The Keep of The Beast

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Bragallot, RedRover, Natalya

Scratch
Reihawk

The Keep of The Beast

Post by Scratch » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:50 am

I am not sure if this would be better in Bricks, but it does also include the significant number of people who guard and live in the keep.
Established as the fallback point during the war against the Shadow, the keep was built upon the site famous battle known as "The Battle of the Unknown Victor"

It was later used as a retreat for the royal family during times of war in the First Kingdom, and this position has remained through its fall and into the Second Kingdom.

The inhabitants of the Keep will be shown first, as this thread is in the Armory.

Most of the inhabitants of the castle doing some swordplay practice.

The Royal family, the ones who were not shown in the royal army thread are the Queen and the younger Princess.

Various residents of the keep, including the court battle jester, fluffles, The Blue Woman (a court adviser), A shadow master smith, two Quartermasters (elite guards), and an old adventurer who saved the world countless times in the past.

The castle's principle guards,(aside from the quartermasters) House Empyrean. The man at arms wields the powerful Dagger-lance, the Half-Elf dude there is Lord Edric Empyrean, he is engaged to the king's older daughter and thus is charged with protecting the Keep, he wields a large scythe and fields 3 archers with capable melee capabilities.

And now for exterior shots.

Blurry, because I was holding the camera in the air, the ones when the camera was on the table are better.

side shots, I just notice the yellowed brick on some parts, it does not show irl. Also note the pattern, that was a pain in the ass.

Back side

The King and his son discussing matters of state (or the latest brikball games) in the King's chamber.

A more clear shot of the front.

A view of the archers stations.

The back entrance with the iconic icon, less defended because it only leads to a well spring and then is blocked by a sheer cliff.

Top view, the quartermaster fell over due to the halbard being too heavy for the old coot.

The castle splits into two because I was originally going to just make a big wall, then it turned into a Castle. The stairs are only safely navigable by the king, the crown prince, and the quartermasters, as no one else knows how the hell to climb the non-euclidean stairs. (the space was just to small to add a good set of stairs, so anyone besides the king and his quartermasters has a chance of never getting out the other side.)

That all,it was my first large scale build since my failed SHIP that is still sitting around after 2-3 years of dust. I will likely be adding details on the inside and or redesigning some stuff. Tell me what you think!
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Warhead
kaka pants

Re: The Keep of The Beast

Post by Warhead » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:52 pm

I like it! Looks like a very Norman style fortress. Not sure about the beast, not scary enough but when it comes to Lego I hardly ever get frightened... mostly. I'm so taking the Battle Jester idea, thanks! *YOINK!*

Suggestions: Needs a dungeon for kinky slap and tickle games with the enemy (winter nights get so dull) and a store room of provisions/arms and livestock with optional secret way out/in for night time sorties into enemy lines to burn siege engines or dramatic battles with surprise treachery. Watch the film Ironclad for castle siege brutality and ideas...

Good sturdy castle. My Undead Army of Darkness would like to visit, put the tea on. :guinness:

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Thanks for the compliments!
I will address the points mentioned:
If you knew why it is called the Keep of The Beast it would be less ominous.
most battle jesters are named after little kittens for future reference.
Dungeon and weapon stores are a great idea, my Livestock is all in another castle/farm village that will be posted later.
It does have a secret way in and out, but if I showed you where it was it wouldn't be secret anymore.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Warhead wrote:Good sturdy castle. My Undead Army of Darkness would like to visit, put the tea on. :guinness:
:trap:
court battle jester
:sparta:

I like this castle, it's kinda square but looks interesting with the different shades on the wall and the more detailed backside. Great figs, also.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:02 pm

Kitten names, LOL! :D