Tommy's Battle Droid Megazord

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Tommy Oliver
Battlefield General

Tommy's Battle Droid Megazord

Post by Tommy Oliver » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:53 pm

(I hope Lego Digital Designer creations are allowed here!)

So I was fooling around with my only lego battle droid, and I thought about how cool it would be if one were to combine them into one super robot, ala Power Rangers. Using Lego Digital Designer, I decided to give it a go. These were the results.

Here it is, the most kick-ass Megazord ever. Unfortunately, as previously mentioned, I don't own enough battle droids to make a real megazord, but isn't that why we have LDD? :D

Here's a close-up on the head. For the sake of how awesome this thing is, we're going to temporarily ignore the fact that there are technically 3 heads here.

And here's the mandatory hind-view.

Unfortunately, LDD doesn't let me give a full demonstration of this bad boy's articulation, but I did manage to make him hold his gun upward as if preparing to ambush the Republic.

Lastly, here are the component droids uncombined. I like to call the ones on the far left and right "pogo droids."

So, what do you guys think?

SnakeMittens
Dimmy

Re: Tommy's Battle Droid Megazord

Post by SnakeMittens » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:52 pm

You can use the battle droid heads for fingers. Give it giant claws, maybe? Also, use the robot arms with wrists. They might work better for articulation.

heavyfishcannon
Minifig

Re: Tommy's Battle Droid Megazord

Post by heavyfishcannon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:25 pm

I like the idea behind it,but as is, if the ultimate droid looks like it can be taken out by a light breeze, I think you may have to go back to the drawing board. Although, I suppose in the star wars prequels, the component parts really are destroyed by anything more forceful than a whisper.
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"