Silver sheen?!

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

kylerdtesch
Battlefield General

Silver sheen?!

Post by kylerdtesch » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:01 am

Okay, i read somewhere a long time ago, when redbean studios was still a website and before redbean made brickforge, that anyone can indeed add that same silver dagger sheen to any of there armors and/or weapons! Now i do not know if this is the truth.. but if anyone knows, id love to know how you achieve this, and what you would use to do so.. thank you.

Dr. X
Jaw-Jaw

Re: Silver sheen?!

Post by Dr. X » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:19 am

kylerdtesch wrote:Okay, i read somewhere a long time ago, when redbean studios was still a website and before redbean made brickforge, that anyone can indeed add that same silver dagger sheen to any of there armors and/or weapons! Now i do not know if this is the truth.. but if anyone knows, id love to know how you achieve this, and what you would use to do so.. thank you.
Two options: Rub & Buff or this guy.

Rub & Buff, you just go to a craft store like Joanns or something and it's a small tube that comes in different metallic colors. Just ask some store lady to help you find it. Choose the color you want, say, bronze or silver, then drive home and choose the helmet, dagger, sword, or armor you want to put it on. Then find a VERY tiny paintbrush. Now this is the tricky part. Open the tube and put the TINIEST BAREST LITTLE POOFLE of stuff onto the paintbrush (or your finger who cares) and rub it into your thing. Voila, instant metallic sheen!

And if you were talking about real metallic lego weapons, contact this guy.
I think those stats only apply to non-Mexicans.

kylerdtesch
Battlefield General

Post by kylerdtesch » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:57 am

Oh man! THANK YOU! now i can make even my only ninja armor sheen! lol..