What do you think about CUUSOO's current state?

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Re: What do you think about CUUSOO's current state?

Post by dilanski » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm

CUUSOO Has worked as shown by the kits it has produced, however TLG isn't using retail stores for distribution, probably because most of the sets wouldn't sell in huge numbers. As for the ideas that haven't got through, well most of them were either unsuitable completely, or had themes against what Lego want to 'endorse'.

Does anyone else have high hopes for the EVE Rifter ship? The model looks good, the developer of EVE, CCP has been 100% supportive of the idea, with Lego kits showing up in some of there development videos, and they advertised the CUUSOO page at the game log-in screen, plus the game doesn't go much further than SW in terms of content, only nothing bad ever happens on screen.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED

Insert_blank
おたく
おたく

Post by Insert_blank » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:03 pm

I agree with the OP. Cuusoo is really cool but I was just on there and half the ideas were different Starwars ships for different Clone Trooper groups. Modular Western looks awesome and I will totally buy all of those if they come out but like Back to the Future? Zelda? I have little interest in those. I think Cuusoo should be more about your own ideas, not different movies and games you think are cool.

This is the coolest thing I've seen on Cuusoo and I would love to see this on shelves but more people seem to want SW stuff anf their favorite movies/games. http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/1297 Can you imagine a Brikwar on this thing?

The Space Marine idea looks cool too and they did just make the Galaxy Patrol figure. Actually I have a theory they're going to be making that. The Aliens theme last year was the first time aliens invaded Earth and now maybe in the next one we're going to return the favor to them.
Just Monika

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:04 am

*Looks at Space Marine page*
*Sees 6667 supporters*
:666:

sjosten
Minifig

Re: CUUSO is dying!

Post by sjosten » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:20 am

Spoiler
Show
Yes I know I'm a few days late, but at least I didn't wait until it counted as a necro.
Colette wrote:barring practically all IPs that aren't at a my little penises-level of appropriateness
They actually shot down My Little penises. Nukes can't get in, even when they're also rainbows.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Re: CUUSO is dying!

Post by Silverdream » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Colette wrote: I mean, I didn't care much for the Serenity project, but they rejected it on the grounds that the theme was "inappropriate" and "not for the target audience." The heck? I don't know much about the show, but it doesn't seem to give off the impression of a pr0nographic gorn fest, and in fact according to that commonsense media website it is within the TLG target range (which I assume is 7-12). Even if it was somehow in actuality a pr0nographic gorn fest and I just didn't know it was, TLG is willing to make Avengers sets, a movie that features somebody's eye getting gouged out? I don't even at their hypocrisy.
Zoe Alleyne Washburne wrote:"If they take the ship, they'll snuggle us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skins into their clothing. And, if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order."
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Gungnir
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Gungnir » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 pm

I hate the fact that there are typically a million of the same thing on there. Do you know how many Doctor Who posts have been made? Too many, for sure.
If people would just search for stuff they want, and then support it, Lego might already be making Doctor Who stuff.
BrikThulhu eats 1d6 minifigs each turn.

lorbaat
Minifig

Post by lorbaat » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:10 pm

Gungnir wrote:Lego might already be making Doctor Who stuff.
I'm relatively sure the fine folks at Character Building would probably have a thing or two to say about that.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Character Building had Batman for awhile, don't forget. Licenses change hands all the time.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

lorbaat
Minifig

Post by lorbaat » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:43 pm

stubby wrote:Character Building had Batman for awhile, don't forget. Licenses change hands all the time.
My MegaBlox Iron Man has no idea what you're talking about.

Whiteagle
whiteeagle problems
whiteeagle problems

Post by Whiteagle » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:44 pm

I've honestly never been much of a Cuusoo guy... for some reason their registration scares me off...

Still, I wonder how well received a combination of two great Lego themes into one would be...

Space Western!

dilanski

Post by dilanski » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:35 pm

The winter review deadline has just passed and both qualifiers are practically lemons. So CUUSOO is it dead dying or decomposed?
Almond Status: ACTIVATED