The Calvarian Empire

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

The Calvarian Empire

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Yes, its time again for a Calvarian Empire update.

EDIT: And here's some music for your listening pleasure while you observe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=798HhYw1TQs

Behold the might of the Empire.

And here we see Ben-Jammin himself, the emperor of Calvaria. Armed with an OT Nova Claympore and chrome armor, he is truly a fearsome foe. He is flanked by two of the Knights of Calvaria, a sort of Space Knight sect devoted solely to Calvaria. The female on the right is Katrina Candor, one of Ben-Jammin's most trusted companions, while the man on the left is a deadly warrior known only as the Spectral Wyrm. Little is known of him, as he talks little, and despite the fact that he has access to a great deal of modern technology, he still prefers to use a massive battleaxe.

Here are the Calvarian standard infantry. Now up to 22 soldiers. The ones in the front are officers, with the ones in the red epaulettes being senior officers. They each can wield a variety of weapons, although rifles and SMGs are by far the favorites. Some can also be seen with Light Machine Guns though.

Ah, the Marines. The elite of Calvaria. Each is equipped with a set of full body armor that also acts as an environmental protection suit. The red ones in front are officers. Due to their training and experience, Marines can be found with almost any weapon, and their armament options are much less restrictive than the common infantry.

Anti-Armor troopers. Yeah, I got too close for this pic. This way you can see how seriously they take their job. Each is armed with a missile launcher.

Snipers. They carry no armor but instead prefer camoflauged suits to help hide their presence and increase their mobility.

Scouts are elite troops who carry lightweight armor and are trained to operate for extended periods without support. They recieve superb training and are excellent survivalists and marksmen.

Pilots. I have a few more, but I was too lazy to pull them out of the cockpits of their seventy-ton death machines. They probably prefer being in there anyway.These souls are the unfortunate ones who are forced to sit in my fig bins for days at a time.

Calvarian heavy infantry are among the most feared troops in the army. Unlike the heavy infantry of other factions which are merely generic troops trained to wear heavy armor and carry larger weapons, the Calvarian heavy is far superior. Genetic enhancements have made them stronger and faster than most, essentially turning them into walking tanks. They also carry a wide variety of weapons, and all of them carry OTCs for backup.

Here are some other heroes for my army, but I'm too lazy to think up names. The one on the far right is female, in case any of you would be willing to give suggestions.

And now we're on to the vehicles. First off are simple scout trikes. They have no armor or weapons and are simply used in place of feet on long voyages or patrols.

The Lightning FAV. Armed with a heavy machine gun and a (rather primitive) suspension system. It is still a favorite of infantry units looking for some high-speed firepower.

The Tempest horde grows! I now have four Tempest light tanks. I just love the little things. The two on the left are in standard configuration, armed with a 90mm High-Velocity gun and a hull-mounted machine gun. The third one is the IFV variant, armed with an autocannon and a set of ATGMs. The last one is the Flak cannon variant designed for shooting down slow-moving aircraft.

Close-ups.

Invader APC. Now armed with twice as many ATGMs for greater anti-tank effectiveness. The autocannon is still a pretty potent weapon though.

The Infiltrator APC has had its thin side panels replaced with thicher sloping ones for greater defence. Oh, and this is also my oldest surviving MOC. Sorry for not posting in the appropriate thread.

BTW, does it still count as oldest if I updated it like three times? :phil:

The return of the Typhoons! They haven't seen any major updates, but it just wouldn't be a Calvarian army post without them!

Hurricane. Same as the Typhoons.

Phantasm. Needs moar missiles. More detail wouldn't hurt either.

Dragon Gunship. The minigun on the nose has been given some extra detail, though IDK why the ammo container looks like it holds toxic waste...

And finally the Spectre. Sorry for not including it in the main pic. I removed the pathetic little side doors in favor of one giant door in the back of the craft. Now I can cram even more troops in there.

Hope you like. Sorry for the short descriptions, but its getting late and I'm getting hungry. Possible Kuragin update soon.

BFenix
Pooplord

Re: The Calvarian Empire

Post by BFenix » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:35 pm

Holy crap dude, this is a major improvement since your last post regarding the Calvarians! Everything looks organized and fitting of a great star empire. Sometimes it saddens me to see most people's armies so standardized and "right", which is extremely common. But sometimes, some armies have an edge and character to it. Yours is one of them. Good job. Looking forward to see the Calvarian Empire in action! :guinness:

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:23 pm

This is all win.
IDK why the ammo container looks like it holds toxic waste
Why shouldn't it be full of toxic waste?
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks guys. I've already changed the flak guns on the flak Tempest since this post! Hoping to get some battle reports with them, or perhaps even a forum battle, but I'm not sure yet and it may take a while.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:forum battle
This. You even have two large, fleshed out factions and can make a bunch of other puny ones. As long as you have time and space you have ingredients for an epic forum battle.

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Post by Alex » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:26 pm

This is awesome! :666: :boss:

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:20 pm

This is and has been one of my most favourite awesome factions. Thank you for being alive.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:42 am

Pretty sweet stuff!

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:15 am

Thanks guys!

@Zupponn: nice new avatar
Silverdream wrote:Thank you for being alive.
Your welcome.

Entity001
Hero

Post by Entity001 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:29 am

Epic faction! I love the vehicles, especially the tempests. Great music choice too.

From now on everyone in the armory should give their factions theme music.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:30 am

Entity001 wrote:From now on everyone in the armory should give their factions theme music.
I second this idea. I think it adds more personality and gives you a "feel" for a faction. It would be even more epic to have such music in battle reports/forum battles IMO.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:19 pm

I believe the epicness of this Empire has already be stated by others...

Even so:
:studgod:
:all: :guinness:

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:06 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:@Zupponn: nice new avatar
Thanks. :D

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:48 am

Zupponn wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:@Zupponn: nice new avatar
Thanks. :D
Dance of the Dead right? Awesome MTG card conversion, :666: .

The Shadowscythe
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Touch my cloud song and I will fuck you up
Location: Llandysul, Ceredigion, Wales, U.K, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe.

Post by The Shadowscythe » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:57 am

So many tanks . . . I most assuredly approve . . . :warhead:
-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler
Show

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.