BW 2010 feedback

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

mercury19
different
Location: The dark corners of my brooding, angst filled mind.

Re: BW 2010 feedback

Post by mercury19 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:46 pm

aoffan23 wrote:EDIT: Mercury, because Ham apparently doesn't have anything useful to say, they're not finished/published yet.
Alright thanks.
Ask now what I'm doing, even for me :mystery:

Tzan wrote:
"The frontiers of space are a giant sausage fest." ~ Admiral Ackbar

http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... han_Empire the Avokhan article

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:07 pm

So, are the 2005 Rules still relevant?

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Kalvinator wrote:So, are the 2005 Rules still relevant?
Yes.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:28 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
Kalvinator wrote:So, are the 2005 Rules still relevant?
Yes.
Okay, so the 2010 rules haven't taken affect yet?

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:32 am

Let's put it this way: You're the one using the rules. If you think 2005 is best that's your perogative. The only time you need to worry about what rules other people are using is if you're playing against other people from the forums.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Kalvinator
in need of one still

Post by Kalvinator » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:40 am

sjosten wrote:Let's put it this way: You're the one using the rules. If you think 2005 is best that's your perogative. The only time you need to worry about what rules other people are using is if you're playing against other people from the forums.
Thanks. I was just wondering for forum battle's, so I wouldn't sound like that new guy that barely knows the rules. So, I guess I'll probably read the 2010 rules. Also, about the rulebook, will chapters 10 and 11 ever be finished, or did they just give up on them...?

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:07 am

The 1995 rules are still relevant.

They're not complete, but if you go through 2005 you can substitute pretty much all of the gaps seamlessly.

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:06 pm

Yeah, 2010 and 2005 are similar enough that you can pick out what you like from 2010 and incorporate it into 2005. Or vice versa. Anything not covered by 2010 yet, just use 2005. Or :fudge:
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:34 pm

I played a game using some of the 2010 rules at Brick Forge. We found the rules for automatic weapons and fire to be kind of a pain in the ass to keep track of.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Gungnir wrote:I played a game using some of the 2010 rules at Brick Forge. We found the rules for automatic weapons and fire to be kind of a pain in the ass to keep track of.
This is the kind of feedback I like to hear. Could you be more specific? What about them was a pain in the ass?
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Stormblessed
Hero

Post by Stormblessed » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:55 pm

Kalvinator wrote:
sjosten wrote:Let's put it this way: You're the one using the rules. If you think 2005 is best that's your perogative. The only time you need to worry about what rules other people are using is if you're playing against other people from the forums.
Thanks. I was just wondering for forum battle's, so I wouldn't sound like that new guy that barely knows the rules. So, I guess I'll probably read the 2010 rules. Also, about the rulebook, will chapters 10 and 11 ever be finished, or did they just give up on them...?
I would like to point out that you (and I) are noobies that haven't memorized the rules of Brikwars.
|

ColourSchemer
Officer

Post by ColourSchemer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:02 pm

I have playtested all of the rules that I've read thus far, and not a single minifig has survived. Mainly due to a spastic cult swatting everything from the table.

I approve of the vast and expansive use of white space in the new rules to represent the bleekness of ABS warfare, though perhaps a bit more ink would remind the player that they indeed are not masters of their own fate.

I'm grinning like a velociraptor in a preschool about the Mechanik returning, being fully half of the construction/deconstruction D2 paradigm. His absence these years was painful like Celine Dion playing over a stranded elevator speaker.

Can't wait to see what Chapter 34 will look like.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:50 pm

God dammit man, don't tempt him!

He has the power to draw things that cannot be unseen!
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:00 am

stubby wrote:
Gungnir wrote:I played a game using some of the 2010 rules at Brick Forge. We found the rules for automatic weapons and fire to be kind of a pain in the ass to keep track of.
This is the kind of feedback I like to hear. Could you be more specific? What about them was a pain in the ass?
Nobody wanted to read the rules for automatic weapons, but I think I can explain it to them in a simpler way.
As for fire, we had trouble figuring out if something caught fire, as well as keeping track of things that were on fire and how on fire they were.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

IX_Legion
Minifig

Post by IX_Legion » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:40 am

Gungnir wrote:
stubby wrote:
Nobody wanted to read the rules for automatic weapons, but I think I can explain it to them in a simpler way.
As for fire, we had trouble figuring out if something caught fire, as well as keeping track of things that were on fire and how on fire they were.
I've tried both automatic weapons and fire rules, and they seemed to run fine for me, as long as there wasn't much on fire. If you use regular and grinding damage for fire at the same time (at least that's how I read it), a minifig will die pretty quickly. After the first turn, his armor becomes 3, then 2, then 1 (and he will only survive if the fire goes out).

Use little red 1x1 studs for marking who is on fire, and black 1x1 for each point of grinding damage.
This should be in the Rulebook somewhere:

"Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives"
-Valkyrie (the movie)