Mechwarrior Online

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Olothontor, Timedude

Mechwarrior Online

Postby RoC77 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:01 pm

I don't know how many of you mechwarrior fans are out there, but I just signed up for this today.

http://mwomercs.com
TROLOLO
RoC77
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby BFenix » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:19 pm

I signed up for the beta. Still waiting for my key though.

Looks great. The guys at Piranha seem to be giving the franchise justice. I've been also following their concept artist on DA, pretty awesome stuff.
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4671
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:07 am

I'd love to play, but my computer's graphics card has other plans. Maybe I'll try it on a laptop; mine has pretty good graphics and quality and I have yet to use it for college like I intended to.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby RoC77 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:06 pm

My laptop it 1.5 years old. luckly I am able to play.

@ BFenix Did you sign up as a founder? If so, you don't need a key, the download option on the top right below the login.
TROLOLO
RoC77
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:10 pm
Location: PEACH! The offical lotion of strippers across the country......

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby BFenix » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:06 pm

RoC77 wrote:My laptop it 1.5 years old. luckly I am able to play.

@ BFenix Did you sign up as a founder? If so, you don't need a key, the download option on the top right below the login.


I registered my "Pilot's Name" for beta right when it came available on their site. Unless you're talking about the founders program, which, unfortunately, I can't afford right now. :(
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4671
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby Ben-Jammin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:25 am

What mechs are you guys looking forward to?

The Jenner and the Cicada look nice, but I will surely have to try out the Jagermech. I've always wanted to use it in a game other than mechcommander, where I could actually pilot the thing and tear stuff up with those four autocannons. Stalker looks sweet too.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby BFenix » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:18 pm

I love what they did with the Centurion. I'm curious for the Hellhound.

But my favorite mechs by far are the Heavies and Assaults. Atlas, Madcat, Loki, Thor, etc...
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4671
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby Ben-Jammin » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:54 am

BFenix wrote:I love what they did with the Centurion. I'm curious for the Hellhound.

But my favorite mechs by far are the Heavies and Assaults. Atlas, Madcat, Loki, Thor, etc...


Sadly ,there's no clan mechs in the game so far. They plan on going through Battletech history in real time, in other words, one day IRL will be one day in-game. It could be a while before we see clan tech.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby BFenix » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:
BFenix wrote:I love what they did with the Centurion. I'm curious for the Hellhound.

But my favorite mechs by far are the Heavies and Assaults. Atlas, Madcat, Loki, Thor, etc...


Sadly ,there's no clan mechs in the game so far. They plan on going through Battletech history in real time, in other words, one day IRL will be one day in-game. It could be a while before we see clan tech.


Seriously? Didn't know that. Clan tech is superior to the Inner Sphere's so I guess that's fair after all.
Image "Virando costas ao mundo, Orgulhosamente sós, Glória antiga, Volta a nós"
User avatar
BFenix
Pooplord
 
Posts: 4671
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:13 pm
Location: City Of Ravens (Lisbon)

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:02 am

BFenix wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:
BFenix wrote:I love what they did with the Centurion. I'm curious for the Hellhound.

But my favorite mechs by far are the Heavies and Assaults. Atlas, Madcat, Loki, Thor, etc...


Sadly ,there's no clan mechs in the game so far. They plan on going through Battletech history in real time, in other words, one day IRL will be one day in-game. It could be a while before we see clan tech.


Seriously? Didn't know that. Clan tech is superior to the Inner Sphere's so I guess that's fair after all.


True, but I still like some inner sphere mechs (namely the Marauder variants and some others). I still prefer clan weapons though. Sure they generate more heat (and seem to have longer recycle times), but they have superior range, lighter weight, and oftentimes have better firepower.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby IVhorseman » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Atlas is for chumps. Madcat's a piece of art.
User avatar
IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
 
Posts: 6335
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Location: The Abyss

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:51 pm

IVhorseman wrote:Atlas is for chumps. Madcat's a piece of art.


Seconded. However, I also love the Cauldron-Born.
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby Zupponn » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:57 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:Cauldron-Born.

Those books were awesome.
Image
User avatar
Zupponn
Lovable and funny
Lovable and funny
 
Posts: 5492
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:15 pm
Location: Wisconsin, land of the cheese

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby Ben-Jammin » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:04 am

Irish Zombies vs. Battlemech
User avatar
Ben-Jammin
My Little Pony
 
Posts: 1824
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:59 pm
Location: Not quite the middle of Appalachia

Re: Mechwarrior Online

Postby 501stCadians » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:27 am

Ahhhh, this game. I've been enjoying the beta for a while now. Love the punch of my Catapult and PPC Jenner.
IVhorseman wrote:I'm the Several Hundred Dollar Man!

Image
Rayhawk wrote:"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK" was a major part of Knights Kingdom development.
User avatar
501stCadians
Playmobil
 
Posts: 1552
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Next

Return to Lesser Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests