Killing Time (Round 7) + Aftermath

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Killing Time (Round 7) + Aftermath

Post by Bragallot » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:08 pm

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopi ... =16&t=9244

Round 7

Shadow of the Red Baron

What is this soldier doing?

He's going on a killing frenzy!

"Pedro, what got into you?!"

Fort Garrison

I so hate this part of the fight, it's boring! Again, nothing happened.

"Can't... use... the Farce... while unconscious..."

Finally some blood! The unarmed knight got a first-class execution by firing squad.

Inquistadore Shock Troops

The royal marines put a skeleton back in the grave.

Basher was attacked at range, but he shrugged off the pitiful damage rolls.

Sky Marshal Myrna

The rattling of the minigun ripped through the noise of the battle.

And so did the bullets rip through their intended targets.

Conquistadores

The last remaining Conquistadores withdrew and prepared their final stand.

Indigenous Tribes

They crawled in through the window, avoiding the undead's vile clutches.

A fight started over who could play with the shiny ion cannon control buttons.

The pup used the confusion to gain the upper hand. Amazingly, it managed to fire the ion cannon, and the sheer magnitude of the blast shook the countryside.

In space, the ion blast exploded right next to the Assyrians.

"Sir! We have to leave now! They won't miss again!"

"You're entirely right. Prepare to retreat. The Peaches will pay for feeding an entire yellow system to the undead another day!"

"That did it boys! We've driven them off!"

Wolfpack

Schwarzenegger leapt out of the hatch and took aim at the hitchhiking skeleton, Kommando-style.

He's Schwarzenegger, so the results are predictable.

"What happened to the skeleton?"

"I let him go."

Lab Specimens

Basher continues to go to town on anyone that crosses his path. What is this guy's problem?

Another Conquistador fell. A black day for their kind.

Sir Bragallot picked himself up and seemed to be taking his time to return to the fortress. You would too, after such a deep drop.

Troll spotted an item of interest...

:byzero:

OTC's rarely disappoint.

Undead menace

They swarmed the Command HQ, zombie style.

Their ranks kept swelling as they shambled towards the fortress.

Great hordes of zombies think alike.

And so did these advance, more joining their ranks with every corpse they passed.

Humans aren't the only things affected by the Peach Virus.

Undeadified Jungle Claspers skittered onto the field.

"Sir! Tactical analysis predicts the undead will have overrun this site in fifteen minutes!"

"Duke Felipe? I'm getting huge power readings from the infidel ion cannon. The infidels have already commenced self-destruction of the base; there isn't enough time to try and override their security codes. You should get clear while you can!"

"YOU WHAT?!"

"Um, it vas de only way ov keeping dem vrom our mozt zensitive viles zo no hard veelings ja?."

"Tell me something I don't! Everyone, with me! We'll have to fight our way through the ranks of the undead to get outside!"

Duke Felipe and his small band of survivors went straight through the windows, re-killing the feeble undead resistance that was trying to make it's way into the Command HQ.

But after that, they were being quickly overrun, and not even the chainstaff guards returning from their fight with Basher could change that...

Until...

One Hyena achieved what half a battalion could not.

Sir Martin Starr: "Howdy there chaps! I say, awful day for a walk, what?"

"You! But you were dead! And how did you get your Brittanian paws on one of our frames!"

"Ah, you should be delighted I'm here, ol' chap. I myself was the only one left daring enough to fly down to your salvation."

"The only one left? What does that me-?!"

"I'll indulge you later. Don't want that explosion to blow my hat off my head."

And so, the few survivors that made it left the site in a hurry, leaving the Prussians to their fates.

"Sir! There's so many fuckin' undead, we'll never fight our way out in time! And I'll never fit everyone in this cramped space! Who designed this crap anyway?"

"Dat vould haf been me, mein dear. But haf you vorgotten, I always haf an ace up my zleeve."

"Commencing extermination of delinquent bio-signatures."

"Thrusters to full."

"Extermination completed. Commence evacuation of compromised allied site."

"Get clear! Get clear!"

"It may be time for me to go as well. Mind if I borrow some of your blood, mortal?"

"URGH!"

"That's what I thought."

The Doomspear's ranged capabilities might have been destroyed, it still had the ability to drain the knight's body of blood in the blink of an eye, and allow Warhead to paint a sign with it on the floor.

When he stepped into the blood, Inferno disappeared swiftly.

Final Overwatch. Those few still fighting were oblivious to what was about to happen, and they would die too quickly to even realize it.

With a force so great the captains in space could feel it, the ion cannon the battle had been about exploded outward, the unleashed energies ravaging the countryside and leaving only a huge gaping crater the size a meteor impact would have had where Fort Waldstein once was.

The Aftermath

The Peach Virus Colonel Sharane had cast upon the Neo-Prussian Empire continued to spread across the sector, laying waste to entire cities. Though the Prussian military initially did well to protect the core worlds and systems, the tirelessness of the undead and the limits to their already hard-pressed weapons arsenal eventually broke them down and the capital fell to the swarms.

The Inquistadores, after the death of the council, were left in an even greater state of disarray now that Prince Vinambre, who had been expected to fill the power vacuum, had also died. The few remaining commanders returned home to fight amongst themselves and reshuffle the deck of power on their homeplanet.

The VoL and Brittanians quickly found any mining operation on the system was doomed to failure, as the ravenous undead hid from the light in the mines they needed to get the rich minerals from, and any squad sent to wipe them out was quickly overcome. They contemplated on burning the planets of all life and thus also destroying the resources with them, but the Immortal Emperor had their troops recalled. Though frustrated and suspecting an Immortal Plot to preserve these resources at a later stage of the war, both factions obeyed and continued their endeavors against the Anti-Immortal alliance.

And somewhere out in space, a mad Prussian scientist had survived the destruction of his world with a group of fiercely loyal followers, and is plotting his vengeance...
Last edited by Bragallot on Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Re: Killing Time (Round 7) + Aftermath

Post by Zupponn » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:15 pm

So, does this mean the Prussian Alliance is destroyed, or just the Prussians in that sector?

heavyfishcannon
Minifig

Post by heavyfishcannon » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:56 pm

Holy shit. I think I actually managed to do something... And I even survived! :D
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Did I survive?
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:11 am

Wait, Prussia is destroyed with a government in exile?
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:46 am

The Prussian Fleet remains at large, though it is unsure who and how many of them escaped. Since the retreat from the undead was quite chaotic, it's likely they've become separated. The buildings, cities and factories of New Prussia haven't suffered as much structural damage as an Immortal invasion would have caused, but they are overrun by the undead. At the very least their sacrifice made it impossible for the Immortal Alliance to claim the system and its resources for their own for the time being, and sent the Inquistadores into a similar or worse state of disarray.

@ mgb: You were dead to begin with ;)
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:32 am

I'm glad you restarted this game, that was an awesome ending.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:05 am

Yep, I don't know if you're stunned but I sure am. This fight is easily the best I've done so far, I didn't want to discontinue it at any point but I didn't have the time for it at the end of last year. 7 rounds isn't so much but then the action was winding down, the factions were separated and I preferred to end with a bang over having a couple of boring-ish rounds near the end; The amount of time it's taking to clean it up speaks for itself I think :mrgreen:
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?