For Wizards and Superheros

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

LivingRaccoon
Champion
Champion

For Wizards and Superheros

Post by LivingRaccoon » Sun May 06, 2012 10:33 pm

So, I had an idea. For the magical mini-figs, you need to buy an Orb of Power for them to use their powers. What it does is you have to step in a 5 inch radius to get charged. When you get charged, you can use the magic or superpower for 1d6 rounds. When you run out of power, go back to the 5 inch radius of the orb, and get more powers. The orb can be destroyed, and has 1d6 armor. Buying another one in battle will cost 1 round for the Hero. It cost 5 CP.

Edit: Thanks Horseman!
Last edited by LivingRaccoon on Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rocket Raccoon is the coolest Marvel Character.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Re: For Wizards and Superheros

Post by IVhorseman » Mon May 07, 2012 1:29 am

LivingRaccoon wrote:So, I had an idea, but this is a modified version of that. For the magical mini-figs, you need to buy an Orb of Power for them to use their powers. What it does is you have to step in a 5 inch radius to get charged. When you get charged, you can use the magic or superpower for 1d6 rounds. When you run out of power, go back to the 5 inch radius of the orb, and get more powers. The orb can be destroyed, and has 1d6 armor. Buying another one in battle will cost 1 round for the Hero. It cost 5 CP.
Fix'd. What do you think of that?

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Mon May 07, 2012 9:28 am

I like it. It would be an interesting way for more figs to get power. Since it wasn't actually said, here's my addition:
Orbs can only perform one certain spell. Multiple figs can use it at once, but they have to have either a wizard cliche or something else that allows them to use the magic (magic wand, hero channeling energy through them, etc.) of the orb. A religious shrine to a god the fig worships could act as an orb, but would still only grant one spell that had to do with the religion. For example, a dodekube shrine would possibly give an alter fate spell so the fig could reroll dice, not a fireball.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Mon May 07, 2012 10:03 am

Does it have to be an orb? That sounds kind of weeaboo. What if I want my wizard to wear magical, solid gold pants?
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Mon May 07, 2012 10:45 am

Then he'd probably be pretty damn slow.

LivingRaccoon
Champion
Champion

Post by LivingRaccoon » Mon May 07, 2012 6:23 pm

I like your ideas. You can alter the idea in anyway in battle, but if posting on the forums, please give me some credit.

Rocket Raccoon is the coolest Marvel Character.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon May 07, 2012 8:27 pm

If minifigs don't need to have bullets, then they have no need for a limit on magic. If you do give them bullets, then I guess a magical limit might be fair.

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Now that you said that, are bullets something that we should use? It would be an interesting optional rule.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Mon May 07, 2012 11:47 pm

I, for one, am against using bullets or ammunition as they don't really fit with the Brikwars theme and feel. The more realistic you make some things, the less Brikwars like it becomes in my opinion.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Tue May 08, 2012 12:08 pm

sjosten wrote:Now that you said that, are bullets something that we should use? It would be an interesting optional rule.
Jesus christ no. 2010's machineguns can run out of ammo in their clip if they burst fire, but keeping track of ammo would become insanely tedious.

Remember that Brikwars pretty much follows action movie rules: pistols have as many shots in a clip as you want.

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Tue May 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Oh yeah! And let's keep track of our minifigs' wounds as well!
:sbr:

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Tue May 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Stop saying clip pistols do not have clips not a single pistol ever made does
But yeah, one way I have found to take advantage of things like the Brickarms stripper clip and various magazine-like bits of plastic is to say that they negate the effects of an auto weapon failure, useful if you want to make guys look cool with neglible game effects.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Wed May 09, 2012 2:20 pm

Keldoclock wrote:Stop saying clip pistols do not have clips not a single pistol ever made does
But yeah, one way I have found to take advantage of things like the Brickarms stripper clip and various magazine-like bits of plastic is to say that they negate the effects of an auto weapon failure, useful if you want to make guys look cool with neglible game effects.
I use ammo clips to denote two-handed weapons or special ammo types. Fluff is more important than Crunch to me.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed May 09, 2012 5:37 pm

I just think most of them look pretty.

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed May 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Zupponn wrote:I, for one, am against using bullets or ammunition as they don't really fit with the Brikwars theme and feel. The more realistic you make some things, the less Brikwars like it becomes in my opinion.
I actually like to make my brikwars as realistic as I can, but I still don't put a limit on how many magazines/clips/bullets a minifig can carry. Heck, for me to even put a limit on explosives is pushing it.