New Soviet Armoured Division

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

cherikov
Nice Dubs

New Soviet Armoured Division

Post by cherikov » Mon May 14, 2012 2:50 am

The new Soviet Union was formed in 2034 following the annual Election. they fell under a new banner, now nown as the NSU Then, sensing world conflict, the Soviet military began to mass forces. Gathering Intel for years, the Soviets were aware of the possibility of counter-attack. Knowing the need for good Armour, the Finest Soviet minds and Engineers came together and designed the T-172 Super Tank.

Sporting a 182mm main cannon with an outstanding 30 round-per-minute fire rate, this tank has the ability to level buildings and obliterate enemy armour single handedly.

As well as crushing firepower, the Armour of the T-172 is able to keep taking hits and continue to fight back. On the front, it has 7.8 inches of titanium alloy plating re-enforced with poly-foam to absorb solid impacts.

Overall, it is one of the largest land vehicles utilized by the soviets. measuring 4.5m wide and 11m long, it is truly a iron fortress.

However, the Soviets don't purely rely on Tanks to support the ground forces.
With the invention of the SD-3000 self propelled artillery platform, Soviet Commander Vladimir Gorshkov can truly rain down fire upon those who seek safety on the horizons!

featuring a 750mm Quad-Core fuelled Plasma Battery, the SD_3000 has a tactical range of just over 52km

When your Ground Armor isn't enough, the KA-700 is death from above to those who oppose the NSU!

The KA-700 has an armament that will neutralize any target;
2x Quad 20mm missile pods
2x 65mm tactical MK2 strike missiles
1x 50. machinegun

Due to its dual jets, the KA-700 doesn't need a tail rotor and therefore can also reach speeds of 450 km/h

All the crews together

As well as this, the NSU is backed up by an infantry division to accompany the heavy armour

First, Commander Vladimir Gorshkov and his body guards, both wielding OTC's

Then there are the special units; A Nordic-Dragon-Viking that was thawed out of a glacier, Mikheal Khoroskov- KGB officer turned to scout and a strange oriental character wielding a golden blade.

Then there's the T-172 crew, led by Armoured Division Commander Ivan Greshkiv

The main force of the Soviet infantry are basic Front-line Conscripts, wielding both light machineguns and heavy laser weapons and RPG's

As well as the KA-700's basic operational crew, these paratroopers make-up the backbone of NSu air superiority

And what army exists without Heavy Troopers!

All Together in Formation

Hope you guys like them, it's sorta the main Army I've used for a long while now and they seem to win so i though i'd post them. Please give me feedback and I'm always keen for new ideas!
Ah, these diplomats! What chatterboxes! There's only one way to shut them up - cut them down with machine guns. Bulganin, go and get me one!
- Joseph Stalin - As reported by De Gaulle during a long meeting.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Re: New Soviet Armoured Division

Post by Robot Monkey » Mon May 14, 2012 5:11 pm

I move that the NSU joins the Third Alliance.

Anyway, nice tank!

cherikov
Nice Dubs

Post by cherikov » Mon May 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Sounds good, whatcha think of the tank?
Ah, these diplomats! What chatterboxes! There's only one way to shut them up - cut them down with machine guns. Bulganin, go and get me one!

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Mon May 14, 2012 5:44 pm

I feel that a soviet themed faction has no business in your Germanically inclined alliance. the Immortal alliance on the other hand...

anyways
awesome tank mate! get some more troopers and you'll have a well rounded killing machine!

cherikov
Nice Dubs

Post by cherikov » Mon May 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Thanks for the feedback and i will consider your Immortal alliance... BTW i have about 20 more soldiers but I was mainly focusing round the Armoured vehicles so I just showed the support soldiers.

RunsWithLegos
Official Duck
Official Duck

Post by RunsWithLegos » Mon May 14, 2012 6:00 pm

ah good shit mate

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Mon May 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Very impressive starting force. That tank is win.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon May 14, 2012 7:08 pm

cherikov wrote:Thanks for the feedback and i will consider your Immortal alliance... BTW i have about 20 more soldiers but I was mainly focusing round the Armoured vehicles so I just showed the support soldiers.
My only gripe with your land forces is the lack of a distinguishing uniform. The vehicles however are some of the best on this forum.

Also, for information on Brikwars Alliances

-Immortal Empire + Allies
Powerful Empire with Teknology that blows almost everything else out of proportion. Invaded the Brikverse from another Galaxy after first allying itself with a fuckton of empires and other factions.

-Anti-Immortal Alliance
Led by several vast and powerful empires, nations, mercenary groups and badasses, they seek to stop the Immortal Empire from taking over the Brikverse.

-Third Alliance
A group of mostly Monarchic Germanic Empires(But also includes the Brickville Union, which is summed up by the creator as "Piltogg-commies"). All member nations have sworn fealty to Uberkaiser Piltogg, who is leading the Brikverse in a revolution to create a new brikverse order by conquest and by the Seven Artifakts of Pre-creation.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

cherikov
Nice Dubs

Post by cherikov » Mon May 14, 2012 7:17 pm

Sweet, thanks for the info on the factions and the uniform thing is basically to distinguish who does what so;
green-paratroopers, commando's
desert-t-172 crew, heavy armour
black and white- front-line
black-Heavy

what you say is a good point though, I should make them more uniform...

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Tue May 15, 2012 1:26 am

I love that tank, despite it being :boxy:. That's a great helicopter, as well. :guinness:
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

cherikov
Nice Dubs

Post by cherikov » Tue May 15, 2012 3:39 am

thanks Pwnerade. About to have a brikwar tommorrow and I might take it out for a spin! i will post the battle link on this aswell!

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage
all I have is anthrax and rage

Post by Kastrenzo » Sat May 26, 2012 3:28 am

I tried to make a futuristic Russian themed army, but it just ended up being the same as my other armies, just Red
Faction Index - Flickr Gallery

You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.