Explosive size

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: Pwnerade, IVhorseman

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: Explosive size

Post by stubby » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:59 pm

It should probably be amended to say that any strikes out of range are subject to the usual Out of Range rules (they still hit, but -1 Damage per 1" out of range).
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:14 am

I have a question about explosives: Let's say that I shot a MKIII self propelled rocket at a group of normal minifigs. I jit them, and the damage roll was 8, 2 and 7. That means that all of the dice are in the first 2" from the place that the rocket hit, the 8 and 2 in the 2nd 2" and the 8 in the 3rd 2", right? Then, I found out that there were 2 minifigs in the first radius, 3 in the second and 1 in the third. Would the fig in the 3rd radius get 8 damage or whatever was left of the damage from the other radiuses (in this case 0 damage beacuse it was absorbed by the other minifigs in the blast radius)?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:24 am

8 damage. Everything within range of the explosion NOT blocked off by something that fully withstood the explosion takes the full damage. You remove one die of damage per 2" out, but which one you remove is completely up to the attacker's choice.

Falk

Post by Falk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:31 am

Ok, thanks.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."

MDT-Maikel
BrikWars Legend

Post by MDT-Maikel » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:25 am

I don't understand the rulebook at the point of XS and WS for explosives and rockets.

Are rockets and explosives of the same physical size also of the same size ingame. From what I understand
from the rulebook a one inch rocket is as strong as 1brick high explosive. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also what happens to the extra die you might throw during an explosion, cause one of your normal dice landed on 10?

stubby

Post by stubby » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:32 am

A one brick rocket is the same as a one brick explosive.

When you roll a 10 on a d10 it means you get to roll an extra d6.

So imagine a 3d10 explosion, you roll a 4, a 3, and a 10.
Since you rolled a 10 on one of the d10s, you roll a bonus d6, and roll a 6.
Since you rolled a 6 on the d6, you roll another bonus d6, and roll a 2.

So for the first two inches, the damage is 10 (+6) (+2) plus 4 plus 3.
The next two inches is 10 (+6) (+2) plus 4.
The next two inches is 10 (+6) (+2).
The next two inches is 0, because there are no more d10s. The d6es don't increase the size of the explosion, only d10s do that.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:04 pm

Wait, a crit on a d10 gives you a bonus d6 now? I thought it was a bonus d10 still? Lower probability of crits -> greater rewards for them.

I guess I understand wanting to be consistent with "every d10 means bigger explosion" but I don't know what's so hard about keeping an explosion contained by explosive size, not by how many dice you're rolling.

stubby

Post by stubby » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:17 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Wait, a crit on a d10 gives you a bonus d6 now? I thought it was a bonus d10 still? Lower probability of crits -> greater rewards for them.
Was there ever a bonus d10? I thought it was bonus d6es since the invention of bonus dice.

Supernatural d10s can get bonus d10s, but since I haven't released that chapter yet I'm not sure where this idea came from.

IVhorseman

Post by IVhorseman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:19 pm

Old versions of the rules? I swear, that's how I always played. Roll a crit, roll another of the same die. You're the one that invented this bullshit so I'm sure you're right, but... huh. weird. I'm probably gonna keep playing that way regardless.

sjosten
Minifig

Post by sjosten » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:12 pm

I agree with IV on both counts. While you're the one who made the game and all, bonus d10s lead to more damage, which leads to more destruction, which is the best outcome in a BrikWars battle.
Han Solo wrote: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid.

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Post by Natalya » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:15 am

stubby wrote:It should probably be amended to say that any strikes out of range are subject to the usual Out of Range rules (they still hit, but -1 Damage per 1" out of range).
What if it totally obliterates the target, or moves it? I'm thinking like those spring-loaded rubber dart launcher things. If you shoot a minifig with one of those, they're going to get knocked flying.

▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

stubby

Post by stubby » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:01 pm

Natalya wrote:What if it totally obliterates the target, or moves it? I'm thinking like those spring-loaded rubber dart launcher things. If you shoot a minifig with one of those, they're going to get knocked flying.

Even if extra range reduces damage to zero, knocked flying still means Disrupted. If parts get knocked off then those parts get knocked off, regardless of zero damage done, I think.

Falk

Post by Falk » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:49 pm

stubby wrote:
Natalya wrote:What if it totally obliterates the target, or moves it? I'm thinking like those spring-loaded rubber dart launcher things. If you shoot a minifig with one of those, they're going to get knocked flying.

Even if extra range reduces damage to zero, knocked flying still means Disrupted. If parts get knocked off then those parts get knocked off, regardless of zero damage done, I think.
What if the fig or creation got knocked of the table/playing field?

stubby

Post by stubby » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Falk wrote:What if the fig or creation got knocked of the table/playing field?
What I Say Goes Roll. That kind of thing depends on how serious / silly players feel like being, although I suspect they're more on the silly side if they're using the spring launchers for battle.

Keldoclock
My Little Pony

Post by Keldoclock » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:08 am

Clearly it would re-appear on the other side of the board with momentum intact :P
stubby wrote:omg noob, balrogs are maiars too, don't you know anything