Rainbow War II: Jellybean Apocalypse Pt. 2, Turn 1

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: Rainbow War II: Jellybean Apocalypse Pt. 2, Turn 1

Post by stubby » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:09 am

Apollyon wrote:Wow, talking bout how to sneak into a place! The Brikwars way!
This is why it makes such a difference to pick the right players for your factions. My fear was that IVasscus and Stalin would follow the purple wizard's default suggestions and just bore us all for the first couple of turns, but it turns out there was nothing to worry about in that regard.

Oh a couple of notes I forgot in the summary above - I wasn't able to find a way to stash IVasscus's shield on his back, so he's stuck holding the explosive and shield for the time being, with the sword on his back instead. Spider Gymnastix requires that you end your turn in a stable position, which normally means anything you can stand on or hold onto is fair game, but with both hands full your options will be more limited. Finally, if you want to remain Stealthed then you'll have to either move at half speed or find some way to scramble around that doesn't take you out of cover. Right now you're hidden by the bulk of the catapult on the carriage roof.

I'm house-ruling that the far shore is safe from detection for now, since it's still dark and the wagon crash has created a huge distraction, so Stalin can still run around at full speed if he wants. This could change at any moment if the VladTrons' attention is given a reason to shift in that direction.

In the photo of the rubbernecking VladTrons, you can see a guy with a crown and magic scepter leaning over from the gatehouse tower - he's not a king or anything, he's just the gatehouse keeper.

Lastly, don't forget that the last part of your main objective is escaping back to Mocia to take command of your faction armies and lead them into battle. You won't be able to outrun the VladTron cavalry on foot, so you'll either need to find a way to prevent them from chasing you or find an alternate means of transportation to replace the carriage you just crashed.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

stubby

Post by stubby » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:17 am

stubby wrote:I wasn't able to find a way to stash IVasscus's shield on his back, so he's stuck holding the explosive and shield for the time being
If I think of a way to do this later, I'll retroactively switch it so that he has the shield on his back instead. I wonder if there's a way to use a BrickArms U-clip to hook it to the sword handle.

Predator
Dimmy

Post by Predator » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:12 pm

stubby wrote:
stubby wrote:I wasn't able to find a way to stash IVasscus's shield on his back, so he's stuck holding the explosive and shield for the time being
If I think of a way to do this later, I'll retroactively switch it so that he has the shield on his back instead. I wonder if there's a way to use a BrickArms U-clip to hook it to the sword handle.
You can, if you put the shield sideways.
mr.duckie wrote:
SirCheese wrote:I will be neutral. (Cuz I don't want to make enemies)
Get Him!!!! :fist:
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Silverdream wrote:Gaze upon my cyan complexion
And fall in love with my flying perfection
I am a pegasus of awesomeness shaped by sonic rainbooms
Sonic Rainbooms
All over my sky.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:46 pm

Rubber Band.

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Zupponn wrote:Rubber Band.
This. If I absolutely have to drop something so I can hold onto a ledge or something, preference goes to the shield, then the sword, then the explosive.

If I'm already hidden, imma remain stationary until I turn invisible.

stubby

Post by stubby » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Sorry about the mometary delay - got sidetracked putting up the new website this week, and next week I'm out of the country again. Will resume week of Aug 6.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:49 pm

stubby wrote:Sorry about the mometary delay - got sidetracked putting up the new website this week, and next week I'm out of the country again. Will resume week of Aug 6.
No worries. We will sit and wait patiently, chewing off our fingers.

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:47 am

Sorry if I'm too late to contribute to the shield thing, but I generally use wax. I had a bunch left over from when I had braces a little while ago, and it worked pretty well.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.