Chariot Racing: A new form of play.

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Safor
Battlefield General

Chariot Racing: A new form of play.

Post by Safor » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Chariot Racing. The Romans used to do it, and it was violent, so what would happen if you mixed it with BrikWars? Well, my friends and I tried, and it got chaotic. I wish I had some pictures, but unfortunately my batteries weren't charged when I did this, so I had to pass. Basically, one of my friends had a dragon (So did another, but two horses helped it.) which burnt have my troops and I had crossbows lined up on each side as I was being boarded/jumped on and had to keep shoving them off. We had an army as an obstacle that we had to bolt past, making getting out without losing 3 mini-figs impossible. Well, before this become a battle topic, and to make a "long story" short, what do you think it would be like with dozens of players and chariots battling to the finish line?

BTW two of us (I was one of them) had to escape on foot across the fields to wind after the loss of 2 chariots to one player. That shows you it more of a war than a race.

ace121
Cannon Fodder

Post by ace121 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:57 pm

Seems pretty epic. I've done a lot of post apocalyptic road battles in a similar fashion. Needless to say, only one vehicle actually finishes. If we're lucky.

"I am Aceman, bringer of quote"

superdave
Hero

Post by superdave » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:06 am

NELUG, I think, had rules for a "NASCAR-gone-bad" sort of deathrace. Ah, here it is: NASKART.

Seems like it could be adapted to chariot racing.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Dr. X » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:07 am

DEATHRACES PWN!! I had one once, but then I was hungry.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:02 pm

MNGG could never pull that off as we are to intent on destroying eachothers stuff to even think about objectives. It would be like go kill everyone and then whoever won that battle just goes around to complete the objective. SUCKS

Shaeph
Cannon Fodder

Post by Shaeph » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:44 pm

Can you do this without a track because i'm to lazy to make one and would love to have a race/brikwars
Spend each day as if it were your last.
------------------------------------------------------
"Weekends don't count unless you do something completely pointless." - Calvin

Safor
Battlefield General

Post by Safor » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:18 pm

Can you do this without a track because i'm to lazy to make one and would love to have a race/brikwars
Ya, I guess. If you had some masking tape or something you could at least have borders. You don't need terrain to do this.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:57 am

I had this idea onec to but you shouldn't have two teams with multiple chariots you shoiuld have about a dozen of chariots ech fightin and racing for its self this way you get way more chaos and also each chariot should have two people on it one that shoots and stuff and the other one riding and doing melee combat with one hand or so atleast with 2 its more fujn.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Safor
Battlefield General

Post by Safor » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:44 am

I had this idea onec to but you shouldn't have two teams with multiple chariots you shoiuld have about a dozen of chariots ech fightin and racing for its self this way you get way more chaos and also each chariot should have two people on it one that shoots and stuff and the other one riding and doing melee combat with one hand or so atleast with 2 its more fujn.
You mean two PLAYERS on a Chariot? Or 2 mini-figs? I mean, when I did it, we stocked the chariots with at most seven figs each.