Total War Series

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Total War Series

Postby Semaj Nagirrac » Wed May 23, 2012 11:43 am

Anybody play these? I have Medieval 2 and all of the expansions as well as Empire and the Darth Mod.

I just played a battle in the Darth Mod as Greece. I had two regiments of 6 pounder artillery (six cannons in total). All together, I only had 36 men.
My enemy was just a simple regiment of Nizam-I Credit infantry, courtesy of the Ottoman Empire. They had 375 men. Needless to say, but I'm going to say it anyway, I was outnumbered.

Luckily, artillery comes with horses. So, after shooting shrapnel shot at the enemy for ten minutes while they advanced up my hill, I packed up when they came close enough and moved my cannons far behind their position. They had to turn around, march all the way back while I shot more shrapnel and grape shot at them. I went back to my original position and continued to pound them until they gave up and ran away. It was a pretty funny battle and I was going to post it to the TWC forums, but I got the wrong screen shot. Oh well.
SIR_WHO wrote:Making Semaj angry is like inviting several bears to come and chill in your house, while you have steaks tied to yourself.
Semaj Nagirrac
Dimmy

Re: Total War Series

Postby Zupponn » Wed May 23, 2012 10:14 pm

I have Shogun: Total War - Warlord Edition, and I swear that the arrows are ineffective against enemies, but then when your archers run out of arrows and you charge them into the fray, they wreck opposing heavy infantry, cavalry, whatever. It doesn't matter. The whole enemy army just sees these archers come at them and they just run away.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Semaj Nagirrac » Wed May 30, 2012 8:34 am

Yeah, Shogun had a lot of bugs like that. I had that game when I was 14 and had to cheat to beat it. I felt pretty bad, but I wanted to see that 30 second clip at the end. Right now I'm just playing a lot of Medieval 2 Kingdoms, Empire and a few of their mods. Still pretty good games. I'm surprised no one here has said more about them.
SIR_WHO wrote:Making Semaj angry is like inviting several bears to come and chill in your house, while you have steaks tied to yourself.
Semaj Nagirrac
Dimmy

Postby feuer_faust » Wed May 30, 2012 1:05 pm

I read the above as Shotgun - Total War.

I've watched the game played, but it's not really my cup of tea.
It's a secret to everybody.
feuer_faust
Cannon Fodder

Postby mgb519 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:39 am

I was better at Rome Total War than at others, but I cannot find my copy of it for the life of me.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Zupponn » Thu May 31, 2012 11:02 am

My friend used to find it hilarious in Rome - Total War to build an army of 2 groups of legionnaires and the rest archers and then go up against as many peasants as he could on a bridge map. The legionnaires would hold the bridge for hours against the peasants while the archers decimated their ranks.
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby mgb519 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:54 pm

Armored elephant rush.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.

That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.
mgb519
Pooplord

Postby Pwnerade » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:32 pm

I have never played a Total War game that I didn't like.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.
Pwnerade
Playmobil

Return to Lesser Games