Planetside 2

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Re: Planetside 2

Post by Tzan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:43 pm

I signed up for beta earlier today.
Which means I'll get my invite 1 day before release.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:00 pm

The Voice of the Republic wrote:
"We came here in peace, with the dream of exploration.

Through the strength and unity of The Republic, we have reached and grasped the stars themselves.

Only through the power of our collective will could we traverse the endless fathoms of the galaxy and find our new home.

For the betterment of ALL mankind we have acheived mighty deeds. We have become like unto gods in our power and reach. Never before has the human race attained such glory, and it is all due to the loyalty of the Terran people.

Yet there are those who think they have a "better" way.

These terrorists -these usurpers of power- would destroy a way of life we've cherished for hundreds of years, and for what? Technology? Corporate profits?

This self-styled "New Conglomerate" would destroy our democratic traditions, handing our way of life over to their corporate masters. They sells us oligarchy, and they call it "freedom." I name it what it is: Fascism!

And even worse- these so-called "Vanu." They seek not only to destroy our civilization, but our very humanity! They claim these alien artifacts to be the key to the future. But whose future? Toying with technologies beyond their understanding, they risk our very existence for some theological insanity!

For too long we have allowed these destroyers of a peaceful, stable republic to fester and grow like a cancer.

For too long have our our beliefs, our homes and our own children fallen victim to their radical, destructive ways.

I stand before you and I say, NO MORE! Today we stand. Today we fight. Today we show these blights upon humanity what they have feared in their dark hearts all along...

The Republic will never stop. The Republic will never surrender. We will fight and die until every single one of them is wiped from the face of Auraxis forever. When we claim blood and honor, we MEAN blood and honor!! From today until the last day, The Terran Republic will Fight, and we will win!

Loyalty Until Death!"
http://soundcloud.com/neil-stryker/terrandeclaration
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:42 pm

Announcing: The Outfit!

Watch me for Patriotism!
This will be the Brikwars outfit! Hurrah! Both fun and deliciously Brikwarsy. Just post in here if you will sign up and play Terran Republic. Loyalty until death!

Just make a post here, and i'll sign off your orders. I would prefer PS1 vets and/or people with Microphones to be Officers.
A note on Organisation-
The entire outfit is headed by Myself, Maj. Matthewbri. Division COs are Senior Captains- There is a fleet Captain and one MI Captain right now. Each Division is composed of two Companies. Companies are composed of Two Platoons. Each Platoon is headed by a Lt., with the Captain of the Company taking one Platoon for himself. Each Platoon is composed of two squads of 12, for a total of twenty-four men per Platoon and forty-eight men per company. Fleet works the same way, but with a name change- Fleet(Division), Task Group(Company), Picket(Platoon), Squadron(Squad).

Current Roster:

Unit CO: Matthewbri

Fleet CO: N/A- Fleet Members badly wanted!(Flying and such!)

1st Division, 1st Company CO: MGB519

1D./1C./1st Platoon CO: MGB519
1st Platoon "The Vultures":
MGB519
Vokul
Lolipop
Stewartale

2nd Platoon CO: N/A
2nd Platoon:
Nobody yet!
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Can I have a unit specialized in "tactical insertions" called the Ice Cream Men?
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:11 pm

:wtc:

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:35 am

What's this "Tactical insertion" bullshit? Is your definition anywhere near as awesome as flying transports over the enemy and having your dudes jump out and glide down, raining death from the air? If so, welcome to the Vultures, motherfucker. If not...welcome to the Vultures, motherfucker.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:48 pm

New recruit: " I can has super secret sniper mans? "
Recruitment officer: "Welcome to the Vultures motherfucker! " :csi:

( yea! we got big emotes on the edit window now, thanks man! )

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

Ham
A 701 error is fine too.
A 701 error is fine too.

Post by Ham » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:43 pm

I refuse to have mgb be my commanding officer. He'll have a million strategies but no follow through!
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.
Wightbagel died for our sins.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm glad that you've accomplished so much more than I. That must mean that you've made an entire video game or two which provides hours of in depth story and gameplay without any sort of training or teammates to work with.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:20 pm

mgb519 wrote:I'm glad that you've accomplished so much more than I. That must mean that you've made an entire video game or two which provides hours of in depth story and gameplay without any sort of training or teammates to work with.
I think his claim to fame is more along the lines of never claiming that he would.

(And then, having succeeded in not making claims like that in the first place, he then compounds his success by not going on to get bizarrely angry when no one believes them. He's practically a success machine.)

(lol I just called Ham a success machine)

Tzan wrote:( yea! we got big emotes on the edit window now, thanks man! )
God damn it! I hate those big emotes. Who's responsible for this?
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Tzan

Post by Tzan » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Some trolling code genius.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:20 pm

Success is running out of inspiration nine times and having an idea the tenth.
Tzan wrote:
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:47 pm

That's what always amazes me, no matter how many times we go through this you still think ideas = success
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

501stCadians
Galidor
Galidor

Post by 501stCadians » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:51 pm

stubby wrote:That's what always amazes me, no matter how many times we go through this you still think ideas = success
Bahahahaha.