I don't even...

You know, whatever

Moderators: Blitzen, Almighty Benny, Silent-sigfig

I don't even...

Postby Zahru II » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:17 pm

Image

My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
User avatar
Zahru II
YOU'RE GONNA KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO BE A WAIFU
 
Posts: 4808
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am
Location: Hüngäry

Re: I don't even...

Postby Zupponn » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:30 pm

Halloween could suggest paganism

Halloween has Catholic ties. Douchebags.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
make the gun larger to fit the barrel
make the gun larger to fit the barrel
 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: I don't even...

Postby Xenoman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:41 pm

As someone who celebrates Halloween passionately every year with a new costume (oftentimes costing me hundreds of dollars in materials), I can honestly say that New York City lost any future financial references from me (vacation, stays, etc).

What a joke society has become.
Image
TROLOLO
Xenoman
Hero
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:50 pm
Location: The Frozen Northlands...

Re: I don't even...

Postby Zupponn » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Image
New York after the testing system changes.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
make the gun larger to fit the barrel
make the gun larger to fit the barrel
 
Posts: 6345
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: I don't even...

Postby stubby » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Zupponn wrote:Halloween has Catholic ties. Douchebags.

So does Satanism.

I'm pretty sure the people objecting to Halloween are the same ones who object to Catholics. Namely, Protestants.
Natalya wrote:What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how banned you are.
User avatar
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia
 
Posts: 5283
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: I don't even...

Postby samuelzz10 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:53 pm

I just had to write a paper on breaking laws and racial segregation. I live in a southern state (Texas) so getting this close to the sun is very rare.
Image
Spoiler: show
my old sig
Image

WARNING: Posts in forum may have been edited by forum
User avatar
samuelzz10
n00b
n00b
 
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:09 pm
Location: planet express

Re: I don't even...

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:32 am

I always though Halloween had Celtic origins....like it was the Celtic new year or something. Although they were a pagan society until they were converted, I still don't really see anything wrong with Halloween.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Re: I don't even...

Postby Silverdream » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:58 am

Ben-Jammin wrote:I always though Halloween had Celtic origins....like it was the Celtic new year or something. Although they were a pagan society until they were converted, I still don't really see anything wrong with Halloween.


I thought it came from La Dia de los Muertos, something Spanish Catholics invented to convert Native Americans.
Image
User avatar
Silverdream
Maximus, I'm Dying
 
Posts: 8341
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: Sweating like a guy in a basketball manga

Re: I don't even...

Postby Robot Monkey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Notice how all these "banned words" are because of some religion or other. In other news, religious people are complete jerks.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Re: I don't even...

Postby Alex » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Robot Monkey wrote:Notice how all these "banned words" are because of some religion or other. In other news, religious people are complete jerks.

I don't think that's it exactly. The words divorce, disease, poverty, slavery and terrorism are also banned. Basically, it's the PC police trying to go around and keep anybody from saying anything that might possibly offend anybody, even though their doing so is a huge violation of the 1st amendment. Fuck censorship.
User avatar
Alex
Dimmy
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 11:31 am
Location: Atlanta

Re: I don't even...

Postby IVhorseman » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:I always though Halloween had Celtic origins....like it was the Celtic new year or something. Although they were a pagan society until they were converted, I still don't really see anything wrong with Halloween.


I thought it came from La Dia de los Muertos, something Spanish Catholics invented to convert Native Americans.


Turns out that Dia de los Muertos is actually a combination catholic/indigenous mexican tradition, and has nothing to do with halloween, even though it's literally the day after.

Dia de los Muertos is also All Saints day in the Catholic church. The day beforehand was the c.hristmas eve to it's c.hristmas, and was considered a holy day, when all is hallowed. So, "All-hallow's eve" eventually became "halloween" and candy became funsize. More or less.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6683
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: I don't even...

Postby stubby » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:35 pm

Alex wrote:I don't think that's it exactly. The words divorce, disease, poverty, slavery and terrorism are also banned. Basically, it's the PC police trying to go around and keep anybody from saying anything that might possibly offend anybody, even though their doing so is a huge violation of the 1st amendment. Fuck censorship.

Remember that all of this is only in reference to standardized tests, not to teaching in general. It turns out that dismaying people about specific subjects skews the results of standardized tests and makes them less accurate.

Some quick examples of how weird this all gets: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/08/opinion/08nisbett.html?pagewanted=all
Natalya wrote:What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how banned you are.
User avatar
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia
 
Posts: 5283
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: I don't even...

Postby sjosten » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:46 pm

Am I reading it wrong or did it ban the word dancing? If they did, I bet it's so they don't "offend" people in wheelchairs.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.
User avatar
sjosten
Minifig
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:07 am
Location: Franklin Tennessee

Re: I don't even...

Postby Insert_blank » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:38 pm

This sort of makes sense. Standardized tests are all about not thinking so making them as dull as possible isn't a big deal. No one gets too excited about taking a test anyway.

The real topic of discussion here is Jehovah's Witnesses don't have birthdays? That sucks!!
Image
"cut the man some slack when ur that dapper u never know when suprise dicks will show up gotta be ready 34/7" -Nimja
User avatar
Insert_blank
Senior East Asian Correspondent
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: China

Re: I don't even...

Postby Robot Monkey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Insert_blank wrote: The real topic of discussion here is Jehovah's Witnesses don't have birthdays? That sucks!!


No wonder they seem so bored when they knock on my door and force their religion down my throat.
Image
User avatar
Robot Monkey
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:47 pm
Location: Weed land

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests