Bricklinck problem

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Bricklinck problem

Post by Bragallot » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:28 pm

So it turns out the order I placed 9 days ago wasn't finished yet because the seller hasn't received my payment because of a mistake at the bank. I know Bricklink policy says you have to pay within 7 days, so the seller could cancel the order if he wanted to. I sent him a mail explaining the situation, but now here's the deal: what if he goes 'yeah, pay me, it's ok, it's no problem you're too late' and then after I've paid says 'you were too late, I've already cancelled the order!' Realistically, he could screw me over if he wanted to, right?
Last edited by Bragallot on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Re: Bricklinck problem

Post by Lord Mercat » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:43 pm

While he could do that, what you can then do is mark him as a non-shipping seller, which seriously damages his reputation and ability to sell on bricklink. If he is an established seller, then it really isn't worth risking that on his end. Also, this is why paying via paypal is the best option, because they can get you your money back without much of a hassle should he not send you your stuff, with a bank it's a bit harder. What I would do if you are really worried about it, is ask him to cancel the order, and then simply re-order the item, so that then your payment falls under the seven days to pay deal.

Regardless however, if the seller agrees that its okay for you to pay him late, then it still falls under bricklink's protection rules, and you would have his bricklink message or email response to prove it, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:44 pm

If he wants bad feedback, then he'll do that, but if you're really concerned, then cancel the order and order again.

EDIT: Looks like Mercat beat me to it and his words were better than mine. :)

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Ok, thanks for the insight. This is the first time I have problems with Bricklinck, seriously, and it's not even my fault. So basically what you guys are saying is I should either

- Cancel the order (how? just send him an e-mail? I'd get iffy if I was the seller, and iffy sellers are bad) and resubmit it.

- At least wait for a reply from the dude as evidence before re-initiating payment.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Make sure to document everything that happens and save it to your computer in case you need to use it as evidence later. From similar experiences on Ebay, there's probably some amount of money ($200 in Ebay's case) that you are ensured for and anything else is up to the two of you and possibly lawyers if you're bidding over some sort of priceless artifact or whatever.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:37 am

Just E-mail the guy and talk to him. Not EVERYBODY on the internet is an asshole - all the Brickarms guys are actually really nice!

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:00 am

That's what I did. It's just a healthy habit to get all the possible information when money is involved ;)

I just had a good idea though: I'll just add something to the order. That way I'll be following the rules and be able to pay on time anyway.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:30 am

IVhorseman wrote:Just E-mail the guy and talk to him. Not EVERYBODY on the internet is an asshole - all the Brickarms guys are actually really nice!
True, but this is an auction site- just like Ebay, Craigslist, or Gunbroker, always assume that something shady is going on if your order doesn't show up when it should or if the seller is giving you shit- we've all gotten screwed out of a (hopefully small) sum at one point or another. You don't have to immediately grab the torches and pitchforks, but it's only reasonable to start holding on to the evidence.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:46 am

It should be okay now, apparently it was just a misunderstanding. I'm waiting for a new invoice, and when I get that, I'll have 7 more days according to Bricklink policy, or so I think, and everything will be in order. It's not that I distrust the guy - I just prefer taking some more time over taking any chances. He'll also be happy and not peeved off, because now he gets to sell more :rtfm:
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?