Skill, hero's and more help!

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:50 am

Play solo with the vehicles, that's all i can tell you.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone
My official post number 1000 was "The whole battle?"

Orange yoshi
Champion
Champion

Post by Orange yoshi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:53 am

you mean only have one for each, or just what?

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:07 am

No, play battles you vs. you to train your skills.
"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, that you can with just a kind word." - Al Capone

Orange yoshi
Champion
Champion

Post by Orange yoshi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:24 am

oh, well it's not that, it's that my bro has his mind set on winning! not fun like this game is made, and i understande most of the game (besides vehcals)

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:27 am

oww then you shouldn't play with him if he does that or you should make rules that you guys only play for fun not winning and you can always play solo
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Orange yoshi
Champion
Champion

Post by Orange yoshi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:28 am

any of you guys play warhammer?

pesgores
The Dear Leader

Post by pesgores » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:55 am

Orange yoshi wrote:any of you guys play warhammer?
No and i won't reply to that.

Make some objectives, like, to win, you must enter your foe's palace and retrieve a jewel undamaged. If you bomb it to hell, the one who did it looses.

How about that idea, huh?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:34 pm

i really recommend that if you're confused, to just do teams of five minifigs and go at it. figure out more complicated stuff later (but it really isn't that hard once you figure it out).

Orange yoshi
Champion
Champion

Post by Orange yoshi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:11 pm

well i played solo, m-tron vs. storm troopers! m-tron won with 3 down (2 of which became red shirts) and with my hero still alive, i will put it up so maybe... and for armor um, could some one explain what it is for a regular minifig, cause it says 2d6 in the front, but then it say just 4 on a card, what up?

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:14 pm

standard minifigs have an armor of 1d6, which is averaged to 4.

heroes have 2d6, which is never averaged.

most units have a certain die level of armor, and only the very very VERY common units are ever averaged. which is just minifigs.

Orange yoshi
Champion
Champion

Post by Orange yoshi » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:29 pm

ok thanks, that got me confuzed

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:52 am

Guys, we need to just stop helping him and let him play. Long before I joined these forums, I found Brikwars. I's a uber-geek, so I printed out the 2001 rulebook and put it in a binder. I was kind of confused about skill and stuff. Then I found this on the website:
Close Combat Example: Yoko vs. Dan

Elements shown: LEGO
Example: Tired of the constant abuse, Yoko grabs her katana and attacks her boyfriend Dan in the kitchen. Both have Skill:1d6 and Armor:4. Yoko's sword is long enough to count as a Heavy Weapon (Use:4 Dmg:1d6+2). Dan's knife is a Hand Weapon (Use:2 Dmg:1d6), and his frying pan is a Random Object (Use:3 Dmg:1d6-2).

Yoko's turn: Yoko attacks,
Dan parries and ripostes
Yoko's turn:
Yoko attacks with the sword, initiating Close Combat. The sword is much longer than Dan's knife, but Dan's Angry Inch puts her just barely in range for his return strike. Dan declares a Parry and Riposte.
Yoko rolls her Skill against the sword's Use of 4; she hits with a roll of 4. She rolls a 3 on the Damage die, for 5 Damage total (Dmg:1d6+2) - enough to kill Dan outright, if his Parry fails.

Dan desperately parries with the frying pan. His Skill and Damage rolls are at -1 because he is attempting to Parry and Counterattack at the same time. The Use rating of his frying pan is only 3, but he also needs to beat Yoko's Attack Roll of 4 for the Parry to succeed. He rolls a 4 for Skill (roll of 5 minus 1), precisely matching Yoko's roll; his Parry connects. With the frying pan's Damage of 1d6-2, minus an additional 1 for the Parry and Riposte, his next die roll of 4 is reduced to a single point of Parrying Damage. The Parrying point reduces the damage from Yoko's sword from 5 to 4 - Dan manages to survive, but just barely.

Dan completes his Riposte by leaping forward an Angry Inch and attacking with the knife. He rolls a 2 for Skill, which would normally be just enough for a successful knife attack, but the -1 Skill penalty from the Parry and Riposte causes the attack to miss.

Dan's turn: Dan attacks,
Yoko counterattacks
Dan's turn:
With Close Combat already engaged, Dan attacks with both weapons. He attacks first with the knife, since it's more likely to score an immediate kill. Yoko declares that she'll respond with a Counterattack (if she survives, and with profuse bleeding otherwise). Dan rolls another 2 for Skill, but without the earlier penalty, this time it's good enough for a hit. He rolls a 3 for Damage. Yoko survives, but by a narrow margin - Dan only needs to do two more points of damage with his follow-up frying pan attack for the cumulative total to be enough to kill her.

Yoko Counterattacks with the sword. She rolls a 6 for Skill - a critical hit! She elects to forego rolling any Bonus Dice since the roll has already succeeded. For Damage she rolls a 6 (roll of 4 plus 2 on Dmg:1d6+2). Dan is killed; he has no chance to make his second attack with the frying pan. Dan's player casts the minifig's head away from the body and sprinkles the area with red bricks for blood. Players will then have to decide on an appropriate Use rating for Yoko's subsequent attempts to get her friends to help hide the body.
Here's the URL if you want pics, just scroll down a bit: http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2005/5.htm

READ IT YOSHI! It's the example that started it all. After that, I wasn't confused anymore, and proceeded to memorize the entirety of the 2001 rules. Much later, after many dead fish, I joined these forums. Now that's ALL the help I'm going to give you Yosh, just figure it out for yourself bub!
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:45 am

Orange yoshi wrote:well i played solo, m-tron vs. storm troopers! m-tron won with 3 down (2 of which became red shirts) and with my hero still alive, i will put it up so maybe... and for armor um, could some one explain what it is for a regular minifig, cause it says 2d6 in the front, but then it say just 4 on a card, what up?
no no no the quick wars rules say that a minifig has a armor rating of 2D6 but if you are going to play the normal game the armor for a minifig is 4, you see quick wars is a bit different thenn brik wras its a more simple and faster way to play brikwars.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.