Battles of Westeron - Overview

Like a Dewey Decimal system of destruction

Moderator: OneEye589

Battles of Westeron - Overview

Postby Bragallot » Thu May 26, 2011 11:43 am

A summary of my battles and story thus far.

Part I: Prelude to Chaos

Chapter I: Grave Tidings

The Bull threat at the border of the Kingdom of Westeron was made painfully clear by this narrowly failed ambush on Queen Lara. The skirmish would prelude an age of chaos...

Chapter II: A Kingdom In Turmoil

To make matters worse an unknown undead threat gripped the Kingdom's Imperial borderlands just as they were preparing to fight off the Bulls. The reign of terror was only stopped thanks to the resurfacing of the Dwellers, an ancient faction that had served the Kingdom in ages past and had now come to rejoin them.

Chapter III: Desperate Alliances

The Bulls pushed into Kingdom territory, destroying the Imperial forces commanded by sir Cales that guarded the border. During the battle, mysterious undead lead by the believed to be dead necromancer Phineus and a new unknown race, the 'Water Demons' appeared. Their intentions were unclear, but it couldn't be anything good.

Chapter IV: Incursion in the Southlands

In the South of the Kingdom the Hitokiri began to experience invasions from unknown enemies who used portals to attack them. They didn't know, but these attacks were only the prelude of a bigger invasion.

Prelude to Chaos: Conclusion

The 'Empire', the Kingdom faction that controlled the border, attempted to make common cause with their former enemies the Bulls in order to rebel against the rest of the Kingdom. This plan backfired horribly when the Bulls were convinced to join the Kingdom instead and the Imperials were all destroyed, leaving the Bulls to take their place.

During the struggle however, Phineus' undead overran the border fortress of Starkeep.

The Water Demons fought the Kingdom for three long years, until one of their leaders was captured. He revealed his people were slaves to a greater power that had also been staging the attacks through the portals: the Falx Republic.

Part II: War of the Portals

The Rise of Junatan

The Kingdom spans the Western part of the isle of Westeron, but at the Eastern shores lies the desert nation of Kerrat, which was once a part of the Kingdom. They were ruled over by Junatan, a mage who was secretly working together with the undead to bring down the Kingdom. Two brave Kerratian knights, Sir Garth and Sir Xalen, found out about his schemes, but they had no evidence, so they were forced to flee and branded deserters.

Chapter V: Enemy At The Gates

Phineus' undead attacked the Kingdom's border fortress of Riverbreed, which was guarded by the Bulls. The Falx Republic simultaneously also tried to claim the fortress. Xalen and Garth were trying to make their way into the Kingdom, and had to fight their way through the battle. The fight ended when the Bull commander Valarius blew Riverbreed up to keep it from falling into enemy hands and Phineus was destroyed, his undead horde dispersed.

The King's Council

The King called upon his war council to stave off the many problems the Kingdom was facing. The Bulls had fallen to infighting, the Kingdom's borders had fallen and Kerrat was invading because the Kingdom had given asylum to the 'deserters' Garth and Xalen, the Falx Republic were invading through the use of their portals, and there was no way to be sure whether or not the undead threat still persisted.

Chapter VI: Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us

The outcome of the Bull rebellion was decided in one bloody clash. The Kingdom Loyalists prevailed and Valarius, the instigator of the rebellion, was destroyed by Xalen, but the Bulls were severely weakened by the struggle.

Chapter VI: The Fords of Gelron

The Waterdemons, now loyal to the Kingdom, destroyed a large Kerratian host that had been plaguing the borderlands for months.

Chapter VII: Freedom's Blood

The Falx Republic managed to gain a foothold in the Kingdom briefly, but they were quickly destroyed by the combined forces of the Kingdom under command of Queen Lara. During the battle, the few remaining Bull Rebels escaped through one of the Falx's portals. Because Queen Lara believed sir Xalen had endangered his allies during the fight, the knight was banished from the Kingdom.

Chapter VIII: The Siege of Starkeep

Sir Cales, the former Imperial marshal of the borderlands, returned to serve the Kingdom after he'd been missing for years. He successfully took back Starkeep and secured the Kingdom's passes, forcing Junatan's nation of Kerrat to abort their invasion of the Kingdom.

Chapter IX: Blood in the Sand

With everything again under relative control, the King sent the Bulls and the Golden Lions to destroy Kerrat once and for all. They met a large host of Kerratian defenders across the desert. A fierce battle raged, but no side managed to get the upper hand. Neither side still had the strength to attack each other after this battle. Thus the conflict came to a standstill.

After this the story split into three arcs:

Part III, Arc 1: Sir Garth's Campaign

While war raged all over Westeron, Sir Garth and the Dwellers were desperately trying to reach Phineus' Black Citadel, to make sure the necromancer was dead and wouldn't profit from all the death and suffering the war would no doubt bring.

Part III, Arc 2: The Crimson Crusade

While Garth was exploring the North, Queen Lara decided a counter-offensive against the Falx Republic was needed. She dubbed the campaign 'the Crimson Crusade'. Many answered the call of the Crusade, from noble lords to simple adventurers. The army was growing rapidly, all they needed was a portal of their own to reach the Falx World...

Part III, Arc 3: The Fall

Chapter X: Mill Village Raid

Just as the Falx raids were beginning to diminish, thanks to Queen Lara's efforts, new raiders started showing up in Kingdom lands. One such force attacked the village around James the Black's castle, but the knights of the realm, previously assigned to the crusade, managed to destroy the raiding force as well as a force under General Croses of the Falx Republic that wanted to disrupt the upcoming crusade by seizing Kingdom territory.

Chapter XI: The Haunted Wilds

The new invaders were recognized as Drakhirri, hailing from the island of Draklon, an island near the west coast of Westeron which had managed to remain hidden for ages, having become little more than a myth. A combined force of Bulls and Cales' newly assembled Imperial Army pursued the Drakhirri East, to the border of the kingdom. However, it turned out to be a trap, as the Drakhirri and Imperials suddenly worked together to eradicate the Bulls. The traitor Cales declared the victory the first of many that would be won by his New Empire.
Last edited by Bragallot on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:17 pm, edited 55 times in total.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Zahru II » Thu May 26, 2011 12:07 pm

Great idea! Nice to see how the pieces fit together.
Zahru II
Anime Girl

Postby enders_shadow » Thu May 26, 2011 3:30 pm

yes, I forgot about some of these, the fight at the river was still my favorite, no matter how elaborate they become... the water was a great obstacle, and the forces were well commanded, without too much extra stuff to confuse people.
TROLOLO
enders_shadow
Playmobil

Postby Bragallot » Thu May 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Updated, and the 4th round of Grave Tidings has been fixed with less picture fail.

Grave Tidings is still my own personal favourite for some reason... Desperate Alliances was a lot of fun too :) Too bad I didn't finish it.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Bragallot » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:09 am

Freedom's Blood added to the list!
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Bragallot » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Siege of Starkeep added.
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Silverdream » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:08 pm

Just a tip, the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Maximus, I'm Dying

Postby Tzan » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.

Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?
Tzan
Blockguy

Postby Bragallot » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:28 am

Darn. Thanks for pointing that out, Silva. Have another fortune cookie (before Tzan finds his teeth and eats it).
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Re: Battles of Westeron - Overview

Postby Bragallot » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:36 am

Thread reworked and updated, again.
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Scratch » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Will the undead ever fight the Falx directly? A baddie on baddie fight is always fun to watch, there is no moral guidelines restricting either.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.
Scratch
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Zupponn » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:09 pm

I hope to lead Voytek into battle again someday. :)
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby Bragallot » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:50 pm

It's unlikely. Never say never though. Since this is Brikwars, you won't have to worry about those moral guidelines either way.
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Warhead » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:20 pm

It was a privileged and honor to take some small part in some of these games. The Bulls will always be my favorite faction. :guinness:
Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Return to Forum Battle Top Threads