Buzzer Hive

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby alphafalcon541 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Sorry but I thought the tank would help. And yes I already simmered down and yes I already died on THE HILL. And also sorry Whiteagle I do like your creations just I was a little annoyed from what happened last year. Anyway same question as RunsWithLegos IRL's please. Also whatever happened to Warhead I was really looking forward to FICO :cry:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image
User avatar
alphafalcon541
Dimmy
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: War torn Oregon

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby RunsWithLegos » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:32 pm

Warhead is still among us biding his time[irl shit i presume is in the way]
User avatar
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby alphafalcon541 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:35 pm

kind of annoying though until he shows his face we only have a few awesome forum battles nothing like ZZD though
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image
User avatar
alphafalcon541
Dimmy
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: War torn Oregon

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby RunsWithLegos » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:43 pm

As much as i'd like to continue our conversation It is completely off topic.


Anyways i'd suggest A tank destroyer bug, somthing light but heavy hitting.
User avatar
RunsWithLegos
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2857
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:45 pm
Location: Colorado, USA

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby alphafalcon541 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:48 pm

true it is of topic but if you have an answer pm me
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image
User avatar
alphafalcon541
Dimmy
 
Posts: 614
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: War torn Oregon

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby HHD » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:30 am

I can scramble together a few drones once my little bro stops f*cking with all the drone parts
I change my signature so much it become a quote of the day system but, no more!
User avatar
HHD
Hero
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:01 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby Bragallot » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:20 am

aoffan23 wrote:
Whiteacres wrote:Well Robert A. Heinlein's estate might not approve of me coping some of those films creature designs, but at least I have a Bug who is a Tool-user like in the book.


Wat.


I think what he means is his bugs are more like the 'originals' Robert A. Heinlein described in the Starship Troopers novel than the ones most of us are familiar with through the movies and animated tv series (to my surprise I found out today that there was an actual OVA series on Starship Troopers as well, wut). I've yet to read the book but apparently the other adaptations are quite different from it.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights
 
Posts: 5406
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Internship

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby Whiteagle » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:38 am

Bragallot wrote:I think what he means is his bugs are more like the 'originals' Robert A. Heinlein described in the Starship Troopers novel than the ones most of us are familiar with through the movies and animated tv series (to my surprise I found out today that there was an actual OVA series on Starship Troopers as well, wut). I've yet to read the book but apparently the other adaptations are quite different from it.

Indeed, it is THE codifer for what qualifies as a "Space Marine".
I haven't gotten around to reading it myself, but I think the OVA and the new CGI Movie are much closer then the films.
Paul Verhoeven made those to be an anti-militarism parody...

And I did say that I like the Drone and Bug, those actually have some inventive use of Space Skeleton bodies.
It sounds like HHD will actually be able to build these, which is better then simple, lack-luster LDD builds.
User avatar
Whiteagle
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1565
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby Bragallot » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:52 am

It seems they're finally going to include the power armour as well in Invasion. The movies were great because of the satire, sadly lots of people were too stupid to understand that part :roll:
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights
 
Posts: 5406
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Internship

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby Tzan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:16 am

Image
User avatar
Tzan
Blockguy
 
Posts: 5102
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:41 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby aoffan23 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Bragallot wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:
Whiteacres wrote:Well Robert A. Heinlein's estate might not approve of me coping some of those films creature designs, but at least I have a Bug who is a Tool-user like in the book.


Wat.


I think what he means is his bugs are more like the 'originals' Robert A. Heinlein described in the Starship Troopers novel than the ones most of us are familiar with through the movies and animated tv series (to my surprise I found out today that there was an actual OVA series on Starship Troopers as well, wut). I've yet to read the book but apparently the other adaptations are quite different from it.


When I said "wat" it was because I was confused about what that had to do with what I said.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.



I agree with Warhead.
User avatar
aoffan23
Pooplord
 
Posts: 3236
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Location: America's conjoined twin.

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby Arkbrik » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:54 am

The Starship Troopers movie is among my favorite movies ever. It is completely different from the book, which, while good, I can't say is one of my favorite books...

Also: GODDAMN BUGS WHACKED US JOHNNY
Remus: Harry... I'm a werewolf.
Harry: Are you fucking serious?
Remus: Well yes, but I don't see how that applies here.
User avatar
Arkbrik
Pooplord
 
Posts: 2551
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:18 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby Bragallot » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:32 am

aoffan23 wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:
Whiteacres wrote:Well Robert A. Heinlein's estate might not approve of me coping some of those films creature designs, but at least I have a Bug who is a Tool-user like in the book.


Wat.


I think what he means is his bugs are more like the 'originals' Robert A. Heinlein described in the Starship Troopers novel than the ones most of us are familiar with through the movies and animated tv series (to my surprise I found out today that there was an actual OVA series on Starship Troopers as well, wut). I've yet to read the book but apparently the other adaptations are quite different from it.


When I said "wat" it was because I was confused about what that had to do with what I said.


Clearly Whiteagle was trying to write it off as 'at least Heinlein would approve, so I shouldn't be sued.'
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
User avatar
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights
 
Posts: 5406
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Internship

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby Legofighter » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:36 am

Arkbrik wrote:The Starship Troopers movie is among my favorite movies ever. It is completely different from the book, which, while good, I can't say is one of my favorite books...

Also: GODDAMN BUGS WHACKED US JOHNNY



Speaking of movies, I like the LOTR books more than the movies. You got 100 pages at the end full of sometimes nice, sometimes boring but overall interesting stuff.
From the frigid cold of Canada, -40 year long.
User avatar
Legofighter
Minifig
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:42 pm
Location: Frozen land of Canada

Re: Buzzer Hive

Postby lawmaster » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:11 am

Legofighter wrote:
Arkbrik wrote:The Starship Troopers movie is among my favorite movies ever. It is completely different from the book, which, while good, I can't say is one of my favorite books...

Also: GODDAMN BUGS WHACKED US JOHNNY



Speaking of movies, I like the LOTR books more than the movies. You got 100 pages at the end full of sometimes nice, sometimes boring but overall interesting stuff.

Agreed.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*
User avatar
lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw
 
Posts: 792
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:32 am
Location: Over the rainbow

Previous

Return to The Armoury

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest