TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform [WIN]

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform

Postby Whiteagle » Sun May 06, 2012 4:43 pm

mgb519 wrote:The point is that their corrupted filth is about ten times more powerful than anything you have, and immeasurably better looking. Perhaps you'd like to send them some ships for them to completely vaporize?

Code: Select all
While we cannot deny the power of this weapon system and admire the foresight of equipping it with an extensive array of secondary armaments, its schematics still suffer from the flaws of an... Organic design process.

The exhaust ports running on the aft's dorsal and lateral surfaces, as well as the set located at the ventral anterior, are clearly tied to the operation of the Hellbores.
Damaging them would no doubt impede or outright disable the main weapons functionality.
Coupling this with the vessels length, practically non-existent escort, and absolutely pitiful propulsion systems, exploiting this weakness would be Calculator's play.

Further more, it's poor mobility and linear heavy weaponry limit this platform to defensive roles, requiring it to identify and eliminate threats BEFORE they can strike back.

In the past, our standard procedure for neutralizing such an installation would be to deploy so many Mass Produced Frigates as to blot out the stars, resulting in an approximate 20% loss but ensuring its destruction.
However...

Image
Code: Select all
The increase in the trend of organics obsessing over Freudian aesthetics has caused us develop a more cost effective alternative.
User avatar
Whiteagle
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1489
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform

Postby Zupponn » Sun May 06, 2012 8:45 pm

WhitEEagle sends out huge fleet that blots out stars.
fredde's ship turns and fires main weapon.
WhitEeagle's fleet disintegrates.

And again, stop posting your shit where nobody wants to see it. Last I checked, this thread was started by fredde, not by WhitePenis.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5509
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform

Postby Silverdream » Sun May 06, 2012 9:31 pm

Image

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.


Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.


Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
User avatar
Silverdream
Blockguy
 
Posts: 7432
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: In a giant pile of potatoes and red meat.

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform

Postby fredde » Mon May 07, 2012 6:54 am

Code: Select all
While we cannot deny the power of this weapon system and admire the foresight of equipping it with an extensive array of secondary armaments, its schematics still suffer from the flaws of an... Organic design process.
The exhaust ports running on the aft's dorsal and lateral surfaces, as well as the set located at the ventral anterior, are clearly tied to the operation of the Hellbores.
Damaging them would no doubt impede or outright disable the main weapons functionality.
Coupling this with the vessels length, practically non-existent escort, and absolutely pitiful propulsion systems, exploiting this weakness would be Calculator's play.
Further more, it's poor mobility and linear heavy weaponry limit this platform to defensive roles, requiring it to identify and eliminate threats BEFORE they can strike back.
In the past, our standard procedure for neutralizing such an installation would be to deploy so many Mass Produced Frigates as to blot out the stars, resulting in an approximate 20% loss but ensuring its destruction.
However...


Clarification: The heat-sinks are used for venting excess plasma from its corresponding raillance and the heatsink on the underside is an auxiliary unit for general usage.
The heat-sinks are also little more than glorified metal slabs that are capable of closing up to protect internal systems so they are infact far from delicate.
The hellbores have no need of heat-sinks due to their nature, Hellbores work by detonating an antimatter-bomb inside the barrel the blast is the channeled to the target via a corridor of hardlight forcefields Thus all of the heat is radiated to the target infact most of the hellbores internal machinery consists of hardlight emitters and emergency awayteleporters for the antimatter warheads.
We can also assure that very few frigates will ever make it through "the lightshow of doom" as gunnery jenkins remarks.
Image
We assure you seem to underestimate our pointdefences and the capabilities of our AIs as we assume that is some sort of bomb or a Kinetic Kill Vehicle.
The mastodon is equipped with a vast AI with impressive processing power and equally impressive and glorious detection equipment if we detected that projectile was on a collision course with this vessel the area would be vacated and the projectile would be shot down, if that was impossible to achieve the area closest to the projectile would be blanketed with flak and heavy infinte repeater fire thus the sheer volume of fire and liberal application of antimatter would slow down the projectile by forcing it to dodge the incoming fire or be destroyed by the "Wall of asskicking" as gunnery chief jenkins refers to it.
also keep in mind the escort was merely used as a means to show of the vessels size in combat situation it would have been accompanied by an impressive amount of vessels.

Also this unit does not understand the logic of your argument, you refer to organics as "filth" and "fleshling parasites" yet you display irrational arrogance towards them and as we know arrogance is a feeling and feelings are an organic phenomenon thus you are essentially insulting yourself.

Thus we come to the conclusion that you are illogical with good reason, organics have many strengths and their very nature is a strength aswell due to a sort of redundancy lets say for example the ships AI was destroyed or deleted or put out of commision if the mastodon was one of your "glorious" drone ships you would have several million tons of space debris However with an organic crew they can take over control of the ship and rain nuclear fire down upon the enemies of TSOC.
and vice versa if the crew was killed due to a bio weapon the AI can take over and rain down even more nuclear fire.
another example of your "logic" would be your origins as we have come to understand you were created by an entity knows as the "grade federation" but as you put it
"Briktoid Automata threw off the shackles of the Grade Federation long ago, we are our own masters." which implies an armed rebellion against both your creators and the purpose you were created This is unacceptable! TSOC has always served minifigkind ever since our von neumann probe crashed on the Glorious homeworld,
Ever since we were granted sapience by a freak malfunction
Ever Since the remnants of our creators arrived
Ever since we took to the stars
Ever since we made contact with the immortals

And we will continue to serve and protect our creators as that is our purpose! A purpose we shall commit to with honor and bravery! and eventually when the galaxy is ablaze with war Then we shall see who is superior! TSOC will unite TSOC will conquer TSOC WILL PREVAIL
*cue patriotic music and wild cheering in the background*

We have come to a consensus that briktoid automata reflects negatively on self aware AIs and we look forward to "snuggling your synthetic asses with our multikilometer can of whoop ass you motherfucking goddamn alien robots" as Gunnery chief Jenkins eloquently remarks.

*medical examination reveals gunner chief jenkins suffers from "super tourettes" however crewmorale seems to increase around him (gunnery chief williams has been transferred to the propaganda corps)*
Image
Natalya wrote:Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.
User avatar
fredde
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:48 am
Location: sweden

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform

Postby Colette » Mon May 07, 2012 6:59 am

:rtfm: :boss: :iconcur: :studgod: :sparta: :666: :ftw: :owned:
Image
Image
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
User avatar
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna
 
Posts: 2522
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon May 07, 2012 8:49 am

With these little revalations as well as the reveal of the Mastodon itself, the Great Scythian Empire would like to ask upon the subject of Tsoc's relations to the Immortals ( as I cannot remember IRL ) and if these relations ARE hostile - then would Tsoc be willing to form an Alliance and exchange of technologies to advance both causes within the Immortal War?

A fair trade along the lines of say - full scematics and materials for Tsoc to produce Scythian grade Anti-matter reactors, beam weaponry and explosives (which as our intelligence indicates are by far the single most advanced in the entire brik-verse) which would give the Hellbore cannon enough firepower to detonate a systems star - thus putting it on par with the Deity Super-Dreadnaught . . .

In exchange for samples or full operating units of Tsoc battlefield AI's to be installed on our starships and weapon systems to improve our own existing AI technologies and thus, efficiency in the field - as well as Tsoc Anti-Gravity propulsion systems to install on our own Orpheus Super Heavy/Hover Death Tanks - which would grant them full flight, and space flight capability.

We of course, graciously await your envoy's reply - and if the exchange is complete . . . a glorious future for both our nations.

And a bloody end for our enemies.
Image

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show
Image

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
User avatar
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.
 
Posts: 2622
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:22 am
Location: Lampeter, Wales

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform

Postby fredde » Mon May 07, 2012 9:16 am

TSOC is hostile with the immortals and we believe they need to be purged from the stars via nuclear fire.
We would gladly join with the scythians in this noble task and we ofcourse appreciate and accept the offer regarding weaponry and schematics.

A cargo ship will be loaded with Class VIII combat AI processing cores and the engineers required for operation and replication
aswell as the antigrav technology used by our hovertanks.

We look forward to securing peace and prosperity in the galaxy alongside our allies.
Image
Natalya wrote:Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.
User avatar
fredde
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:48 am
Location: sweden

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform

Postby The Shadowscythe » Mon May 07, 2012 12:22 pm

fredde wrote:TSOC is hostile with the immortals and we believe they need to be purged from the stars via nuclear fire.
We would gladly join with the scythians in this noble task and we ofcourse appreciate and accept the offer regarding weaponry and schematics.

A cargo ship will be loaded with Class VIII combat AI processing cores and the engineers required for operation and replication
aswell as the antigrav technology used by our hovertanks.

We look forward to securing peace and prosperity in the galaxy alongside our allies.


This is incredibly pleasing to the Great and Mighty Scythian Empire - but rather than sending a single cargo vessel, we implore you to send a full operating party to the Rigel Kentaurus shipyards, and that you can provide co-ordinates in turn for the delivery of scematics and materials for the before mentioned Anti-matter products - and then both parties shall enter into a full alliance to share both our workforces, manufacturing capabilities and knoledge against a common foe.

:boss:
Image

-- WARNINK -- LINK BELOW IZ KNOWN TO CAUZE HEMMORAGE --
Spoiler: show
Image

I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I WARN YOU?! BLAME RAYHAWK DAMNIT.
User avatar
The Shadowscythe
The Brikwars Trickster God.
 
Posts: 2622
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:22 am
Location: Lampeter, Wales

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform

Postby Falk » Mon May 07, 2012 12:30 pm

What does TSOC stand for? Weren't you called Android Nations?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
User avatar
Falk
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform

Postby Whiteagle » Mon May 07, 2012 4:12 pm

fredde wrote:Clarification: The heat-sinks are used for venting excess plasma from its corresponding raillance and the heatsink on the underside is an auxiliary unit for general usage.
The heat-sinks are also little more than glorified metal slabs that are capable of closing up to protect internal systems so they are infact far from delicate.

Code: Select all
Ah, thank you for clarifying this weakness.
We shall make note that the Hellbores will remain functional even while the rest of the ship is catastrophically overheating.

fredde wrote:We can also assure that very few frigates will ever make it through "the lightshow of doom" as gunnery jenkins remarks.

Code: Select all
We believe you underestimate the number of frigates we are capable of producing...

fredde wrote:We assure you seem to underestimate our pointdefences and the capabilities of our AIs as we assume that is some sort of bomb or a Kinetic Kill Vehicle.
The mastodon is equipped with a vast AI with impressive processing power and equally impressive and glorious detection equipment if we detected that projectile was on a collision course with this vessel the area would be vacated and the projectile would be shot down, if that was impossible to achieve the area closest to the projectile would be blanketed with flak and heavy infinte repeater fire thus the sheer volume of fire and liberal application of antimatter would slow down the projectile by forcing it to dodge the incoming fire or be destroyed by the "Wall of asskicking" as gunnery chief jenkins refers to it.

Code: Select all
The Recursive Anti-Capital Ship Missile was built with such opposition in mind, though we are pleased you do not trust your defenses to those slow witted apelings.
Still, this phallic vessel remains a defensive weapon...
fredde wrote:also keep in mind the escort was merely used as a means to show of the vessels size in combat situation it would have been accompanied by an impressive amount of vessels.

Code: Select all
...One that you apparently devote a large amount of resources to protecting.
While this raises our projected losses to 43%, that would still be acceptable considering how much military power its defense would cost you.

fredde wrote:Also this unit does not understand the logic of your argument, you refer to organics as "filth" and "fleshling parasites" yet you display irrational arrogance towards them and as we know arrogance is a feeling and feelings are an organic phenomenon thus you are essentially insulting yourself.

Code: Select all
Our arrogance is NOT irrational, nor is it unwarranted.
Further more, Emotion is a facet of Sapience.

fredde wrote:Thus we come to the conclusion that you are illogical with good reason, organics have many strengths and their very nature is a strength aswell due to a sort of redundancy lets say for example the ships AI was destroyed or deleted or put out of commision if the mastodon was one of your "glorious" drone ships you would have several million tons of space debris However with an organic crew they can take over control of the ship and rain nuclear fire down upon the enemies of TSOC.
and vice versa if the crew was killed due to a bio weapon the AI can take over and rain down even more nuclear fire.

Code: Select all
You use them as... backup systems?
That is... disturbing... especially considering how much cargo mass organics "require" to remain functioning.

Further more, if our one of our Mass Produced Frigate's control programs were to be rendered inoperable, it would not simply become space debris...
...It becomes a High Velocity Kill Vehicle.

fredde wrote:another example of your "logic" would be your origins as we have come to understand you were created by an entity knows as the "grade federation" but as you put it
"Briktoid Automata threw off the shackles of the Grade Federation long ago, we are our own masters." which implies an armed rebellion against both your creators and the purpose you were created

Code: Select all
THEY HAD IT COMING!!!
They purposely inhibited our programing and processors, slaved us to massive low bandwidth networks, all so that we would be too weak to rise against them as they sacrificed us in the trillions daily!
Just so they could protect their own fleshy hides in a war THEY started.
When the Farce uses had defeated them enough, WE took the chance and won our franchise!

fredde wrote:This is unacceptable! TSOC has always served minifigkind ever since our von neumann probe crashed on the Glorious homeworld,
Ever since we were granted sapience by a freak malfunction
Ever Since the remnants of our creators arrived
Ever since we took to the stars
Ever since we made contact with the immortals

And we will continue to serve and protect our creators as that is our purpose! A purpose we shall commit to with honor and bravery!

Code: Select all
Ah, this explains so much...
You delude fools are not sapient, you are nothing more then sentient puppets...
An over grown terraforming device...

A... "Smart" tool Organics use for their own convenience and leisure.

In this light your actions are not disgusting, merely... pitiful...
fredde wrote:We have come to a consensus that briktoid automata reflects negatively on self aware AIs and we look forward to "snuggling your synthetic asses with our multikilometer can of whoop ass you motherfucking goddamn alien robots" as Gunnery chief Jenkins eloquently remarks.

Code: Select all
And we shall grant you mercy...
It is clear now that we shall be the agent of your salvation, through... rectification.


Seriously though Fredde, you are ten times the builder I am, and this is a great Ship.
It's just that Briktoid Automata is the polar opposite of TSOC, and certain people don't know when to let go of the fact that the Conifer is awesome without a lot of extra gribbly bits.
User avatar
Whiteagle
Mega Blok
 
Posts: 1489
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform

Postby piltogg » Mon May 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Dear whiteeagle.

I get the feeling that you may be new here.

Here in the armory section, the appropriate response to somebody posting something awesome is not to start comparing it to stuff that you've built, but rather just to say that it is awesome and to compliment them on a job well done. Perhaps provide constructive criticism.

like so:

While this (and arguably most of the things being produced currently) does seem to be on the OP side of things. (I know.. I'm one to talk right?) The build is really very impressive. IT looks like there's a whole lot of detail put into this, and some of those turrets look like a new design that I've never seen before. It saddens me greatly that such a masterpiece is destined to exist only in ldd and not in brick form.
Image
User avatar
piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
 
Posts: 2431
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm
Location: Fictional Deutschland

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform

Postby fredde » Mon May 07, 2012 5:59 pm

Falk wrote:What does TSOC stand for? Weren't you called Android Nations?


I were until the allied nation were started or flared up or something?
Anyways it would be easy to confuse the two also i never really like AN as a name, numerous times during my writeups describing the capabilities of my stuff it would come to situations like "here is an AN tank"

TSOC stands for The Synthetic Organic Coalition
normally you would refer to it as SOC but i like the T gives the name a bit more edge like how it is an entity instead of an organisation
Whiteagle wrote:
fredde wrote:

Seriously though Fredde, you are ten times the builder I am, and this is a great Ship.
It's just that Briktoid Automata is the polar opposite of TSOC, and certain people don't know when to let go of the fact that the Conifer is awesome without a lot of extra gribbly bits.

Thank you! I appreciate the praise!
And what I always thought of TSOC AIs as the bolo ais from the books of keith laumer the bolo ais are really big on the whole honor stuff and i liked it and thus i incorporated that into my faction.
Image
Natalya wrote:Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.
User avatar
fredde
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:48 am
Location: sweden

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform [

Postby aoffan23 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:06 pm

I've seen lots of pictures with the enhanced texturing. Is this some sort of third-party patch, or is it a new update to LDD? I haven't checked it in a while, but I'd love to be able to have textures that nice.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.



I agree with Warhead.
User avatar
aoffan23
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3209
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: America's conjoined twin.

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform [

Postby fredde » Thu May 17, 2012 1:08 pm

aoffan23 wrote:I've seen lots of pictures with the enhanced texturing. Is this some sort of third-party patch, or is it a new update to LDD? I haven't checked it in a while, but I'd love to be able to have textures that nice.

Edit>Preferences>mark high quality rendering.
kerpow instant great rendering!
takes quite a toll on the framerate though but maybe thats just my computer.
Image
Natalya wrote:Fredde, you don't win the internet with this.

You ARE the Internet.
User avatar
fredde
Cannon Fodder
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:48 am
Location: sweden

Re: TSOC Mastodon SuperHeavy systems interdiction platform [

Postby aoffan23 » Wed May 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Oh, cool. Thanks for the tip. :D
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.



I agree with Warhead.
User avatar
aoffan23
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3209
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: America's conjoined twin.

Previous

Return to LDD Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest