Death to Britannia

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Re: Death to Britannia

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:02 am

The problem with Semaj is that his stories are actually brikwars. Bragallot's are forum battles.

I nominate Lt. Krus, the only one who did these kind of things (other than me, already a mod, and silva, who will never be mod)

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:11 am

I nominate me, because I'm awesome.

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:16 am

Silverdream wrote:I think that if people pity me, I'll regain my title as moderator. Plus you're forgetting something, I only know four different jokes: Pity jokes, Sex jokes, I'm dumb but not actually because that was a troll jokes, and reference jokes.
Don't forget the threatening to banhammer yourself for drama jokes.

I don't know if I should first address the idea of people pitying you, or that getting you closer to modship, but I think we should just lump them into that same category of possibilities you've disproven exhaustively. It's good to have a spirit of scientific inquiry and everything but we've gathered the evidence we need to put those theories to rest.

Same with the idea that those jokes are funny. You've tested them enough times, you have plenty of response data. The ones you've tried tens of thousands of times (literally, I have the deleted post counts to back this up) and have never once managed to entertain or troll anyone... time to cycle those out of the rotation.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Zahru II
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...
I kinda like it if the lady's dominant...

Post by Zahru II » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:28 am

How about having an -interlude- tag in front of these threads, so that people would know that it's plot not battle?
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:10 pm

stubby wrote:
Silverdream wrote:I think that if people pity me, I'll regain my title as moderator. Plus you're forgetting something, I only know four different jokes: Pity jokes, Sex jokes, I'm dumb but not actually because that was a troll jokes, and reference jokes.
Don't forget the threatening to banhammer yourself for drama jokes.

I don't know if I should first address the idea of people pitying you, or that getting you closer to modship, but I think we should just lump them into that same category of possibilities you've disproven exhaustively. It's good to have a spirit of scientific inquiry and everything but we've gathered the evidence we need to put those theories to rest.

Same with the idea that those jokes are funny. You've tested them enough times, you have plenty of response data. The ones you've tried tens of thousands of times (literally, I have the deleted post counts to back this up) and have never once managed to entertain or troll anyone... time to cycle those out of the rotation.
Well that's your opinion. Most people on the forum think of me as hilarious and smart. If you're jealous of me perhaps I should be the rayhawk.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Apollyon
Actually a decent human being. As far as I can tell anyway...

Post by Apollyon » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Silverdream wrote: Well that's your opinion. Most people on the forum think of me as hilarious and smart.
Err, what?

Edit: i admit, that was your best joke ever.
If you're not into Metal you are not my friend!

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Apollyon wrote:
Silverdream wrote: Well that's your opinion. Most people on the forum think of me as hilarious and smart.
Err, what?

Shh, you're giving it away.
Image lol j/k

Warhead
kaka pants

Post by Warhead » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:26 pm

Silverdream wrote:
Apollyon wrote:
Err, what?

Shh, you're giving it away.
Oooh! So close to a Mom joke but just missed. No luck Silva. Re OP. Damn sakes Silva, when did you actually get good at this?!. I like'd the Mini-Figs, <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a> and the storytelling wasn't Pedo-Nuker-tragic. It fit nicely. Edinburgh... hmm... those soft pansy arts and crafts English puppet fuck-crumpets!!! I'll talk to YOU later... :?

I like this style of explaining the background and pre-battle set ups. Walls of text scare me. I've done this sort of story-boarding many times before, and seen many others, even Stubby (Fedora-Nuker) doing the same thing. If it's about being in the wrong section of the site... get a grip Rev. Rules are for Sophisticates.

Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Post by Rev. Sylvanus » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:43 pm

I support the addition of a story sub-forum. Because it is not that I would rather read real battles instead of story lines, but I would rather read battles instead of story lines. And I seem to have lost my playmates on the moving truck a month ago, so I must hunt for some more :cry:
For Your Reading Pleasure: Rev's Battle Reports

Reference Sheets: Animals and Mounts / Medieval Weapons

Factions: Dragon Guard / Hiimboredagain Raiders

Silent-sigfig
can you feel me?

Post by Silent-sigfig » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:14 pm

My reccomended action is to remove Colette's modship and put all storyline threads in general discussion where I can edit them as I please
BFenix wrote:
Silent-sigfig wrote: :dog:
Coolest 1000th post ever :D

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:07 am

I don't think a separate sub-forum will be necessary as nearly all battles have their storylines anyway, no matter how limited. Putting Interlude / whatever tags to indicate it's not a battle as Zahru suggested should be enough. The amount of threads posted in the Reports from the Field subforum isn't so big that it becomes obtrusive or needs to be split up, either, and mostly these story-only threads lead somewhere (the battle Silva is hosting now...), it's just a way to keep your actual battle intro post from getting too long. I'd also dislike having to look between two forums constantly to keep making sense of it all.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:57 am

Warhead wrote:
Ooh! So close to a Mom joke but just missed. No luck Silva. Re OP. Damn sakes Silva, when did you actually get good at this?!. I like'd the Mini-Figs, <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'><a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a></a> and the storytelling wasn't Pedo-Nuker-tragic. It fit nicely. Edinburgh... hmm... those soft pansy arts and crafts English puppet fuck-crumpets!!! I'll talk to YOU later... :?

I like this style of explaining the background and pre-battle set ups. Walls of text scare me. I've done this sort of story-boarding many times before, and seen many others, even Stubby (Fedora-Nuker) doing the same thing. If it's about being in the wrong section of the site... get a grip Rev. Rules are for Sophisticates.
GUESS WHAT BITCHES? SOMEONE ACTUALLY LIKES THIS STUFF BESIDES BRAG!
Image lol j/k

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:57 am

Silverdream wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Ooh! So close to a Mom joke but just missed. No luck Silva. Re OP. Damn sakes Silva, when did you actually get good at this?!. I like'd the Mini-Figs, <a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'><a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'><a href='http://tinyurl.com/y42zurt'>alot</a></a></a> and the storytelling wasn't Pedo-Nuker-tragic. It fit nicely. Edinburgh... hmm... those soft pansy arts and crafts English puppet fuck-crumpets!!! I'll talk to YOU later... :?

GUESS WHAT BITCHES? SOMEONE ACTUALLY LIKES THIS STUFF BESIDES BRAG!
I like it :asterios:
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:34 am

Thesson wrote:Yes. And we need to. Talk like James T. Kirk. in it.
Thy will be done.

▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

cleanupcrew
Catastrophe Magnet

Post by cleanupcrew » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:34 am

Natalya wrote:
Thesson wrote:Yes. And we need to. Talk like James T. Kirk. in it.
Thy will be done.

I don't like this new development. Yes I understand for things like Death to Brittannia but things like the Avalonian saga and Desperate Measures are actual battles using brikwars combat rules. Yes they have story too but a report without any backstory is kind of bland so I motion we move them back.