Werewolf Squad

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Werewolf Squad

Post by Kaplan » Sat May 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Hello everybody. I'm Kaplan. I'm visiting Brikwars forums and related pages for a long time but I'm a new member in this forum and this is my first post. Here it is: "Werewolf Squad" A squad consisting tribal Werewolf warriors.
I prepared statcards and a complete filesheet with info abut the squad and its background story. I hope you like it.

SQUAD FILE SHEET

STAT CARDS:

Image Image
Image Image

I actually printed them all and put on thicker cards.

MORE PICTURES:

Comments and critics are welcome.

tymon555
Officer

Re: Werewolf Squad

Post by tymon555 » Sat May 05, 2012 3:17 pm

First, welcome to the forum.
I see you put lot of time to make that card and all. Werewolves looks awesome.
Though i think they are slightly overpowered (+1 to skill and +2 to dmg almost all the time - normal figures and small squads don't have chance to survive).
Oh, He's here.

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Sat May 05, 2012 3:23 pm

tymon555 wrote:First, welcome to the forum.
I see you put lot of time to make that card and all. Werewolves looks awesome.
Though i think they are slightly overpowered (+1 to skill and +2 to dmg almost all the time - normal figures and small squads don't have chance to survive).
Thank you for your kind comments.
I tried to make this squad unique and i gave them the specialy savageness since they are werewolves and they like eating flesh
But the banner and musician bonus are something hat almost all of my other squads have. I don't like fighting with individual figure much. I like squad battles. You are right that these bonus points give the werewolf a great advantage but on the other hand the banner is a special equipment which can be detroyed if targeted and the musician could be killed with ranged weapons.

tymon555
Officer

Post by tymon555 » Sat May 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Kaplan wrote: squad battles.
:csi: :pics:

Battles with them will be great!

Also, i wanna see more your armies.
Oh, He's here.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Sat May 05, 2012 3:37 pm

Welcome to the boards Kaplan.

Seeing stuff so carefully made and set up like this around here is not very common around here, so keep up with such professionalism and you'll do well! A good looking demonstration of your work is key. That said and mixed with Brikwars, and you'll end up with something awesome. Good job. 8)

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat May 05, 2012 3:39 pm

^ unless you can break up the squad, and are using something that isn't warm blooded. Robots, undead, and demons come off the top of my head.

The only thing close at all to game-breaking is their armor - why do even the regular grunts have 6 armor? I would have just left it at 4, but if you want their awesomeness to reflect into their armor, i'd cap out at 5 since they'd otherwise be quite hard to kill in melee.

That said, this is a great little warband! Where'd you get that many werewolf heads?

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Sat May 05, 2012 3:43 pm

BFenix wrote:Welcome to the boards Kaplan.
Seeing stuff so carefully made and set up like this around here is not very common around here, so keep up with such professionalism and you'll do well! A good looking demonstration of your work is key. That said and mixed with Brikwars, and you'll end up with something awesome. Good job. 8)
tymon555 wrote:
Kaplan wrote: squad battles.
Battles with them will be great!
Also, i wanna see more your armies.
Thank you very much for your warm welcome.

Your comments are really encouraging , I will share more smilar and different types of my works soon.
I also plan to share battle reports from battles we made.

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Sat May 05, 2012 3:46 pm

IVhorseman wrote:^ unless you can break up the squad, and are using something that isn't warm blooded. Robots, undead, and demons come off the top of my head.

The only thing close at all to game-breaking is their armor - why do even the regular grunts have 6 armor? I would have just left it at 4, but if you want their awesomeness to reflect into their armor, i'd cap out at 5 since they'd otherwise be quite hard to kill in melee.

That said, this is a great little warband! Where'd you get that many werewolf heads?
Regular soldiers have normally 4 armor points but as you can see a bunch of them have extra body armors. I made only one stat card for armored and not armored soldiers so i put "(+2)" after the 4 armor points. So only soldiers with body armor get total of 6. Other have only 4.

I understand now that it is a little bit confusing but i didnt come up with another idea how to do it.

I have lot of collectible and castle figures. Old style heads (see the drummer) are from BL.

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Post by Alex » Sat May 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Welcome to the Forums! This is a very awesome and very well made force. The level of detail and back story are also very good. I like the fact that they aren't clones, but are still tied together with a similar look. I'm looking forward to seeing your other forces. If they are anywhere near as good as this one, then they will be awesome.

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Sat May 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Alex wrote:Welcome to the Forums! This is a very awesome and very well made force. The level of detail and back story are also very good. I like the fact that they aren't clones, but are still tied together with a similar look. I'm looking forward to seeing your other forces. If they are anywhere near as good as this one, then they will be awesome.
Thank you for your attention. They don't wear entirely same uniforms because they are not formal soldiers. They are warriors gathered from their villages at the time of war.
My formal armies have uniform soldiers with mostly different head pieces. So they don't seem like clones. (Only exception is the classic castle minifigures, since they all have the headpiece with standard smile)

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Sat May 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Woot, another fantasy brikwarrior! Great start, great squad!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Sat May 05, 2012 7:17 pm

awesome work man!

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Sun May 06, 2012 3:31 am

Zahru II wrote:Woot, another fantasy brikwarrior! Great start, great squad!
RunsWithLegos wrote:awesome work man!
Thank you very much and yes i like fantasy wargaming.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Sun May 06, 2012 9:34 am

Kaplan wrote:I understand now that it is a little bit confusing but i didnt come up with another idea how to do it.
No, that's actually a great idea, I don't know why I've never thought of that! wearable (were-able) armor in parentheses is a perfect way to list that, I just hadn't understood that earlier.

Looking forward to seeing the rest!
Last edited by IVhorseman on Mon May 07, 2012 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Post by Alex » Sun May 06, 2012 9:47 am

Kaplan wrote:
Alex wrote:Welcome to the Forums! This is a very awesome and very well made force. The level of detail and back story are also very good. I like the fact that they aren't clones, but are still tied together with a similar look. I'm looking forward to seeing your other forces. If they are anywhere near as good as this one, then they will be awesome.
Thank you for your attention. They don't wear entirely same uniforms because they are not formal soldiers. They are warriors gathered from their villages at the time of war.
My formal armies have uniform soldiers with mostly different head pieces. So they don't seem like clones. (Only exception is the classic castle minifigures, since they all have the headpiece with standard smile)
That sounds pretty similar to how I do my armies then.