Updated armies

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Updated armies

Post by Bragallot » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:32 pm

I realized it's been a long while I've pulled some of these out of the coffin and a lot has changed. Sooo, first off, the white dragon knights:

I've added some troops from leftover and new parts mostly because I didn't like how fast they were knocked out of the game in BitS.

Spearmen form the main addition.

A few crossbowmen, and Garth with his officers. Feathers and shields were distributed accordingly to create a more unified look.

Dragons now have mounted archers on top because any melee-armed troops turned out to be rather useless because of a (lack of) reach. I really like how my new flags add to their look.

Next, a group of Woad Elves (essentially half-elves). These were originally going to be a slightly bigger and better equipped group, but this is how they turned out.

Not much difference in weaponry - it's not that useful for such a small unit. Half of them have elf swords to cover the other group from cc. If I have enough capes I could give all of them swords.

I know I've only just posted them, but I've changed a lot of parts for the Falx around again. This is the newest unit: marines. Double sabres because I'm trying to rid most armies of gunpowder. This is the only remaining unit that might still double as Inquistadores.

Dragoons.

Mysterious warriors, they're as commonly seen as they are understood - not very often.

Not the whole force, but I'm changing the look of the Golden Lions 'cos I have a knack for combining old parts with newer stuff.

This happened because I wanted my Urban Guard which is essentially just a militia town watch to look less shiny and expensive to field, as opposed to the Goldcloaks from GoT. It always bothered me that people in those books were complaining about the cost of the City Watch, I was like Well Don't Give All Of Them Gold Cloaks Then! That aside, added are Rune(?)Knights and some extra infantry.

I think they look far more believable as a city militia now. As a bonus, they're unique now and not Fantoria of Medivo copies, which makes the whole thing feel a little bit more real imo.

Not much going on here, just some much-needed extra infantry for the Crimson and Eagle Knights.

And a few Bodyguards, which I nearly forgot.

The Magus Guild, who have once again undergone some colour switches. Most of all I like the new battle mage.

Some Starcapes I put back together. Using them as undead just wasn't working out. They're slightly more heavily armoured now.

And the Wolfpack have gone back to their roots. They were never very effective as hybrid rangerknights and now they're serving alongside the Dragon Knights have realized they're making fools out of themselves by pretending to be knights. Also, now there are moar of them!
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Re: Updated armies

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:23 pm

wonderful additions man!

also:
i don't think the goldcloaks have actual gold in their cloaks :P

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:24 pm

In the tv show they actually have golden colored equipment.
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former- Albert Einstien.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:49 pm

They all bow to the Lannisters though, so that could be the case.

I like how you fixed the wolfpack.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:03 pm

the tv series is a bit too... middle eastern feeling

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:12 pm

if you know what i mean, i was thinking cobble and grim and got white wash and flowing curtains in Kings landing.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:18 am

Nice! These all look really good.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:42 am

Fantastic. Love the Dragoons. :guinness:

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Just wanted to point out to those who don't have a keen eye that the white dragon wings and dragon helmet piece are incredibly old and rare Lego elements that are worth a lot of money. Only a true Lego collector and enthusiast would know of the incredible rarity of those parts. Only three sets ever had the white dragon plume, the last of which was released in 1994. It looks like Bragallot here has the Black Knight's Castle which was from 1992 and is the first place where the white Dragon helmet accessories appeared.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Indeed. The only thing that can beat that in terms of rarity is the black shortsword, released only in one set ever; the Armor Shop.

My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Dammit Nat, now I have to bar the doors to my house. Buy yeah, you're right :) Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the black classic visor was the rarest castle thing ever though?
Last edited by Bragallot on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:19 pm

RunsWithLegos wrote:the tv series is a bit too... middle eastern feeling
Man, could you be any more stereotypical? I should make a new rule that you're no longer allowed to say anything that sounds like you heard it on Fox News.

So you've got a center of empire built up by invading dragon riders from foreign desert lands, and your expectation was that they'd make it as boring and generically Saxon as possible? Keep that kind of nonsense over in House Stark, where it actually makes some kind of logical sense.

Anyway King's Landing doesn't feel even a tiny bit Middle Eastern, it feels (appropriately) southern European if anything. There's more to Europe than just the British islands.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:24 pm

stubby wrote:
Man, could you be any more stereotypical? I should make a new rule that you're no longer allowed to say anything that sounds like you heard it on Fox News.
Bragallot wrote:Dammit Nat, now I have to bar the doors to my house. Buy yeah, you're right :) Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the black classic visor was the rarest castle thing ever though?
Not sure since I have like 6 of those. I could look it up though.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:31 pm

stubby wrote:

So you've got a center of empire built up by invading dragon riders from foreign desert lands, and your expectation was that they'd make it as boring and generically Saxon as possible? Keep that kind of nonsense over in House Stark, where it actually makes some kind of logical sense.
I lol'd.

The books do have a very dark ages gloomy feeling to them, I think they wanted to make the series a bit more appealing than that. The costumes look great, did you know they used painted Uruk-hai helmets for the Lannister soldiers? That's why the design looks so alike.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:55 pm

stubby wrote:

Anyway King's Landing doesn't feel even a tiny bit Middle Eastern, it feels (appropriately) southern European if anything. There's more to Europe than just the British islands.
ah that's it southern Europe, malta and shit. from the books i got a very ... generically north Europe feeling is all.