Atomic Highway!

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: Atomic Highway!

Post by Silverdream » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:11 pm

I continue to go along with the others. I understand that the guards need the better guns, it will give us more prestige when we kill them. I do not intervene in this argument.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:16 pm

The guardsmen stop talking, and raise their weapons at the intruder. Once it is clear he means no immediate harm, the lead guardsman mumbles a "Lo Siento" and continues the negotiations. Geraldo agrees to an exchange of goods, for the benefit of Cayo Mambi. Geraldo motions for one of his troops to guard the section of wall he was watching, and has his english-speaking interpreter take the RPD from Rade.

Geraldo leads you a short distance to a moderately sized shack, perhaps ten feet by twelve. It is built from roughly-nailed together bits of driftwood, and the smell of gun oil and salt water pervades your nostrils. The walls of the shack are filled with weapons, placed together amongst whatever sundry racks and shelves the town could produce. Two men sit on folding chairs in opposite corners of the room. One is fletching arrows, the other hard at work on a reloading press.

The guardsmen's stocks contain:

Six not-very-lethal bludgeons, an instrument carried by every guardsman. Two are old police batons, four are weighted bits of wood with duct tape for handles.

A baseball bat wrapped with barbed wire.

An entire crate of rusty machetes and knives lies against one corner, ever useful.

Along one wall lie twelve crossbows of varying size. All are painted in a brilliant orange color.

A Ruger Single Ten revolver, in almost perfect condition. The ammunition for it is as plentiful as ammunition comes these days, although even in it's days of glory it wasn't good for much other than squirrels and plinking.

Three 1911 pistols with the blueing worn off.

Eight Makarov models in varying condition. One boasts fading gilt among crumbling construction. It is a proud fool who would wield this weapon.

A trio of generic hunting rifles, all firing .22LR. Accurate and reliable, their ammunition pile is likely enough to last a lifetime. One has it's barrel replaced with a shining piece of stainless steel piping.

Four Mosin Nagants, their bolts weary with the passage of time.

A single SKS carbine, held together by little more than duct tape and a sense of duty.

A double barrel shotgun of unknown make. It is ravaged by time, but the classic design has endured. It seems to fire 12 gauge shells.

An AKM assault rifle. The fake wood grain has left the furniture of the rifle, leaving it an ugly, white color to contrast with the rifle's brown rusting steel.

A octagonal red stop sign welded to a crude handle. "PARE", chipped white paint proclaims to the world.

Two suits of padded armor, stitched together from gaudy bits of cloth. They would provide a degree of protection, and warmth. It is a shame they make the wearer look like Tuuti Frutti ice cream.

Several grey uniforms with matching caps, red cloth around the arms. One of them appears to possess a kevlar vest and has a red cap.

The stockhouse also possesses a small number of military rations, three ancient grenades, and sufficient ammunition for most of the weapons it contains.It would be well to remember that this is the armory for the town's entire pseudo-military, and most of the things here will be grudgingly relinquished if at all.

"We also have a small stable of horses, a few boats, and three battlecars, although you'll need considerably more if you wish to barter for those."
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:56 pm

"Sam, ask how much for the Mosin-Nagants and a reasonable supply of rounds. They're aged, but they're still good firepower. Hopefully we can get some sort of replacement parts as well, but you'd best ask about that."
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:47 pm

"I'll take ammunition for my hunting rifle as well."
Image lol j/k

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Silverdream wrote:"I'll take ammunition for my hunting rifle as well."
Your rifle happens to also be a Mosin, btw.

The Mosin's all fire 7.62x54mmR, which is also the ammunition used by the PKM( a soviet machine gun that is different from the one you have), Winchester Model 1895, and a bunch of russian guns.

Sawn-off Nagants are also a thing (they are usually referred to as Obrez, Russian for sawn-off), just in case one of you feel like having a ludicrously powerful if inaccurate bolt-action pistol.

The Mosin Nagant is really just a classic design that has incredible durability and general handy-ness. You can pick one up today at your local gun store for like $150 and have a gun that will work for your whole life, although it'll never be a precision shooter.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:06 pm

Precise enough, I hope.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:16 pm

10L damage, Distant range shooting, accuracy based off of Nimbleness/Shoot. Five round ammo capacity, and takes one action to reload.

Do note that your equipment can and will fail whenever I feel it is most appropriate. Taking care of your guns will alleviate this to some degree.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:39 am

"Okay Mr. Cowboy, I'll try to get the rifle for you. But remember that it is MY RPD I offer up. So you owe me a favor. Remember that!" I turn to the half nacked guy in leather outfit, aka Silver: "And who are you? Whatever you want, talk to Geraldo and bargain your own deal." To the guards: "Gerlado, I don't know this man. Whatever he wants has nothing to do with me. Now let's talk business: I'd like to have that rifle there (pointing to the Mosin-Nagants) and as two packs of ammo. I could also use some bolts for my crossbow. And the rations don't look to bad either."
Understanding 3, rolled 6,4,3 and 4. 2 points in Persuade gives me 2 successes
If he demands more I'm willing to throw in some other stuff from the wreckage. A lockable toolbox for example. But not both. I want to keep the 2nd one for my scavenging tools.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:51 am

"Yes, I don't believe I've met you guys. The name's Adder, emissary for the Tribe of Force. I'll trade you this winter gear for more ammunition, they make great blankets."
Image lol j/k

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:59 pm

Where is the post?
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Remain outside of the building on a side without a door as to avoid being seen.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:50 pm

I was expecting you guys to react somehow to Silver's introduction. I guess you guys just stare blankly at him for three days.

knolli
Dimmy

Post by knolli » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:29 am

I don't stare blankly at Silver/Adder. I ignore him. As I said, I have nothing to do with this stranger as long as he doesn't meddle with my affairs. Don't expect me to go all: "Oh, you seem trustworthy. Wanna join our group?"
Instead I wait patientliy for Geraldo's reaction to my offer. He doesn't seem surprised by a strange guy POPPING UP IN HIS ARMORY UNINVITED, either.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:30 am

Well Adder did follow you guys, Geraldo just presumed he was another of the crazy white men led by a child carrying ludicrous guns.

"Thank you for enlightening me. Guardsmen?"

The two other guardsmen in the armory drop their work and leap for weapons, training a crossbow and Glock at Adder's mostly bare chest.

"Thank you. We'll finish up this business, and as soon as these two men are out of our armory we can deal with the savage."
Understanding 2, rolled 2, 6, 4, Persuade 2 gives me 2 successes.

Geraldo nods and takes a beaten-up Nagant off the shelf it is stored on, and slowly counts out fifteen rounds of rusty, steel-cased 7.62x54mmR, before placing them into a moldy small cardboard box.
"Trece... catorce... quince... Oye! Donde es los presillas?"
The crossbowman points towards a crate.
"Hay."

He digs through the crate for a while before handing you a stripper clip (for those of you uneducated in the ways of old guns, most of them have internal magazines, which are loaded by either individually placing the cartridges into a slot designed for such, or by sliding the cartridges into a thin, pliable clip, which is then quickly jammed into and out of the slot, for speedier reloads.), and also motions for the fletcher to put ten crossbow bolts in a little balsa wood case, which he places on the floor in front of him and kicks over to Gerado before returning his spare hand to the crossbow.

"Now, pre-war food... that's a bit of a delicacy, don't you agree? I don't think my boys would take very kindly to giving those up. Gives us a lot of peace-of-mind, knowing we've got a day or two of food left after everything else in this place rots."

Geraldo spits and mutters under his breath.

"Except the fucking rats."

He regains his composure and looks the two of you over.

"Those are some pretty neat toolboxes you've got there, kid. We've been looking for something like that, tough containers aren't too easy to get out here. I'll give you a machete for it, if you're ever planning on going off the roads you'll need one."

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:21 pm

"Sam, ask him if he's got any maintenance supplies to spare. If my pa taught me anything, it was 'if you take care of your gun, it'll take care of you.' At the very least, I need some sort of gun oil."
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.