Black Ops 2

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Re: Black Ops 2

Post by Keldoclock » Wed May 09, 2012 12:00 am

Yeah, I was doubtful of Reach but trusted Bungie to make something awesome and they did, the same with ODST which I think is my favorite of the Halos, Halo Wars(the RTS) was a blatant cash grab but ended up a halfway decent console RTS ( which we don't see enough of ).

I'm fully expecting the new halo trilogy to suck giant hairy balls too, but at least in the originals you had a level of respect for the game and it's fans, a commitment to make something that would stand the test of time instead of treating IPs as things to be milked annually.

Really? I always play in teams in FPSes, it's way more fun to collaborate and do lulz like ripping off a turret and hopping on the back of an ATV to make a mini-Warthog or various ietpack shennanigains.

Map control is a big part of strategy, but the playing field is always even. You have to decide quickly which power weapons to rush for and how to best use them.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Wed May 09, 2012 11:23 am

Keldoclock wrote:ODST which I think is my favorite of the Halos,
Thank heavens I found someone who thinks the same thing...

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Wed May 09, 2012 2:42 pm

Halo works best as a LAN/system link game, I always say. There's just that magic feel of playing with and against your friends. LIVE Halo just isn't the same.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

BFenix
Pooplord

Post by BFenix » Wed May 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Ham701 wrote:Halo works best as a LAN/system link game, I always say. There's just that magic feel of playing with and against your friends. LIVE Halo just isn't the same.
Mainly Combat Evolved.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:43 pm

Splitscreen is best.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Thu May 10, 2012 12:25 am

LIVE halo feels the same if it's the same friends and you don't have to accuse each other of screenwatching :P.
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Thu May 10, 2012 2:50 pm

My roommate refuses not to screenwatch, and firmly believes that if it were cheating, it would be harder to do.

I don't play split-screen games with him anymore.

OneEye589
Pooplord

Post by OneEye589 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:08 pm

Kids these days. "Wah, CoD sucks, Halo sucks, Battlefield sucks."

I spent 4 years playing only Call of Duty: United Offensive. That game rocked, and still rocks. I didn't play any other CoD game until MW2, which after CoD:UO was awesome. More variety, the challenge system was great, and just the overall sense of accomplishment when you get new guns and reach a new level.

Then everyone said "Well, MW2 was just MW. You should have played that." I didn't, and by then the MW servers were dead, just like the MW2 servers are now. Just because there are better things out there, doesn't mean something sucks balls. It just means you are too picky and a snob, especially when it comes to gameplay.

Everyone has different styles of gameplay they like. If I like smaller skirmishes, and a challenge system, I'm not gonna buy Battlefield. I'm gonna buy CoD because it has what I want. It's the same as saying "Starcraft sucks big hairy balls because I don't like RTSes." No, you're just a dumbass.

However, I will say the Black Ops 2 trailer looks dumb because the graphics are awful. Graphics don't make the game, but they could have at least ramped it up for the trailer. It looks like MW2 graphics, which were like 4 years ago. But, they're going to sell millions of copies, so it doesn't matter what the graphics look like anyway.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Fri May 25, 2012 5:30 pm

:protip: Team Fortress 2.