BrikwaRPG(Collette's version is finished, and probly better)

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Re: BrikwaRPG

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:49 am

Could it be possible to reduce the cost of an ability if it applies only to certain situations? For example, reducing the cost of Bloodlust if it applies only to one or two groups of opponents?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:27 pm

Alright, I fixed and made clear <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> of stuff and added several archetypes. When one starts a character, that character's traits should be zero. Here is what the template looks like so far. Also, Robotmonkey, if you do play a game of this please tell me how balanced/unbalanced it is, and if you had to add rules.
Character Sheet(so far) wrote: Name: Lt. Sgt. Bartleby Hawkeye III
Race: Robot(secretly)
Archetype: Captain Idiot
Good Traits:
Secretly a robot: 5
Bloodlust: 2
Total: 7
Bad Traits:
Darker night: -4
Ugly: -3
Total: 7
STATS
Movement: 5"
Skill: 1d6
Armour: 1d6
Hp: 1
I think HP should increase with levels, but armour should be increased by items. Also I need more bad traits.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Post by Ben-Jammin » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:06 pm

I actually had an idea for something like this a while back. The way I figured it, it would work like this:

6. There is a level system, but it mostly serves to show at what stage your minifig is in. At levels 1-10, you have normal minifig stats. Levels 11-20 gets you bumped up to hero stats, while levels 21-30 give you Champion stats from the Brikwars 2001 supplement.
7. Additionally, at every even-numbered level, you get a +1 bonus that you can add to either your skill, move, or armor.
8. I also planned for a hit point system, but it would be small like what we have in Brikwars nowadays. I was thinking that perhaps instead of a +1 bonus at every even level you could get an extra hit point instead? Don't know for certain.
9. Since it would be possible for you to have incredibly powerful minifigs under this system, you can also set levels for their enemies. This would, in turn, allow them to have bonus HP and skill/move/armor modifiers that would allow them to still be a challenge to the PCs.

Not sure if this helps any with Silverdream's idea, but whatevs.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Ok, here's a few rules I came up with today:

-All characters start the game with D6 HP.
-Even NPCs and enemies get BrikwaRPG stat sheets.
IE:
Zombie-
Race: Undead: (2HP and Tribal are automatic)
Archetype: Hungry for Brains (unable to communicate, will automatically go for nearest NPC/Player)
HP:2 (automatic)

Good traits:
Nashy Teeth: 2

Bad traits:
Useless: -2
Unliscensed: -2
Tribal: (automatic)

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:42 pm

Robotmonkey wrote:Ok, here's a few rules I came up with today:

-All characters start the game with D6 HP.
-Even NPCs and enemies get BrikwaRPG stat sheets.
IE:
Zombie-
Race: Undead: (2HP and Tribal are automatic)
Archetype: Hungry for Brains (unable to communicate, will automatically go for nearest NPC/Player)
HP:2 (automatic)

Good traits:
Nashy Teeth: 2

Bad traits:
Useless: -2
Unliscensed: -2
Tribal: (automatic)
I think that giving good and bad traits to enemies and NPCs is a good idea. Your zombie has given me the idea for this:
Silverdream wrote:Hunger. Cost: -5. After something dies, this minifig must attempt to eat it or drink it's blood.
1d6 hp would also make the game more interesting, but it might be more balanced to have it 1d4+1. That way if someone rolled a one, they can still put a decent fight up.
Image lol j/k

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:55 pm

Hunger shouldn't be so negative. That doesn't sound like a serious enough disability to earn the player all those points.

In other news, you inspired me to get around to making my own tabletop system! Expect a test run this Wednesday.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Or they could upgrade it via leveling, Pocket Dungeon style.

Level Up: in order to gain a level, you must kill 10 enemies / do something that the GM feels constitutes a level up. (IE convincing an angry mob not to kill you, taming a giant beast and then riding it like a bull)
When you level up, you gain 1 Stat Point, or STP. You can spend this on a new Trait, or increase your HP by 1.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:14 pm

mgb519 wrote:Hunger shouldn't be so negative. That doesn't sound like a serious enough disability to earn the player all those points.

In other news, you inspired me to get around to making my own tabletop system! Expect a test run this Wednesday.
The thing is, it should make the medik harder to revive people who've died and then lost valuable organs and fats. It also leaves you open to being attacked.
Image lol j/k

Robot Monkey
My Little Pony

Post by Robot Monkey » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Silva, are you high again?
But speaking of mediks,

Medik (Good trait): 3 : able to revive dead party members / NPCs on UR:4. On a 1, the subject turns into a hostile Zombie.

Clumsy (Bad trait): -3 : Gets a -1 to skill on everything above UR:2.

Mad Medik (Not sure if good or bad): +/- 4 : Revives dead party members / NPCs / enemies into zombies under his command.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Wait wait wait wait wait...

For my Commando 64 droid, does its "Secretly a Robot" trait count towards its good/bad balance, or are Racial traits free?
I mean, it's not trying to pass itself off as an Organic, hence why it has both Racist and Ugly...

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:22 pm

Silverdream wrote: ARCHETYPES

Medic
A sadist who forces others to relive their deaths over and over again, this fig has gone to school for almost a decade to learn the secrets of torture, re-animation, healing and the way of John Sade. Uses medikal feats and usually talks with a thick accent.
"I can only get aroused from flogging."
Literally, the first archetype.

Also, Whiteagle, that's yet to be decided.
Image lol j/k

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:25 pm

Races need to have downsides. Peaches should automatically get tween, and yellows should automatically get racist.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:39 pm

Oblivious Pointman
Sometimes, there will be that guy who is mentally incapable of perceiving threats. This guy will walk across the battlefield in full view of all the enemies, yet never take a hit. He is also probably unaware that he is in a battlefield. He is not particularly skilled at anything, but he makes for an excellent distraction. -1 on all skill rolls, but -2 to skill on all incoming attacks.
"Bobba Fett? Bobba Fett?! Where?!"
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:09 pm

[]
Last edited by cleanupcrew on Thu May 27, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:18 pm

Right. You pay points to not be a racist.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.