Fortress Roadwatch

terraria, dwarf fortress, whatever, they're all the same damn game

Moderators: Ross_Varn, 501stCadians, dilanski

Fortress Roadwatch

Postby knolli » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Again I set out to do my own stuff. Bigger and better than what I did on the last servers. At least I hope so. It is a Fortress guarding the road from Spawnpoint to Brikhall.

An idyllic image with the setting sun.

As you can see it is still heavily Work in Progress. The main tower still needs its battlement. And the inside is quite empty. In particular I am not statisfied how the stair tower (the square one on the very left with the marble stripes) turned out. It is too, well, blocky. If you have any suggestions on the design I want to hear them.
Ross_Varn wrote:Knolli is awesome.
knolli
Dimmy

Re: Fortress Roadwatch

Postby Zupponn » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:09 pm

So that's you who built that. I was wondering where that came from.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Olothontor » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Ooh! I'm hopping on now to take a look around. Knolli's projects are always promising (and, y'know, he usually finishes them, unlike... uh... me).
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Postby 501stCadians » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:11 am

Olothontor wrote:Ooh! I'm hopping on now to take a look around. Knolli's projects are always promising (and, y'know, he usually finishes them, unlike... uh... me).

COUGHCOUGHCOUGHIGNETIUMCOUIGHCOUGHCOUGH
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Postby knolli » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:43 am

A brief update:
Wht you see from the street.

Together with Olothondor the eastern wall and towers got a major upgrade. Battlements look much better now.

The interior is still empty. I don't even know what I want to use the space for. Matt suggested a piston powered automated forge. I'd rather place that in the cave underground.

With the ornaments added the walls will become much thicker. And I am thinking of putting carpet on the floor or something like that.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby Keldoclock » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:35 pm

speaking of projects, i can't connect to Brikwars, so can one of you fine gents keep building the large flat structure that is jutting out from the winter-side of my tree? Just fill those blank spaces with jungle wood, I need a platform upon which to create the nightclub. I'll add lights next, followed by water which i can let freeze for some epic dancing.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything
Keldoclock
Pooplord

Postby knolli » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:55 am

Someone has built a road to the castle wall and made a gate there. At the totaly wrong place. I corrected this error and I ask everyone who wished to contribute to the castle to tell me in advance so that situations like that and the additional work resulting from them can be avoided.

6. I plan to make a courtyard area on the south side of the main tower surrounded by a wall with a gate there. The road will spiral its way to the hilltop clockwise. You know: medevial defence strategy, so that each attacking force using the road has to present its unprotected right flank to the archers on the walls.

7. The walls of the main and the stair tower need some beautifying. Preferably in the same style as the eastern wall.

8. Same goes for the inside. The halls are quite empty.

9. There is this cave system below the castle. It needs to be:
- closed to the outside.
- connected to the castle.
- made liveable inside. The big cave right below the main tower could be used for a lava forge, for example.
knolli
Dimmy

Postby 501stCadians » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:20 pm

knolli wrote:Someone has built a road to the castle wall and made a gate there. At the totaly wrong place. I corrected this error and I ask everyone who wished to contribute to the castle to tell me in advance so that situations like that and the additional work resulting from them can be avoided.

6. I plan to make a courtyard area on the south side of the main tower surrounded by a wall with a gate there. The road will spiral its way to the hilltop clockwise. You know: medevial defence strategy, so that each attacking force using the road has to present its unprotected right flank to the archers on the walls.

7. The walls of the main and the stair tower need some beautifying. Preferably in the same style as the eastern wall.

8. Same goes for the inside. The halls are quite empty.

9. There is this cave system below the castle. It needs to be:
- closed to the outside.
- connected to the castle.
- made liveable inside. The big cave right below the main tower could be used for a lava forge, for example.

Creepers get getting in, and people were hiding it in coming from spawn, so i made a gate quickly.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
501stCadians
Playmobil

Return to blah blah minecraft