Lord of the rings Battle top game

A friendly place for friendly people where we all play nice and share.

Moderator: Colette

Forum rules
Play nice with n00bs in the New People threads. Save the abuse, trolling, and pr0n for everywhere else.

Lord of the rings Battle top game

Postby yodahobbit » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:57 am

hi all

im in the process of setting up a table top game silimar to the warhammer rulings (but no so indepth at first) i want to use the new lego lord of the rings, i loved warhammer but not the time painting, it was too time consuming, i have a good idea of what to do and when done would like to set up a website and see if we can get the game going, and maybe set up tournaments, anyone wanna give any advise or want to help do it, cheers
TROLOLO
yodahobbit
BrikWars Legend

Re: Lord of the rings Battle top game

Postby stubby » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:31 pm

Aw, I'm sad that this is in the New People forum so I can't act like a jerk. Whose bright idea was that, anyway.

So - trying not to be a jerk - there's an internet rule that says if you try to get other people interested in a project before you've done any substantial work on your own, it's the #1 sign that you're never going to follow through. Which is fine I guess, but we already have an official guy here for ideas that never go anywhere.

Spoiler: show
(It's mgb519.)

Do you have any work done to give us an idea of what you have in mind?
stubby
forum janitor

Postby yodahobbit » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:16 pm

stubby wrote:Aw, I'm sad that this is in the New People forum so I can't act like a jerk. Whose bright idea was that, anyway.

So - trying not to be a jerk - there's an internet rule that says if you try to get other people interested in a project before you've done any substantial work on your own, it's the #1 sign that you're never going to follow through. Which is fine I guess, but we already have an official guy here for ideas that never go anywhere.

Spoiler: show
(It's mgb519.)

Do you have any work done to give us an idea of what you have in mind?

hi yes i have a website set up and started putting together the rules, armies etc its a mix of different rules from on here and games workshop
TROLOLO
yodahobbit
BrikWars Legend

Postby Zupponn » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:20 pm

So a wargame that uses Legos. I feel like I've seen something like that somewhere. :phil:
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny

Postby yodahobbit » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:54 am

Zupponn wrote:So a wargame that uses Legos. I feel like I've seen something like that somewhere. :phil:

you have on here
TROLOLO
yodahobbit
BrikWars Legend

Postby Colette » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:28 am

Zupponn be nice and encouraging to the newbies. From experience making a war gaming system that's consistent and easy to play is a very difficult task.

In either case, it sounds like you (hobbityoda) want to have a medieval specific ruleset? I'd ask the medieval experts like ZahruII, Rev Sylvanus, and Bragallot for advice, and of course stubby is an indispensable source of knowledge (and :troll: ) if you're writing a rulebook on anything.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Return to New People Start Here