BrikwaRPG - Signup

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

BrikwaRPG - Signup

Post by Zupponn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:11 am

So, this is an idea that I had and wanted to test out, so things may go a little rocky, but here goes.

I've been thinking about doing a forum battle that's a mix of a Brikwar and an RPG for a while now, and I think that I'm happy enough with the system to try it out. The premise is this, the characters are exploring a random part of the Brikverse as a group and stuff will happen. Simple enough? All right.

Here is a quick rundown of the system I will be using so far:

Each player will come up with their character's name and class. These are entirely up to you guys. They can be as specific or as detailed as you want. You can even create a short paragraph about your character. I don't care. All I want is to be able to create a minifig for the character that is somewhat what he/she should look like. The less you give me, the more liberty I will take in the minifig's creation.

Next, I want each player to come up with 1 or 2 items for their character to be equipped with. The items are Ranged Weapon, Close Combat Weapon, Shield, and Explosive. Again, you can be as specific or unspecific as to what these items are and I will try and match what you want as best as I can. I just need you to categorize each one of them with one of the 4 categories. If you just want to give me the category, then that's fine too.

Each player will have 5 skill points to spend to create their character. Stats are loosely based off of the Brikwars rules. You may spend your skill points on Skill, Move, Armor, Ranged Weapon, and Close Combat Weapon to a maximum of +3 skill to that attribute. These skill points will improve the appropriate skill or weapon by +1 skill each. (Note: If you have more than 1 Ranged or Close Combat Weapon, please refer to them as Ranged Weapon 1 or 2 or Close Combat Weapon 1 or 2)

Character Skill Chart
Skill
+0: 1d6
+1: 1d6+1
+2: 1d8
+3: 1d10
Move
+0: 5"
+1: 6"
+2: 7"
+3: 8"
Armor
+0: 4
+1: 5
+2: 6
+3: 7
Ranged Weapon
+0: Use:3, Range:6", Damage:1d6
+1: Use:3, Range:7", Damage:1d6+1
+2: Use:3, Range:8", Damage:1d8
+3: Use:3, Range:10", Damage:1d10
Close Combat Weapon
+0: Use:2, Damage:1d6
+1: Use:3, Damage:1d8
+2: Use:4, Damage:1d10
+3: Use:3, Damage:2d6
Shield
Use:2, 1d6 damage parry or 2" shove
Explosives
Use:Once, BOOM!

Please format your submissions in the following format or they will be ignored and/or mocked/laughed at, and you will cry:

(Name)
(Class)
(Item1, Item2)
(Skill Point 1)
(Skill Point 2)
(Skill Point 3)
(Skill Point 4)
(Skill Point 5)
(Optional:Backstory?)

Example:
Hammerman
Knight
War Hammer, Shield
Armor
Armor
Skill
Close Combat Weapon
Close Combat Weapon
Backstory

Each character is going to have 1hp, just like a normal minifig, so if your character dies, then that's the end for you (unless they get raised as a zombie or something). There will also be a system sort of like the Almighty Benny system where if the GM (me) decides that an action preformed by a character is awesome and/or badass, then they will be awarded a skill point to be allocated as soon as it's received. These actions can include killing 3 enemies with one blow, slaying a dragon single-handed, or preforming a 900 while using your fallen enemy as a skateboard. I am also planning on having some skill points be given out for doing predetermined actions in the game that I will know about, but you guys won't. The giving out of skill points is to promote exploration and awesomeness in the game, which is what I believe makes a game fun.

Right now I am taking an unknown number of submissions, but only 1 per person. Once I figure out the cut off (I'm thinking about having somewhere between 5 and 10 right now), then it will be the people who post first who get the spots. If you have any questions or comments or think that I've missed something or made a mistake somewhere, please let me know. I am thinking about possibly starting sometime next week, as I will be very busy for the rest of this week, so that should give you guys plenty of time to get all situated. When this starts, I will be acting as the evil GM bent on killing you all :twisted: (did I say that out loud?), but I am only hoping that we can all have a lot of fun with this and expect the game to be as zany or serious as you guys want it to be (I'm leaning more towards zany and wild than anything, but that might be just me :D ).

With all that said, you can start submitting.
Last edited by Zupponn on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

RagnarokRose
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS
u a MILLION wus and only then shall you become the MISTRESS

Re: BrikwaRPG - Signup

Post by RagnarokRose » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:12 am

It seems everyone's thinking of winging it in the Brikverse today. You, me, and Silver all apparently have plots on the burner, but yours is the only one boiling. I'm in, but there's no way I'm making a character this early, my brains will start coming out of my ears. I'm having enough trouble trying to draft this post.

Character sheet will appear here in due course!
she/her | formerly known as ross_varn | exiled for the good of the f.e.l.c.

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:32 am

Uh, is this future, medieval, or just brikwars? (meaning both)
NO!THERE ARE NO POLAR BEARS IN FINLAND!!!

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:10 am

Rade
Class: Gunslinger
Dual pulse machine pistols (+1 each)
+1 Skill
+1 Move
+1 Armor
Backstory:
Rade is a trained gunslinger, and was once a skilled smuggler. He was thrown off of his ship after some bastard took over his ship and forced all his men into their service. He vows revenge, but before he can do anything he needs to get the hell of of this rock, however that may be, and then he has to find them.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Stormblessed
Hero

Post by Stormblessed » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:52 pm

I am thinking about joining this. But I will provide a definite answer later.
|

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:14 pm

Allright, I'll join. I don't know if you have any of these, but a highlander fig or a gladiator fig or alternatively a viking fig would do for this character. Or just some warrior with a shield and a cc weapon. No beard, though. Stubble is allowed. (you know the grinning mean brown stubble face? that would be perfect)

Krag Hag
Slayer
Longsword, Shield, badass helmet or hair
Skill
Armor
Movement
Cc weapon
Cc weapon
Backstory: Raised by a harsh barbarian tribe in the great Brickdesert Krag Hag grew to the life of a warrior. He had always enjoyed killing things, and when he had his first sword he begun the quest to slay the hated desert blockbots, ancient mummies and all sort of other things too. Eventually, he had slayed the whole damn monster population of the desert. So, he ventured forth, for new things to slay...the bigger and smellier, the better. Same goes with the women he likes (what?)

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:19 pm

The internet swallowed my sheet. Here we go again.

Sir Jeremiah
Hedge Knight
The gun with no name(+2 ranged weapon), A knife that thirsts for blood and violence known only as "Il Duce"
+1 Skill
+2 Armour
Sir Jeremiah is no ordinary knight, under crazy circumstances he was left without lands or a house to pledge allegiance to. Now he has become a lowly sellsword, even selling his sword to buy a gun. All he wants is to be paid to beat up peasants and slay dragons, but today's times fare badly for his innermost desires.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Crevan
Theif/Assasin for hire
Knife and a silenced gun
Skill
Skill
Armor
Armor
Move
Crevan didn't have to go onto the street and do dirty work, his dad was a politic but Crevan knew that didn't get much blood on your hands so he went to the street and started killing and stealing.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:25 pm

SL4Y3RD00D
Kommando 64 Droid
Pistol (+0), Saber (+0)
+2 Skill (1d8)
+1 Move (6")
+2 Armor (6)

SL4Y was once on top, a Pro-league FPS Program known far and wide across the Gaming Grids, but the fame that came with its "leetskillz" also brought with it envy...
One day, some "n00b" challenged SL4Y to a duel and, through the use of forbidden "H4XXZ", was able to best the Pro.
Though it was clear that the "n00b" had cheated, SL4Y rivals in the league used the loss to disgrace it.
Cast down from the heights of digital society, the program was left with only a Kommando 64 shell that had a faulty knee (some mishap involving arrows...) and a few pitiful weapons.
Now SL4Y3RD00D seeks to reclaim its former glory, wandering the Brikverse in search of "3p1c 4ch3vm3nts" to complete.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Khaar
Jedi and Sith Trained Mandalorian
Green Beamsaber, Force Powers
Skill +2
Move +1
Close Combat Weapon +2
Backstory:
Was taken to the Jedi Academy to become a Jedi at a very young age. Just before taking the test to become a Jedi Knight, he runs away and trains with the Sith. After a while, he discovers that the Sith don't appeal to him either. So he runs away from them as well. After many years of being a drifter, he discovers the Mandalorians and finds there ideals are similar to his. Now he is a mercenary, but only goes after jobs he deems "worthy" of his assistance. He has both the usual Sith (Lighting, choking, etc.) and Jedi powers (Force Push, etc.), but only uses them when forced to. Physical traits( if possible) Black hair, some beard stubble on his head, Mandalorian Body, and either Jean or Black Legs.
Last edited by Kalvinator on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Ross_Varn wrote:It seems everyone's thinking of winging it in the Brikverse today. You, me, and Silver all apparently have plots on the burner, but yours is the only one boiling. I'm in, but there's no way I'm making a character this early, my brains will start coming out of my ears. I'm having enough trouble trying to draft this post.
Trying to draft the post? Do you mean trying to digest it?
Killer Karetsu wrote:Uh, is this future, medieval, or just brikwars? (meaning both)
Just Brikwars. I'm not going to be very picky about this battle. I want it to be as crazy as possible, so having a group composing of something along the lines of a Knight, a Spaceman, a Hobbit, a Programmer, and Bozo the Clown would be a pretty good group in my opinion.

EDIT: Added a new paragraph to the OP for some rules that I forgot to mention. I think I have everything else covered then. I'm torn between how I want orders to work, as I could go the traditional route with turns and everything, but the system that stubby used in his forum battle might be better suited to something like this. In that system people sent in orders as soon as their previous orders were done so that stubby didn't have to hunt everyone down for their orders.

alphafalcon541
Dimmy

Post by alphafalcon541 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:30 am

Um, I'm in. If you have a aqua raider laying around and a gold visor then that's great.

Ghost
Bad-ass all round soldier
Power axe, and 2+ plasma rocket launcher
1+ armor
2+ movement
Backstory: Born into a life of war, on the streets of Cam, Ghost is a soldier in the Eagle Strike Force. He is an immortal, and has been for the last 600 years. He loves big explosions and, if he gets the chance nukes. He loves his guns and always is able to grab a new one from his huge bag when needed. He is bad-ass :D He has a great craving for pizza.
Last edited by alphafalcon541 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway

Killer Karetsu
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Killer Karetsu » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:01 am

Krag Hag COULD be something like this. I can't decide between a sword and a spear, but it's not a big deal.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:28 am

Rade faces off an ambush by two thugs.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:18 am

Those pics definitely are helpful. :D