Forces of the Tharaskian Wars

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Re: feces of the Tharaskian Wars

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:47 pm

IVhorseman wrote:So it'll be different colors. whatever.
Well here's one example... I think he used windows to make those bays the armored diving helmets are kept in...
I don't know how much of these models would have to be redesigned in a buyable palette
IVhorseman wrote:It's always great to see some naval prowess on the forums! Everyone loves doing battles in space, but why can't futuristic ultraviolence occur underwater and on the beaches? I once had a mech designed for underwater/shoreline combat, but I didn't really like it much. If I'd thought of attaching a propeller backpack like you did though, I may have changed my mind!
Indeed, it would be good to see more maritime förces.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:25 pm

most exelent indeed! great work

and
Hey IV, have you seen my SHIP?

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:33 pm

Amphibious mechs are kickass! You don't see those very often. Actually, the only time I think I've ever seen those was in Empire Earth. Seeing a squad of those rising out of the water and stomping towards the beach would be very imposing! Futuristic D-Day, anyone?

The ship and mech are both beautiful. Good luck making them real. A small attack helicopter would be a good alternate cargo for the ship, as well.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:10 am

The big rainbow thing? Yeah. Isn't that a spaceshit though?

Skutan
Battlefield General

Post by Skutan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:45 am

@Whiteagle:

Yes I know the Moc won't be buildable since many of the bricks I use aren't even produced anymore and many nevere existed in the colors I used. It doesn't matter much to me though as I just enjoy the big freedom you have when building in LDD not having to feel limited by my collection of bricks.

Regarding your question of what version I use it is the latest (4.5?) but i use it in LDD Extended mode with the true-color plug-in. Giving access to loads of new bricks aswell as a whole bunch of colors that aren't produced anymore.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:36 am

Fantastic!
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:53 am

Brilliant stuff.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:49 am

Skutan wrote:@Whiteagle:

Yes I know the Moc won't be buildable since many of the bricks I use aren't even produced anymore and many nevere existed in the colors I used. It doesn't matter much to me though as I just enjoy the big freedom you have when building in LDD not having to feel limited by my collection of bricks.

Regarding your question of what version I use it is the latest (4.5?) but i use it in LDD Extended mode with the true-color plug-in. Giving access to loads of new bricks aswell as a whole bunch of colors that aren't produced anymore.
Uh, Skutan... you might not want to be posting this stuff under the Armory then...

Thing is, people around here aren't very open to LDD to begin with, and this section of the forums is for Brikwar armies.
As such, they kind of expect you to actually build the things you post here someday.

That's why I've gotten back into the habit of using the regular LDD mode as well as going to Bricklink with piece numbers to double check.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Iv: no, you maybe thinking of the rainbow boxy, but the Battle ship i recently showed off here :http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... =17&t=8862 is a water bourn ship.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:46 pm

ah, see yeah I thought that thing was a starcruiser this whole time.

Skutan
Battlefield General

Post by Skutan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks for all the great feedback!

I've spent this evening working on what I atm call the Aquatian League Shreder but the name might change before I get done...

However as a Teaser I've created some minifigs of the Aquatian League:

Aquatian League Minifigs

The Aquatian League is a relatively young nation, barley a hundread years old. It consists of a number of under-surface city states all joined together under a common leadership and a shared agenda. Populants of the Aquatian League city states have adopted to the harsh conditions of under water life by using a heavy extent of gene-manipulation and cybernetic implants. Also this in combination with life far away from the sun gives them their distinguished skin-tone,

Tecnologically the Aquatian League is ahead of the other nations in most areas but they do however suffer from a relatively small population which somewhat halters their ability to influence global politics.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:45 pm

Whiteagle wrote:Thing is, people around here aren't very open to LDD to begin with, and this section of the forums is for Brikwar armies.
As such, they kind of expect you to actually build the things you post here someday.
Nah, that was mainly j+b, and he doesn't show up much anymore now that he's busy being a Marine. Nobody else really minds so much, I don't think.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:49 pm

It's totally fine by me. It's just that building something out of the box is way more challenging and fun than having all the pieces at your disposal. Obviously that allows you to build anything, but if someone challenges you for a :belushi: , you're screwed.

Skutan
Battlefield General

Post by Skutan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:30 pm

I just recently finnished the Aquatian League Heavy Attack Submersible.

This craft is a heavily armoured craft and like most vehicles of the Aquatian League it uses protective shielding-tecnology aswell. It is armed with four arms each one mounting a Heavy Lance Weapon aswell as Harpoon Launchers. Its main combat purpose is approaching enemy fleet formations from below, grabbing an enemy craft then draging it back down below the surface.

These predatory submersibles proved terribly efficient against the Pesconian navy, especially early during the war before the Pesconians adopted its naval warfare to face a navaly superior enemy.

So thats it for now! Not shure what I shuold build next, I still feel like building naval-themed vehicles, maybe a larger Pesconian Ship?

heavyfishcannon
Minifig

Post by heavyfishcannon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:20 pm

I don't know why, but seeing these naval armies makes me think of having a brikwar in a pool.
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"