You know, whatever

Moderators: Silent-sigfig, Almighty Benny, Blitzen

Re: You guys ready for the apocalypse?

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:27 am

Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby IVhorseman » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:13 pm

I'm a little pissed off that I horribly mangled my legs before 2012. Even though nothing's gonna happen, I'm gonna be pissed if something does and I can't run.

:fu:
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Postby stubby » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:27 pm

It means you'll survive long enough to make it halfway through Act II of the movie.
stubby
Psy.D Manchild Psychology, U. of Wikipedia

Postby heavyfishcannon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:13 am

You know, if the Mayans where able to predict the end of the world up to now, I wonder why they never saw the little "spaniards will wipe you out" milestone? My bet is they where killed off before they could chisel out the 2013 mark, and someone decided to make a movie about it, and everyone took the advertisements seriously.
"there are no bystanders in the battle for survival. anyone who will not fight by your side is an enemy you must crush"
heavyfishcannon
Cannon Fodder

Postby Silverdream » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:34 pm

heavyfishcannon wrote:You know, if the Mayans where able to predict the end of the world up to now, I wonder why they never saw the little "spaniards will wipe you out" milestone? My bet is they where killed off before they could chisel out the 2013 mark, and someone decided to make a movie about it, and everyone took the advertisements seriously.

They didn't predict the end of the world, dumbass. They predicted a new era would be born. That's why their calender is a circle, because it's a cycle.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
kaka pants

Postby Rody » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:32 pm

Silverdream wrote:
heavyfishcannon wrote:You know, if the Mayans where able to predict the end of the world up to now, I wonder why they never saw the little "spaniards will wipe you out" milestone? My bet is they where killed off before they could chisel out the 2013 mark, and someone decided to make a movie about it, and everyone took the advertisements seriously.

They didn't predict the end of the world, dumbass. They predicted a new era would be born. That's why their calender is a circle, because it's a cycle.

Hell, everything to them was more or less a cycle. your periods? a cycle. life and death? a cycle. years and when to sow etc. etc.? a cycle
their calenders? cycles.

and it just so happens that one of their longer calenders is ending this year, oh well.
they had longer ones still.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Rody
My Little Pony

Postby ikensall » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:34 pm

I get the feeling we're gonna end up with lots of illegitimate children being concieved on the 22nd.
ikensall
Jaw-Jaw

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 am

stubby wrote:It means you'll survive long enough to make it halfway through Act II of the movie.

At which point the main characters would tire of pushing my chair around and leave me to be eaten by mutants or something. And of course like five minutes later they'd find the ONE refugee camp with a ramp.
IVhorseman

Postby Zupponn » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:57 am

IVhorseman wrote:
stubby wrote:It means you'll survive long enough to make it halfway through Act II of the movie.

At which point the main characters would tire of pushing my chair around and leave me to be eaten by mutants or something. And of course like five minutes later they'd find the ONE refugee camp with a ramp.

What? You're IVHorseman. Doesn't that mean you'll be in charge of the Apocalypse or something?
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby IVhorseman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:12 pm

Only in the dumbfuck biblical apocalypse. If it turns out to be the Mayan, Hopi, Thermonuclear, Zombie, Meteor, Magnetic Pole shift, Extreme Solar Flare or some other kind of apocalypse, all bets are off.
IVhorseman

Postby stubby » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:48 am

Obvious gimmicks for our sympathy, like the wheelchair, mean you'll get converted to Wheelchair Zombie to get plot-twist revenge on the people who abandoned you.
stubby

Postby Ben-Jammin » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:40 am

stubby wrote:Wheelchair Zombie

:ftw: I sense a future Brikwar hero...
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony

Postby Tzan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 am

The incept story for Wheelchair Zombie.

6. Apoc
7. Dude in wheelchair, makes it motorized, armored, mounted gunz, mad max style.
8. No ramp at refugee camp ( there was this one time... at refugee camp... the camp councilors wanted to make a bonfire, but ran out of wood, so they tore up the wheelchair ramps... true story.)
9. After many adventures as "Wheelchair Dude" he gets over run by zombies and transforms into "Wheelchair Zombie". Its still motorized with gunz.
(That issue of the comic becomes a rare collectors item.)
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby IVhorseman » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:58 pm

Don't sympathy gimmicks mean you die first? I guess it depends on whether or not I'm funny, or if I manage a cool speech before I die.
IVhorseman

Postby stubby » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Nope. There are rules for horror movies. These guys are in front of you in line:

1. Anyone black dies first.
2. Any "normal" teens who have premarital sex die next. (Normal meaning they don't have some special gimmick defining their role in the movie, like a wheelchair.)
3. THEN the gimmick characters start dying, including the hero's love interest. (You can't be a gimmick character AND the love interest, because that's too complicated for horror movies. No one will ever love you while you're in that chair. The best you get are scenes where you can perv on the cheerleader while she makes a show of pitying you to impress everybody.)
4. If the hero has any siblings, they die next.
5. If the hero's love interest survived #3, they betray the hero now. Then they die.
6. Conclusion: the hero dies / escapes / turns out to be the villain / turns into the villain.
stubby

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion