Armed Forces of the Bogan Commonwealth

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Armed Forces of the Bogan Commonwealth

Post by Ham » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:56 pm

Bogan is a relatively new star nation, forged from old colonies of Britannia and Lance. It's rich plains made it an important agricultural hub It gained it's independence in a bloody series of revolutions and invasions, until freedom was finally obtained at the defeat of the Hessian-Jonadian Coalition. Since victory in the last war, the people of the Bogan system have formed a democratic government. Though there's a whole lot of arguing and not a lot being done, both news channels can agree it's better than being Hessian. Always wary of invasion, the Armed Forces of Bogan have been built up to combat any foe. Conscription forms the bulk of the personnel needed, and most soldiers come from farming families. While peace has been maintained, aside from peach insurgencies, with the AN-TA War spreading, who knows what those tricky Hessians might do.
Here we have command of the armed forces. On the left is General Walter E. Brassman, second in command only to the president. His ruthless tactics and strong leadership let the underdog Bogans defeat the Hessians in the last war, and made him a legend. He would surely win the election, but opts not to run as politics bore him. Next to him is President Mick O'Rodney, 2nd President of the Bogan Commonwealth. Though not a fearless hero like other top politicians, he looks good, says what people want to hear, and hasn't managed to fuck up the country yet. On his left is Major Kayla Dunne, commander of Special Operations. Though criticized by crabby old men who can't comprehend women's rights, she has definitely proven herself in the field during the Great War, as her trusty bronzed sidearm claimed many a Kraut. Finally, we have General Arthur Conolly, commander of Bogan's mechanized forces. Under him, the armoured division has grown from a bunch of pick-up trucks with machine guns and RPGS to a well trained force of tanks and mechs.
The standard infantrymen of the Bogan Commonwealth. Loud, drunk, mismannered, they're everything a commander could hope for. A typical squad consists of 6 riflemen, an anti-tank trooper, and a light machine gunner.
First Recon, the elites of the army. Years of experience from guerrilla warfare has made these soldiers top notch. Stealth, rescue, frontal assault, they can handle it. To show their status, all 1st Recon troops must wear shades.
Image\
Artillery Unit. You can't go wrong with fiery death pounding down on your enemies.
A minigunner, perfect for static defense or backing up an offensive.
The M2 "Brassman" Main Battle Tank. Named after the fearless hero himself, this tank can deal a whooping with it's large main gun and heavy mg, despite it's size.
The X4 Raptor battle mech. An experimental design that boasts a large chain gun, stainless steel claws, an industrial digger, and mobility to boot.

More coming whenever I feel like it, including those Hessians.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

BFenix
Pooplord

Re: Armed Forces of the Bogan Commonwealth

Post by BFenix » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:35 pm

I'm really digging these dudes, nice color schemes. My only critic goes to the Raptor. The thing looks like a bunch of Bio pieces put together, and you could design some new weapons for special or heavy weapons squads or something like that instead of giving them all BrickArms. Besides that, cool army.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Dat artillery piece. :guinness:

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Zupponn wrote:Dat artillery piece. :guinness:

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:08 pm

Tank is both :boxy: and beautiful.

NapalmKing
Cannon Fodder

Post by NapalmKing » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:51 pm

nice job :D
the cannon looks <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> nicer with the new barrel.
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the former- Albert Einstien.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Awesome forces. I might have to make some Bogans for Britannia to bully.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Alex
Nice TRIPS

Post by Alex » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:55 am

Robot Monkey wrote:
Zupponn wrote:Dat artillery piece. :guinness:

Pwnerade
Mega Blok

Post by Pwnerade » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:57 am

I happen to like that mech. They don't have to be humanoid-shaped or not-Bionicle to look neat, in my opinion. Good troops, as well. Boonie hats make everything awesome.
An army marches on its stomach, and its favorite food is fudge.

DeltaV
Officer

Post by DeltaV » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:06 am

The only thing I dislike here is the Raptor, with two differently shaped arms and a somewhat confusing design. The tank is cool, with a nice gun and color scheme, it fits the troops. Also a like to the artillery unit.
Brickwars: the only tabletop wargame that allows the units to have sexual intercourse with each other, produce offspring, and then use said offspring as Size 1 Explosives.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:03 pm

The raptor's definitely the weakest, but it's still got good ideas going in it - notably that giant fucking digger.

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Great looking faction. Love the troops!

loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Post by loafofcheese » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:58 am

They need a Centrelink building and a goon bag, just saying.
Only problem with silver bullets is the price of silver.