boat. The captain was a good man...it's a shame that he died. I don't know the contents of the cargo-the merchant didn't want anyone getting a look at it, but judging from the way he acted it was probably worth a lot. He seemed to be insistent on low profile, but if he'd wanted he probably could have gotten a nicer crew."
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Sneak out and follow them.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:05 am

You know, I could have sworn I had typed this up days ago.

The mismatched party(silver is there too, let's just say he felt like going with you two to look for work) strides through the town in something very much like unison. The streets were once paved, and now have bits of cobbled stone laid out where the concrete and asphalt had chipped away. The town is busy enough at this hour, with many townsfolk making their way to their jobs. Most are on foot, but some have horses or bicycles(one is wooden and seems to be of new make!), and you can just barely hear the stuttering of an automobile amidst whinneys, foghorns, and the general noise of a Bartertown.

You pass a saddle-maker, a tannery, and some sort of factory, spewing foul black smoke into the air from an enormous square brick chimney, and quite a few houses. The buildings are ramshackle affairs, mismatched wood and stone next to plastic tarps, with cracked plexiglas windows. You feel as if you are being watched.

Alright, that's enough wall of text for a little while. You should reach the town wall very soon, go ahead and small talk or try to notice lawmaster or w/e

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:00 am

"Do tus guys hear that? I think we're being followed."

Adder continues along, looking for the man following us.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:44 pm

"So you want to go after the raiders who kicked your ass? You must be either very brave or very stupid, cowboy! Maybe we can look for the remains of your ship and see if there is anything left."

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Continue following and stay in the crowd to avoid being seen.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:02 pm

"It's easy to spot a ship in the middle of the ocean. We were fucked the moment they saw us. But they were set up in a valley, surrounded by hills. So if we sweep in from those hills, we'll have em on the ropes."

He looks behind as Adder mentions someone. Try to spot Lucas.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:32 pm

"Did we take the wrong turn? This street seems to go on forever."

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:37 pm

knolli wrote:"Did we take the wrong turn? This street seems to go on forever."
:ftw:

Doing the LP at the moment, hold on mate.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:15 pm

Alright, this is how it is going to work from now on-

I will update every Wednesday and Sunday. I will hold to this agreement if you all post at least once between those times.

This is for the best, it will keep us at a steady, regular pace and also give me plenty of time to prepare things.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:05 pm

NOTICE: Today is Wednesday. That is all.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:31 pm

MGB- the way the V6 Engine works, you guys will have to roll and modify results on your own. I am trusting you not to cheat.

To do something in Atomic Highway you must-
1. Figure out what you want to do. (in your case, find someone that is hiding)
2. Apply the appropriate attribute (in your case, Senses, of which you have 2.)
3. Roll Xd6 (two, in your case. For each 6, roll another die. Keep doing this until you run out of 6's.)
4. Apply skill modifiers from appropriate skill (In your case, Notice 1. This means you can add one point to either of the two dice you are rolling.You can neither reroll bumped-up 6s to gain more Successes, nor bump up rerolls that are a result of natural 6s. )
5. If the result is contested, the other player or NPC will make opposing checks. (law master, that means you would want to do a Nimbleness+Stealth check)

Silverdream, you would probably also want to make the same check. Place your dice rolls in #40BF80 so as to make it easier for everyone to see, since Brikwars forums don't have dice rollers.

You walk through the town center, a large paved circular area that is currently empty, a mostly intact truck trailer blocking the only entrance. A crudely-painted sign informs you that the marketplace is currently closed.

As per the barkeep's instructions, you hang a left after you pass it and make your way to the town wall. It is composed of tires, cinder blocks, and fallen logs, arranged in a haphazard fashion, forming a solid barrier almost ten meters high. A rusty ladder is precariously attached to the wall by a pair of bolts, and a man at the top turns to look at you.

His skin is tanned and covered in soot, much like his clothes. He wears a shabby grey uniform, with a red scarf around his arm and a red baseball cap on his head. He is young, and his brown eyes quickly glance over all of you, his gaze ending on Raze, where it is firmly affixed to his weapon.

Trying to disguise his displeasure, he attempts a cheerful wave.

"Hello, citizens! How may the Guard help you today?"

Knolli, what Sam is carrying (well, making Rade carry) is an RPD. A minigun would be a little too powerful for a Medium Machinegun, and something like an RPD would be relatively common in pre-apocalypse Cuba.