Forum Battles List - In need of an Update

One man, one vote

Moderator: Butthurt

Forum Battles List - In need of an Update

Postby Paco » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:20 pm

Considering how popular forum battles are to this forum, it really is a shame that the list of forum battles hasn't been updated since early 2010, especially since most of the forum battles since then have continuing storylines and are relevant to the Immortal War and AN-TA conflicts, while the pre-2010 reports were generally stand-alone.

I vote either Colette or Silva trawl thorugh the Forum Battle archives and make a complete, updated list of every (finished) battle, sorted by start date. Mostly because both of them have enough time on their hands (and know enough about this forum's history) to be able to do it.

What does everyone else think?
Tzan wrote:
Silverdream wrote:the link for a kingdom in turmoil leads to grave tidings.

Are you getting your ideas for posts from fortune cookies?
Paco
Jaw-Jaw

Re: Forum Battles List - In need of an Update

Postby Paco » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:21 pm

Another idea: Once the list is completed: put it in a section of the mainpage (and/or the wiki) so battles can be easily found by both us and noobs wanting to see all our great game has to offer.
Tzan wrote:

Paco
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Colette » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Paco wrote:Considering how popular forum battles are to this forum, it really is a shame that the list of forum battles hasn't been updated since early 2010, especially since most of the forum battles since then have continuing storylines and are relevant to the Immortal War and AN-TA conflicts, while the pre-2010 reports were generally stand-alone.

I vote either Colette or Silva trawl thorugh the Forum Battle archives and make a complete, updated list of every (finished) battle, sorted by start date. Mostly because both of them have enough time on their hands (and know enough about this forum's history) to be able to do it.

Silva please. I'm studying for some big tests coming up and I'm going to become very busy this school year.
Because everything's better with math...and firepower.
Colette
I for one personally welcome clown face bologna

Postby Silverdream » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:40 am

Colette wrote:
Paco wrote:Considering how popular forum battles are to this forum, it really is a shame that the list of forum battles hasn't been updated since early 2010, especially since most of the forum battles since then have continuing storylines and are relevant to the Immortal War and AN-TA conflicts, while the pre-2010 reports were generally stand-alone.

Silva please. I'm studying for some big tests coming up and I'm going to become very busy this school year.

As soon as I can use my computer instead of my phone.

Spoiler: show
mgb519 wrote:Seriously, you are now the first ever forum superhero.

Colette wrote:I hereby acknowledge Silverdream as the one and only forum troll as agreed in the bet.

Quantumsurfer wrote:No, I have 2 silver.
Silverdream
Blockguy

Postby Legofighter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:48 am

Please do it fast.
Also half of the forum battles going on are delayed/jammed/...
So please FIX THAT!
I SWEAR TO SCREW THAT SILVANIGHTMARE THING!
May the Third Alliance die, the sooner the better!
TROLOLO
Legofighter
Officer

Postby OneEye589 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:47 am

Ahem, September of last year, thank you very much.

I tried keeping it updated, but there are so many that are started, then left to rot it's tough. Also, people need to be more organized with their top threads/signups. It would be nice if they were either combined into one thread, or the signups be left out of the Top Thread forum.

Either way, I'll try to update it soonish.
OneEye589
Pooplord

Postby stubby » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:30 pm

I say, rather than put all the load on one person, :diy:

I started a wiki page for Battle Reports as an example: http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=Battle_Reports

People can easily do the same thing for their forum battles. In fact, here, I started a page just for you: http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=Forum_Battles

And if they can't be bothered to put in that tiny amount of effort for their own sake, then they shouldn't complain that someone else isn't doing it on their behalf.
stubby
forum janitor

Postby Paco » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Eh, I just sort of assumed that this would be the type of menial, thankless, archive-trawling work that Colette would get a kick out of. The page on the wiki is a great idea, though. I'll eventually get around to adding some stuff to that list. Eventually.
Tzan wrote:

Paco
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Colette » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:54 am

Paco wrote:Eh, I just sort of assumed that this would be the type of menial, thankless, archive-trawling work that Colette would get a kick out of. The page on the wiki is a great idea, though. I'll eventually get around to adding some stuff to that list. Eventually.

It would, and I would do it, but I have too many things to study for and life is actually starting to get serious.

I plan on seriously revamping the wiki next week though.
Colette

Postby BrickSyd » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:29 pm

The forum battle list has been updated with finished battle sorted by end date (because this is the way the list was started)
BrickSyd
Minifig

Postby Colette » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:35 pm

BrickSyd wrote:The forum battle list has been updated with finished battle sorted by end date (because this is the way the list was started)

You're the reason I joined the forum.

I want you to know I still think you're that badass.
Colette

Return to Administration