A Myth Passes into Legend (Part 1)

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

A Myth Passes into Legend (Part 1)

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Mon May 14, 2012 10:16 pm

Semaj Nagirrac, High Chancellor of Avalon and ever a valiant defender of the realm, had been murdered by the Ying Si Ninja Society...

The same society that had over thrown the Avalonian government....

The aim of the ninja was to create enough violence on Avalon to open demon gates. With the demon gates opened, the temperature would drop enough for even lasers to freeze, thus creating the legendary Orange Transparent Material. It was their goal to make Avalon a second Ice World.

But no matter how many invitations were sent to the other factions in the galaxy, only a few answered the call. Hardly enough to open the gates of doom.

But the ninja would see their luck change as a group of Avalonian citizens ran for their lives from the death squads hunting them.

The foreign soldiers found them and began to open fire.

More citizens ran for their lives, but more enemies showed up to finish them off forever. Menggu, AN PAX Corp and Zuppon Mining Co. Enforcers joined the fray.

The civilians were helpless...

Their pleas for help were drowned out by the sound of gun fire.

"Please! We're unarmed! There is no honor in this!"

Honor never entered the foreigners' thoughts...

A small group managed to make it to the river. All they would need to do is cross and then they'd be safe from the guns!

But Menggu heavy gunners were waiting on the opposite shore.

The massacre continued.

Suddenly, one of the Menggu heads flies off! Can it be?

It is! Avalonian and Cymru soldiers have arrived to save the day!

They bravely run forward, risking everything to defend their people.

"Master?"

"Their fate is already sealed."

A cruel fate indeed. Ninja emerge from behind the defenders.

The slaughter does not discriminate against soldiers.

From the jungle, more civilians run for their lives. The Slashers revel in the premature deaths they've caused.

The survivors are gunned down.

"All right, peach. We've done our part. Now prove your worthiness..."

"With pleasure..."

Cyrus, the Peach Father, stands atop a ruin and spreads his arms. A chill wind whips through the trees and into the bodies of the fallen.

And the worst fortune finally arrives on Avalon...

"Can it be? How is this possible?"

"Master, this will not end well for us..."

The Peach Virus rises from the desecrated bodies of the dead.

"Is this what you had in mind, master ninja?"

"Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would see this day. The fall of Avalon is near."
Zupponn wrote:Where the hell did Semaj come from?

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Re: A Myth Passes into Legend (Part 1)

Post by cleanupcrew » Mon May 14, 2012 10:33 pm

Oh shoot, always those peaches come in and ruin the day. This story seems to keep getting better even after like a year.

Also, official crap about AN Pax Corps: This release of the peach virus is unsanctioned.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Mon May 14, 2012 10:40 pm

The AN did not release the peach virus. Cyrus Peach-Father is the one responsible.
Granted the PAX Corp did just stand there and let it happen. They also murdered innocent people.

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Mon May 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Wait, you're dead? That leaves only two questions. How are you going to come back, and how long will it take?
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon May 14, 2012 11:04 pm

So, exactly why did ZMC soldiers not kill the ninja guys? We have no idea who they are, so we would just keep shooting at them thinking that they were Avalonians.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue May 15, 2012 3:50 pm

Semaj Nagirrac wrote:The AN did not release the peach virus. Cyrus Peach-Father is the one responsible.
Granted the PAX Corp did just stand there and let it happen. They also murdered innocent people.
Murdering innocent people falls within the AN's mandate of promoting violence and warfare throughout its member states, although it's strange that they'd use peacekeeping forces to do it.

As for letting the peach virus escape, they need a bunch of time to fill out after-action paperwork and wait for recommended response strategy from AN strategic command. We're likely to see a bunch of them converted into the Peach Corps before they manage to decide what to do.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Tue May 15, 2012 11:00 pm

The ZMC would like to make an official statement condemning this obvious slander against our troops. Our men would never slaughter innocent civilians.
Are we done broadcasting? Okay. Whew. Glad we could cover that one up. Now strike against that other Avalonian town over there. Yes, the one with all the civilians. Well of course kill them all. What did you think I wanted you to do?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue May 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Revenge will be carried out against the AN bastards. Prepared to be slaughtered.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Wed May 16, 2012 10:17 am

Zupponn wrote:The ZMC would like to make an official statement condemning this obvious slander against our troops. Our men would never slaughter innocent civilians.

Are we done broadcasting? Okay. Whew. Glad we could cover that one up. Now strike against that other Avalonian town over there. Yes, the one with all the civilians. Well of course kill them all. What did you think I wanted you to do

Funny, when I went to quote Zupponn, I found this extra sentence added in.

The Kingdom of Avalon may be crippled for now, but we still have spies everywhere. Prepare for the worst.

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Wed May 16, 2012 2:51 pm

I'm hoping for an epic comeback for Avalon.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Wed May 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Semaj Nagirrac wrote:
Zupponn wrote:The ZMC would like to make an official statement condemning this obvious slander against our troops. Our men would never slaughter innocent civilians.

Are we done broadcasting? Okay. Whew. Glad we could cover that one up. Now strike against that other Avalonian town over there. Yes, the one with all the civilians. Well of course kill them all. What did you think I wanted you to do

Funny, when I went to quote Zupponn, I found this extra sentence added in.

The Kingdom of Avalon may be crippled for now, but we still have spies everywhere. Prepare for the worst.
I hid it pretty well. :D

@Zahru: Me too.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Wed May 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Now it's personal. Space Ninjas have always raided the ASE and stolen weapons, assassinated various officials, and infiltrated parts of the government, but there was never a call to round up and eliminate them. An outright war on a shadowy enemy that would use guerrilla tactics to hide was too unpopular, especially with how over-stretched the empire was and the other forces vying to destroy it. The ASE still has shaky relations with the Czecho-Slovenians, deals with space pirate raids daily, and governing the empire is a difficult task.

No one would have advocated for all-out war on the Space Ninjas, but their bringing of the Peach blight to the galaxy, even if it is only on one world, is too horrible an offense. The ASE will infiltrate the Space Ninjas, find their havens, kill their leaders, and suck the life out of the blood suckers much as they have done to the ASE. Their myriad cults and orders will be sought out and destroyed.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Thu May 24, 2012 1:36 pm

Natalya wrote:Now it's personal. Space Ninjas have always raided the ASE and stolen weapons, assassinated various officials, and infiltrated parts of the government, but there was never a call to round up and eliminate them.
Ying Si Ninja Society wrote: We have never had dealings with your pathetic empire. There is more than just our society working to rid the galaxy of your kind. Step into the shadows and search out our hidden places. Soon, the silent winds will welcome you into our fold.

Legofighter
Officer

Post by Legofighter » Wed May 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Are we done broadcasting? Okay. Whew. Glad we could cover that one up. Now strike against that other Avalonian town over there. Yes, the one with all the civilians. Well of course kill them all. What did you think I wanted you to do?
Sometimes I wonder !?!?WHY?!?! things tend to become better over time.
Because it SUCKS is :666: :belushi: awesome
From the frigid cold of Canada, -40 year long.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Wed May 30, 2012 11:10 pm

I'm not exactly sure what you were trying to say there. :?